International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

Let me guess after update factory reset?

yep, if you don’t factory reset after going from 1.0 to 1.2 then you won’t be able to open the power menu

The new V1.0 packages has been updated, they include a factory reset and are based on V1.2.
It is basically just called V1.0 to indicate the upgrade capability from the original firmware.

1 Like

Yes it is fine to update to any version after you have updated from stock to v1.0.

Factory reset should always be done with beta testing and that’s why it is written in the original top post.
This is normal due to framework changes and menu changes that simply wouldn’t work properly without a reset.

1 Like

when we will get global stable version OTA update for optimus 2

There is no guarantee you will OTA . However the latest build is amazing . Why not give it a try ?

Yes that’s right.
We have not implemented the “download watch face” facility and we will probably remove the icon.

Especially as some people (cough cough) complain about the available selection of faces not being to their liking.

This way it goes back to how it was before this function appeared.
People need to take the initiative and download faces that they actually want by visiting places where they are available.

That feature was aimed at the domestic market (China) where they can not visit the various locations to download content due to the Great Firewall.

This firmware is designed with choice in mind.
So people can decide for themselves what they want to download.

We will discuss it further, depending on feedback.
This is the whole point of a beta program.

2 Likes

It might never get to official OTA.
Even though this is us working directly with them to create a more “International” experience.

The reality is that it may not be acceptable to the brands.
If they decide that they cannot do without Wiiwear, watch face store / download and all the custom bloat apps - we can only keep it here.

Still worth it in our opinion, regardless.

1 Like

By the way, while on the subject of watch faces @anon5802783

Have you tried this?
Its pretty awesome.

Universal Launcher crashes after I updated to FAW v1.3.

Did you factory reset before you install it?

If problem persists after a factory reset then it will be a permissions problem or something like that.

I did every time with each new firmware

1 Like

Might be worth asking Eric about it in universal launcher support thread?

Edit:
You are aware that you can modify the font size?

1 Like

A bit over dramatic, are we?
It is considered beta for a reason, those changes are subject to change and reported bugs are going to be fixed.
And as I linked on my previous post, you can just flash back to the default firmware.

2 Likes

I totaly agree.

2 Likes

The reason why the music player was removed, is because it was a prebuilt application that only used the launcher as ‘control unit’. It is currently the same situation with the fitness application.
This is something that i personally don’t like (forced external dependencies), that’s why the step counter and weather were remade as a launcher built-in.
The philosphy here is: either have it built into the launcher or only have a external app.

I might build a replacement for the music player as soon as all the current bugs on the launcher are ironed out.

3 Likes

Strava finds gps faster on faw1.3b1 than on 1.2, from what I experience

1 Like

Today I tested the new versions (1.0, 1.2 PRIME2 battery level 50%). In both versions, the battery charge control malfunctions. If I connect the watch to a constant stable 5 volts, after about 10 minutes, the charging current will start to fluctuate. It ranges from 0.2 to 0.6A for about 0.5 minutes.
It then rises to 1.3-1.4A and the watch heats up a lot. At 1.4 firmware, 0.65A current consumption is stable up to 90% of the battery. It then decreases continuously. (As it should be) I reset to 1.4 and it works fine again. That’s why I think it’s a software bug. I also tried it with 3 different chargers and a lab power supply. (Each device works flawlessly)

3 Likes