International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - Suitable for LEM12 Pro & APPLLP 2 Updated 2021.06.26

Z32 Pro firmware (LEM12 Pro and Lokmat APPLLP 2) Android 10 firmware – FAW style, unbranded.

Hi Everyone,
We have something exciting to share with you and we hope you will like it :blush:

Sadly I have to say this now - If this is posted on any other site without using a referring link - we will withdraw this project immediately. This is because we have a partnership with Wiiteer and we respect their trust and support. There are a few sites out there that instead of posting a link to this post - would rather post the Firmware itself - giving no background information about how this project happened. This is not acceptable for our partners or us !

As some of you know – this forum has great support from the solution provider for these watches. We have been working together as friends for many years now. They are called Wiiteer from Shenzhen. They provide us with great firmware support and help us by introducing us to the various brands that you all know.

Over the years we have been listening to all the feedback from you guys for all this time. Things that don’t work and things you would like to see added etc.

Well, we have gained the trust of our friends and they have allowed us to work with them remotely, under license, using their Chinese based environment.
Together, we have produced a unique Android 10 “international” firmware that addresses your problems with the previous default apps.

Wiiteer, @none and I have spent a long time overcoming the remote working challenges to achieve this. If this firmware is well received, then it may be used for other models. If the brands are happy with your feedback. This also means that if any issues are found – they may be corrected to improve the experience.

DISCCLAIMERYou use this firmware by choice.

There is also a BETA program now !! See the end of this post for more info

You accept full responsibility if you damage your device by making a mistake . This will ONLY work on the LEM12 Pro model at the moment. It may work on the Lokmat equivalent – but we have not tested it. It has been thoroughly tested on the LEM12 Pro. Do NOT try to flash the TWRP from stock on this!!

The Lemfo product team know we are posting this – but it is NOT official Lemfo firmware !!

So, stuff that has changed - this includes things like:
Stock Android File Manager – much more functional than the previous one – remember to enable internal storage view by using the 3 dot menu – top right in the app.
Google Calendar,
Google dialer phone app,
Google contacts,
Google messages – including advanced functionality like Wi-Fi calling and instant messaging,
Google assistant – installed and now available by long press the back (lower) button.
Full permissions manager and granular control over permissions.

Any other apps that don’t need system permissions can be installed – by choice.
All previous custom apps are removed.

Task cleaner in the widget section never really worked in Android 10. The task cleaner is in the long press power menu.

To make sure play services app is up to date (after you have signed into Google) you can go to Settings/Apps and Notifications/All apps/Google Play Services and tap on the version details – it will take you to the update page.
All synchronization is working and can be easily controlled.

Then there are some functions added after many member requests:

double tap to wake
Adjustable font size (global)
Nav bar integration allowing “add or edit APNs” in a new square mode.
The layout can still be switched to full screen from the “long press power button menu.”
The Power Menu is now Long Press on an icon operated.
Other subtle features like the four-step brightness control in “quick settings” and long press on most of these “quick settings will take you to the related sub menus now.

Dark mode is fully implemented.

The weather app is working fine and utilizes Google Location Accuracy. The first-time weather is used it will need to obtain location – so GPS can be enabled to achieve this on first run. After this only Wi-Fi is needed because the Location Accuracy function caches your data.

All dependence on Chinese web services is removed to prevent issues with other locations worldwide.
The WiiWear app is still functional but the ability to disable it along with the BT broadcast traffic related to that app is now available in the Assistant app.
Apps like Watch Droid are fine and highly recommended.

Possibly one of the most important things to note is that now the firmware is operating more like Android intended – standby battery life can be up to 5-6 days. We get over 4 days even when Wi-Fi is enabled and google is signed in. Of course – this will vary in use cases, but it is a significant improvement.

Please feel free to try it out.

Here is the update.zip if you are coming from stock.
DO NOT EXTRACT THIS !!
Just copy the zip to the watch storage and use the firmware update tool in Settings / About Watch.
Just change it to local storage using the 3 dot menu in the top right corner of the app.
This becomes visible by changing to square mode and use the back key to return to the app.
Download here… Many bug fixes applied.
Make sure to factory reset after update if coming from stock firmware !!

REMOVED UNTIL NEW THREAD IS OPENED.

Stock firmware here if needed for any reason:

Flash tools -

Don’t forget – please read up on how to flash using SP Flash Tools if you are not familiar with it.

Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers
Pablo11

18 Likes

Thank you, @pablo11 and @none for the hard work. Definitely the best firmware i have ever used on a smartwatch!
Chapeau!
And a big “thank you” to the guys from Wiiteer! :handshake:

6 Likes

Nice would be the first th7ng i installi on my new lemfo when it arrives. Thanks for your efforts!

1 Like

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig thank you!

Thank you @pablo11 and @none! I just ordered a Lem12 Pro just to try this out.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ticwris MAX S and KOSPET Note firmware thread-UPDATED

Fair enough, but this topic is about the FAW firmware…:wink:

Totally agree . This is by far the best of the best :+1: A whole new world has opened up . Bravo guys :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Yes. I love double tap to wake! And Universal Launcher and watchdroid are not longer effected from square mode. That’s great! Battery life is incredible now. Better then my mobile!

2 Likes

Yes , " double tap to wake " is super cool :+1:

1 Like

Could anyone upload a video of this firmware? I hope they develop it for the Kospet Prime 2 as well. Congratulations on your work :+1:

I hope the screen on timer has also been fixed. Sometimes e.g. when trying to switch off in the evenings, I long press power, touch power off and before I can press OK, the screen goes black !?
Same happens randomly during normal use. Seems the screen on timer is not effectively reset by each user interaction…

Kospet is already engaged with Wiiteer (who makes their firmware anyway) regarding using this as a base for their international customers outside China.
Let’s wait and see what happens, and for now focus just on this topic and feedback for it.
Thanks

1 Like

Sounds like your screen timeout is set to 15 seconds in display settings and maybe it should be 30 ?
Anyway that’s OT - why don’t you try this and see how it goes?

I wish Lem14 can use this firmware sometime. Great job guys. Thank you.

4 Likes

This looks amazing but have really been trying to avoid flashing my watch if I don’t have to. Sadly universal launcher has it’s shortcomings so i might. Regardless. Can anyone post a video of them using the software so I can see if it’s worth it? Then I’ll flash asap. Thank you.

Believe me, it’s worth it. But I’m not going to produce a video to convince you. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you pal I’ll be waiting patiently. I’m glad to hear about the longer battery life even if it’s just on standby. Hope it’s also during while the watch is running too. This firmware with universal launcher seems like it’ll be crazy. Thanks again

Its amazing . We have tested for ages and its the best ever . Trust us

1 Like