Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Ok, it is worth asking but don’t be too surprised if it doesn’t work out.

1 Like

Hi, yes this is great watch it could be the best of the best if it was IP68 had ,gyro, magnetometer, and proximity sensors. Then it could the best Spy watch ever as you easily even send morse code with it. I don’t know though who’s idea was the ceramic bezel. After one month light use it already has 4 cracks and yesterday probably I broke the protective screen or the screen. Although the big crack it works fine so I guess it is the protective glass. Keep up the good work and tell me if there is a way to buy ceramic bezel or screen for this watch. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello guys, i want to ask you what is your experience with this watch…

Several months after my second (replacement from Kospet) Optimus 2 died, i want to ask if you had problems with sweat/moisture/rain at all…

The camera of my first Optimus 2 died after a running session. I got a replacement ( i had valuable help from @pablo11 on this), but the camera of the second one and the screen died after the watch got wet during rain… I was too pissed off to bother with anoither replacement…

Is it only me who had these problems? Was i so unlucky? The gap between the camera and the body of the watch is too vulnerable to water…

This gap among others, is why the product is announced as not waterproof.

At least that’s what I always read here, but checking Kospet Official Store on AliExpress, I see this:

And looking up IP67, I find this:

1 Like

The gap is a weak point for moisture etc . Running with this watch isnt a good thing . Usually the watch will get stuck in a boot loop until battery is drained . Awesome watch and a favourite of mine but not for exercise

2 Likes

Hi Andy (And other posters!) This is slightly off topic I guess (But still relevant to the “Waterproof” discussion) I have a Nautis divers watch that is Helium filled and rated to a depth of 50 ATM (Approximately 500 meters or 1640 ft) and I take it off when I wash my hands! I never wear any watch of mine anywhere near water…especially any of my FAW watches. Why risk your watch just to be able to say you can swim or take a shower wearing it? It took me ages to get that Nautis and I want it as a permanent, working!, part of my collection. Anyway, just my thoughts on it…and to be perfectly honest, I very rarely descend to 500 meters when I am playing at the beach! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons
Oh and yes, I have owned Divers watches that were affected by sweat! Unless you have these types of watches regularly services and Pressure checked, you can never be certain that they are waterproof.
So any type of FAW that has a sim card slot, mic or speaker opening is not going to be even the slightest bit waterproof no matter what the advertising says.

3 Likes

Really guys?
We are talking about cheap Android watches that we have already made very clear:
Even if the factory states a waterproof rating - forget about it.
The LEM 14 taught everyone a lesson.
It doesn’t matter what anyone says - I stand by my opinion that NONE of them can be waterproof.
Some level of water resistance is provided but it refers to a splash, not having a shower or swimming.
Let’s get back to reality here

5 Likes

I agree to a certain point. The FAW watches do have build in sports tracking functions, with heart rate and blod oxygen monitors and GPS and are very much advertised for such usage. If they cannot even withstand sweat, it is <I’ll leave that out>. I do agree that I do all that I can to not get it wet, and cover it if I am out in the rain, but I would very much like to be able to bike or run with them and expect the back of the watch to withstand a certain level of sweat, not with drops running on top of the skin into the openings up the side of the watch, but with moisture forming between the watch and skin.

1 Like

Well put @pablo11 “It doesn’t matter what anyone says - I stand by my opinion that NONE of them can be waterproof” Far safer to assume that it is not, in any way, waterproof and just enjoy using the watch with a few sensible precautions with regard to getting it wet. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

I can totally see your point @Dotsfar :+1: and I daresay that provided you are not trying to run a 4 minute mile then perhaps it wouldn’t be a problem…I guess the only thing you can do is use it as you want…when you want and see how it hold up? Cheers, Doons

1 Like

That is my approach. Have fun with them, protect them as much as possible, and use them for “casual sports”, hoping the fun will last a long time :grinning:
I have my 4th FAW watch now, and none of them have died from my approach. I only have new ones because of excitement with these watches, not that they were worn down.

2 Likes

Right. They shouldn’t add all the sports/fitness tracking features and include people exercising with it in the promo videos if that is the case. I personally treat it the same way I would with a smartphone around water, and use a fit band on the other wrist for heavy duty sports and swimming, but kinda disappointing that I can’t even, say, use it for navigation on my wrist while riding a scooter in light rain.

1 Like

@Benson_Wallace yep, I get that.
But would be be willing to expose your mobile phone to a hot shower or swimming?
Most likely the answer is “no”
So you treat your watch in the same way.
As far as fitness apps and fitness monitoring devices - I would always advise people not to buy an Android phone or watch if this is what you need.

There are devices that you can buy for this purpose, but they are fairly expensive, if you want one that will survive.

Always remember that full Android watches only have a motion detection sensor (accelerometer) and pulse detecting diodes on the rear cover for heart rate…

They are meant to be a miniature mobile phone, and as such have the same pros and cons.
The various brands include “fitness apps” but just remember that they will be able to function like your phone.
They are not primarily designed to be fitness monitoring devices.

Just remember that mobile phones are advertised in the same way.
Fitness apps etc…

Cheers

2 Likes

And here is another casualty
Lesson to be learned here

1 Like

I had a Lem 12 Pro, which I was happy with until moisture ingress during a sports session made it unusable. I then bought an Optimus 2, ALWAYS wore a sweatband on my daily runs and haven’t had a problem for 8 months now.
An unfortunate side effect, however, is that the heart rate measurement no longer works due to the sweatband.

Regarding the wristband . Thats good to know :+1:

Hi everyone, my kospet optimus 2 has started disconnecting from the phone network , like loosing strength, only outside the house its gets half of the signal it did before, I have restarted the watch and its configurations but it did not change, I’m starting to thing somehow the antenna is now weaker or get damaged?

I would check that your Sim card contacts are clean.
Turn Airplane mode on and off and check signal.
Make sure that the same Sim works fine in another mobile phone. Just in case your cellular provider has started to use different bands.

If none of these help, you can email after-sales@kospet.com and talk to them about the problem.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. may kospet optimus 2 can’t make or receive call. it is in v1.7_20211201. text messages can get through but not a call. not even to 911 or network operator hotlines.

i already made the factory reset and tried several sim cards that’s working on my old kospet prime 1. any advice or work arround?

Can you check the IMEI number?
In Settings / About Watch / Status and see if the IMEI number is there…?

If you have stock factory firmware you might even see the IMEI under About Watch without needing to look for Status.

1 Like