Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

thanks for the Pablo. yes the IMEI is there.

I think the IMEI number is banned by your service provider or the APN is not correct.

Is imei changing allowed here?

@sinlaojd
You will have to use the web to research this particular issue.
Legally we canā€™t discuss this here. Hovatek seems to be a good site for that kind of problem.

1 Like

Somehow I didnā€™t see this reply. Anyway, Iā€™ve made my peace with the lack of waterproof-ness of the Optimus 2. It does many other things very well and fills the gap that I intended it to fill. Just noticed one minor problem though when trying to take a photo at night. The flash works, for sure, but it seems the timing is off. When I press the button to take a photo, the timing of the flash and the actual photo being taken seem out of sync, so my photos turn out black anyway. I mean, I donā€™t find myself wanting to take photos at night very often with this thing (and of course, if I did, I would have discovered the problem earlier), and Iā€™ve discovered a Button Mapper workaround that allows me to use the flash as a torch, which is great. But it would be nice to be able to reliably snap a quick picture of something in dark conditions. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, do you have any suggested workarounds? I notice there are some settings in the camera app but not really sure what they do. Or perhaps a 3rd party app would do the job?

2 Likes

@Benson_Wallace which firmware are you using?
Personally I have only ever had this problem after installing any app that can use the flash light sensor.
The fact that other apps have access to it seems to cause a tiny delay.
At least thatā€™s my experienceā€¦

You can check the camera settings and make sure that flash is NOT set to automatic as another test.
If it is set to be ā€œalways enabledā€ the flash delay might be less.

1 Like

@K-Lub
Ask your questions here please.
I canā€™t answer PMsā€¦ If I did - I would never have any time to myself. :joy:
Iā€™m sometimes a little late to respond, but thatā€™s usually because my time zone is Australia.

My bad, Iā€™m having an issue with the app old school runescape only showing the left half of the app on my optimus 2. Iā€™ve had the app before and it worked fine but I think there was a dev option I had changed to make it work that I donā€™t remember.

Itā€™s ok, I saw that you have posted your comments somewhere else.
No problem.
Iā€™ll remove these from here

@pablo11 Build number FAW-OPTIMUS2-V1.3-RC1

I have double click on the back button mapped to turn on the flashlight with Button Mapper (pro version); not sure if that would be affecting anything.

By ā€œcheck camera settingsā€ do you mean just toggling the flash setting on the in-built camera app from auto to on (as opposed to through some other settings menu)?

When I do that, Iā€™m now able to actually see the pictures that I try to take in the dark (as opposed to before when I just got a black screen), but the timing still seems to be somewhat off.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s what I was referring toā€¦
The options that come up when you open the camera app :+1:
Well, in that case I have no idea what to say apart from - test it after removing the button mapping app, and preferably after a factory reset without installing anything.
That would demonstrate if it is the watch or an app that causes it.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: FAW release candidate 1 v1.3

Got this watch delivered a few days ago but im facing a problem when it comes to the camera.

It should be a 13MP Sony IMX214 camera and support a way higher resolution then full HD but i cant get it working no matter what camera app im using.

When camera2 API is enabled i could see the different resolutions up to 4k but when selected it is not recording any video, as soon as it start recording it stops immediately. The maximum resolution for shooting a video is 2.07 MP!
Such a waste to not being able to use the video recording to the maximum of the cameras capability.

Anybody got a solution for this problem?

Did you factory reset the watch before you set it up ? If not do so and check for a update . If one is available download and reset again .

The correct specs are here

Thanks for your reply, i did reset the watch multiple times and there is no update available because it is running the latest firmware version.

Is your watch capable recording videos in 4k, or anybody elseā€™s watch because i think it is a 2MP camera but its software makes it a 13MP camera. That would be so bad if that is the case!

The camera is 13mp . I have never recorded video

i think im way ahead of you because that is what i do explain into my two previous posts, it should be 13MP but it is in fact 2.07 MP.

You test it yourself and post the results by installing for example open camera app and in the video settings enable camera2 API and then set the video resolution on 4k and see if it is recording.

I would appreciate some test results by other Optimus 2 owners and off course any solution to get recording videos in 4k working because this watch should be powerful enough to record in 4k resolution.

The next link contains the specs of this Sony IMX214 and have a look at the supported resolutions:

Where did you purchase your watch from?
I ask because the Optimus 2 is no longer being made by Kospet and the original definitely has a 13mp camera.

I believe I uploaded the original hardware specification but I will check againā€¦

1 Like

@okwhateverok if you research a bit you will find that the video resolution is limited on mainstream phones with higher MP as well

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s true.
Sorry, I was talking about the fact that the camera is exactly what it is supposed to beā€¦ 13mp.
At least, the original Optimus 2 was 1080p videoā€¦ Using the FAW firmware.

However, if this is a ā€œcloneā€ and not sold by Kospet - it could have different hardware.

3 Likes