LEM12 Pro A10 Official Support

The doc claims IP67 rating. The first number is dust, 6 means dustproof. The second is water protection - the higher the better. IPx7, means submersing in 1m of fresh water for 30 minutes. Water jets (ie shower) is IPx5 and says it can handle water jets of 6.3mm diameter at 12.5l/min. IPx6 is 100l/min with 12.5mm diameter (think garden hose which can deliver almost 2 l/second). If the testing is correct, you should be able to shower with it, no problems - however, problems occur if you haven’t sealed the SIM slot properly, or there are cracks/damage to the watch glass or body.

Unless I bought the watch to swim with, I normally just take it off to shower. If I forgot, or was caught in a tropical downpour, it should survive, but not putting it to the test means it definitely will.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I’ll shower with it today & get back to you. Some of the replies on here are poor. I’ve been avoiding it in water but we’ll see today anyways. Thanks again

What do you mean poor ? The waterproof debate has raged on for years now with these watches . Only recently some watches seem to be heading in the right direction with waterproofing but there is a long way to go . As you will see across the forum there are mixed results . Nothing conclusive . Personally i would never expect more than splashproof. I wouldnt take the risk but many have without issues when swimming . There are many factors to take into account with water .

Its your call

1 Like

The quality of the answers is always directly related to the quality of the question…

6 Likes

Ha ha ha…

Seriously though, my phone cost over $1000 and I would never dream of taking it to water.

The watches cost around $200.
I’m sorry but no matter what any one told me, I would not take my phone watch near water and expect it to be safe…

It just doesn’t sound like a good idea to me no matter what I was promised…

Electronics (with microphone, speaker and buttons) plus water = sadness.
Words to live by as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

4 Likes

Please check this out:

2 Likes

Wouaw, many thanks for this news Pablo. I’ll try your firmware as soon as possible (tonight). Have a good week-end and thanks again for your work.

Good evening to all,

Big scare while installing the new firmware. In the middle of the download, an error was displayed and the watch would lock up when restarting or would remain “bricked”.

In fact, it seems that the architecture of my current PC (an AMD threadripper) or its USB 3.2 port did not please the utility to flash the firmware. I tried with an old Intel i5 and its USB 2 port.

Everything is fine. The watch restarted and I LOVE what I see.

Many thanks again to all your team.

Best regards from France,

Nicolas

1 Like

The integration of Google services is a real plus on the unofficial firmware.

Unfortunately, I will have to reinstall the old firmware. The 4G (LTE) network of the operator (Orange) is not recognized. If I switch to 3G (UMTS), the call doesn’t go through either (as soon as I start it, it is displayed as finished). I have selected the same APN as on my phone.

I also have the impression, but it may be subjective, that the reception in wifi is less good, as if the sensitivity of the watch had dropped.

Too bad… But I need too much to be able to be reached, in any circumstance.

Strange … did you use the firmware update option?

1 Like

Hello G1NT0N1C,

And thank you for your anwer. I used the classic procedure, with the SP Flash Tool utility in its version 5.1924.As there was a crash and the watch was restarting in a loop, I used “format & download” to restart it. And there, everything worked well, except the network at reboot.

Do you think I should try again after reinstalling the original firmware?

Thank you very much for your help.

Nicolas

well there you have your reason, you should never use “format all + download” because it removes your IMEI. If you have the IMEI written on the box you can search on google for how to change your IMEI

1 Like

Hello noidremained,

Thanks for your answer. Ouch, I hope I still have the box.

Have a good week end.

Nicolas

I found my IMEI but no way to restore it. MTK code ##3646633# does not work :frowning:

I think it is best to just leave the setting at ‘Download Only’, this should be sufficient for most cases.

Small summary about what each mode does:

• Format All + Download: Overwrites partition table and deletes everything in the process.
  • Firmware Upgrade: Overwrites partition table but tries to save important data.
  • Download Only: Just flashes the selected images to the partition.
1 Like

As @noidremained already mentioned: please ask google how to restore your IMEI. It’s not so hard. But we can’t help in this case because it’s not legal in a lot of countrys

1 Like

@niKoBZH just run a search on the Web for restore imei.

We can’t talk about this here because it is frowned upon.

@none is right about these options and download only is ok if you factory reset. In my opinion.

I personally use the firmware upgrade option because flash indeed takes a backup of nvram during the flash and formats system and user data.
However, it is not as safe as download only…

Hello Pablo, G1NTON1C and none,

Many thanks for your help. Sorry to answer so late, I woke up some minutes ago… :sweat_smile:

All have a great week-end.

Nicolas

Edited for safety reasons.

Lem12 pro…?
No.
I absolutely do not agree with anyone trying to shower wearing a LEM12 Pro.
No matter what anyone says.
You should never ever give any advice like that in a public forum.

3 Likes