Some pretty bad watches are starting to flood the market - Please Read!

Hi all,

I think it is time I posted this warning about some really crap stuff going on in the Android watch world at the moment.
There are some watch main boards being used in new watches that are completely rogue and unsupportable.
Some are made by insolvent companies and some are made using a Unisisoc SpreadTrum based board.
The annoying thing is that they look and seem to be great - but that is the power of marketing as we all know.
1) Firstly we have the Helio A22 m6761 devices running Android 9.
These are generally large 4gb + 64gb devices in a LEM T type body (model S999) or a slightly larger version of the LEM10 (model DM29)
There is NO support for these at all. They are what I call “sold as seen” devices as there is no way to get any help with them.
They generally have a UI that is very similar to a BT tethering sports watch.
They cannot use custom watch faces and battery life is miserable.
Google apps are badly implemented and quite often do not work as expected.
This is an example from Lokmat

2) The Spreadtrum Unisoc devices are coming but not generally available yet.
These are devices made by a company that has basically stolen all the work done by the company that we have all been used to over the years.
That’s why all the watches we usually see here have a similar UI - all the main boards and firmware is made by one company that we have a very good relationship with.
They are very good and make the fixes needed that are reported here.
Sadly this “new” solution provider has cloned the work we have spent years on improving - bit by bit.
So far I have only seen an Android 8.1 Go model nicknamed X300 - but there will be more.
Also unsupportable and also cannot use custom watch faces of any kind - like the one I mentioned above.

It is important to let you know that we WILL NOT BE HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE DEVICES !!
If you buy them - we cannot and will not be able to help you.
We feel so angered by this situation that we don’t even want them discussed here.
Why is this? you may ask - surely that is over the top?
Well the bottom line is this:
The A22 Android 9 4+64 watch boards were made in huge quantity by a mobile phone company that went bankrupt.
They sold them so cheaply that many watch brands thought “wow amazing :slight_smile:”
But not only were they extremely cheap for the brands to buy - the brands selling them are charging full price for them - in most cases more then normal pricing.
But the worst thing is that there is no recourse apart from returning the device - for the customers.
Feedback from one S999 customer:

And from JingTider S999 2.88 INCH 4G Smart Watch MTK6761 Quad Core 4GB 64GB 5.0MP+13.0MP Dual Cameras Smartwatch 2300mAh Battery GPS WIFI|Smart Watches| - AliExpress

So as a team we have decided that due to the bad firmware, unable to report to the solution provider and general total lack of support - we will not have them here at all.
Unless a miracle happens it’s just not happening.
Almost everyone I know who has purchased one has returned it.
Sorry but we want you to know before you enter the honey trap.
Cheers
Pablo11

25 Likes

Hello! Im a noob to all this but i recently got my s999 APPLLP watch and have fallen in love! Still some things im trying to figure out like the HEBS watch app. Inhad it connected for awhile, tried to install that watch droid app but it didnt work and now i cant get HEBS to connect again…any ideas?

A factory reset should work.

2 Likes

Also is there any updates for this watch? I see alot of the Optimus model stuff but not too much on this one unless im looking in the wrong areas

Should i pull my sim card out when i do that or it doesnt matter?

If doesnt matter

Have you tried in watch settings to see if there a ota update availabe ?

1 Like

@Coolbeans247 I reopened this topic and moved your posts here. Read this thread to learn about your watch.

2 Likes

There is nothing for this watch.
Sorry mate but you have purchased a “sold as seen / no support” device.

4 Likes

Also I somehow opened the developer options on the watch,but i have no idea how to use them or what it does

Dang that sucks lol…I was able to get the app running once i did a factory reset. Do yall think maybe theyve updated it cause my phone is running Android 11 and the watch seems to run fine with it so far

As mentioned above there is no support here for this watch . Sorry

I’m absolutely sure they haven’t updated anything at all…

2 Likes

What are the bad things about this watch i should be looking out for?

You have to be very careful, because flashing the firmware is not an option. It’s nearly impossible.
Make sure that settings are always opened in “last tasks”.
This is a kind of emergency exit to enter the settings, to delete an app or something like that.

1 Like

@Coolbeans247
Cheers!
Very important limitations:
first: battery life (just a day or maybe less)
second: you can’t disable battery saver in apps (they all turn off as soon as the screen goes into power saving mode)
Third: Video apps sometimes crash during playback. Can’t install many apps from Play Store.
Fourth: There is only one button to perform all operations.
fifth: the screen position is vertical by default. An app needs to be installed to change the screen orientation and it also turns off when battery saving mode is activated.
sixth: it is not a complete android 9. This can be verified by installing an app called “hidden settings”. You’ll notice that many settings are disabled because they simply don’t exist.

Other restrictions:
-Low weight due to the materials used (low quality)
Very little system configuration management.
Magnetic cable charging is unstable (although this happens in many other smartwatches).
The cameras do not have the quality they promise.

Aesthetically it is beautiful (although it is also a matter of taste). It sounds good and the phone’s options are well thought out, but this doesn’t make up for the rest…

5 Likes

Thanks, good feedback :+1:

1 Like