Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

I already set the health in UL.

The pedometer (step counter), calories and distance (KM or miles) will not work at UL. Only health and climate works.

So, no pedometer is working for UL, it will not show calories.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the default smartwatch launcher does not recognize non-original watchfaces.

Ok, I just noticed that this device is Android 8.1. The android version on your watch is quite limited. Some features won’t work on your watch.
Sorry.

1 Like

You are right @G1NT0N1C
It’s one of the unsupportable devices that will also be unable to use the clockskin folder.

If UL works it is your best option.
If not, unfortunately there is no other option.

This is embarrassing… I’ve been away from the group awhile, and i’m trying to upgrade to the newest version of UL… And I don’t remember how to install is as an APK… I’ve been trying and it won’t install. Could someone point me in the right direction please? Thank you…

You would normally download it and make sure that it has the .apk extension and then browse to the download folder and click on it to install.

If this is not working you might need to enable the “install from unknown sources” option for the watch.

Which watch do you have?

1 Like

I have a Kospet Prime.

So when it has downloaded does it have to apk extension or zip?
Are you using the stock file Explorer?
Best to download a better file Explorer because the stock one is not too good

1 Like

I downloaded it to my computer and transferred the file to the watch.

I figured it out! Thanks for the help!

It was an issue with zip extractor.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks :+1:

1 Like

UL is not zipped, so what’s the relationship with ZipExtractor ?

1 Like

I thought it was zipped, so i unzipped with zip extractor by mistake. User error. All fixed now.

4 Likes

I thought it was a simple error and it was - good news. :+1:

1 Like

This is actually pretty nice. Look forward to playing a little with it. Thx

My step counter does not reset to zero each day in my .watch Watchmaker files with the {ssc} counter. It also does not reset when I choose to reset the pedometer in WatchClockSkin app settings (even though a pop-up says the step counter has been reset). The counter does register steps, it just doesn’t reset the counter.

Here’s some details:
Device: Kospet Prime 2
Firmware: FAW 1.3
UL Version: 3.6
Battery Optimization for WatchClockSkin is turned OFF
Unrestricted Data for WatchClockSkin is turned ON

Any ideas? Have I missed a setting that I need to change? Has anyone else seen this?

Have you tested if the steps rest on the stock launcher?
Should check first because it may have nothing to do with the universal launcher.