What are your top Daily to Useful apps?

Alrighty, here’s my rundown:

Smart Touch (or Menu Button) - indispensable for creating any sort of on-screen shortcuts concealed in a single hovering button–be it a list of apps, volume & screenshot controls or simply Back and Home buttons.

Aimp - best music player for Android due to its superior playlist management, swell interface and a practical EQ design.

Player FM - best podcast app among the dozen I’ve tried, excellent functionality and interface.

FX File Explorer - a fast file explorer w/ slick interface and flexible file sorting that can show the size of each folder.

HedgeCam - best camera app w/ the most convenient interface for a watch. It’s got about every feature one could ask for, starting from changing format and quality of photos as well as codec and resolution of videos to locking the orientation to landscape, also going in-depth w/ metadata, HDR and exposure configs.

DeezLoader - this one is, uh, for downloading music… for free.

Aptoide - and this one, uh, is for downloading apps… for free. Another benefit of Aptoide is that sometimes I’ll find an app that Play Store won’t let me install on a watch (e.g. Open Camera), either giving me a bs “app not found” or “your device doesn’t support it” error. Then I look it up on Aptoide and voila - the app becomes “found” and the watch very much supports it.

8 Likes

Can you give me a link to the right app?

Thanks

4 Likes

Sorry!!
I didn’t listen to the message!

Thx Tim!

1 Like

i cant seem to get AirMore to work properly, is anyone else experiencing any issue?

would there be any way to use Macrodroid to set the MTKnoLed.apk to enable after boot up ?
or even better on a timer after every 1-2 hours?

for some reason even when i boot the watch then enable MTKnoLed.apk the watch still has a stable state of AWAKE (battery lasts 12 -14 hours). then i do the same thing the next day and mtknoled AWAKE state is gone (battery lasts 24-36 hours).

but to get rid of the uncertainty and prolong battery life i think macrodroid might be a good solution.

You don’t have to have mtknoled, execute the command in a terminal or adb shell

2 Likes

I own a Kospet Prime 4g smartwatch. My top daily apps are:

Universal Launcher - a must have, as it is a light launcher and allows widgets

Always visible volume button - that’s the actual name. A floating button that controls the media volume

Strava - not a friently app for round displays, but it has a widget and you can control the app from it

Macrodroid - it has many useful tweaks. I use it for incoming/outgoing calls, in order to turn on/off the Bluetooth automaticaly. It saves me battery.

Radiotunes - an internet radio app, with lots of chanels. The 80’s rock chanel is a great companion for my running activity :slight_smile:

Speed dial widget - it allows you to organize your contacts in groups and its widget saves you a lot of time

Androzip free file manager - you can manage your files from your watch and unzip compressed files

Wiiwatch 2 - it has some basic features and i use it only for transering files from phone to watch. No need for receiving notifications and calls from phone, as i use the watch as my primary phone,when i’m out.

WiFi file transfer - for those who don’t want or can’t connect their watches with the pc via usb, this app gives you an adress from your local wifi network and you put it in your pc web browser. After that, you ha ve full control of your watch files.

6 Likes

I would like to add a few too (this is for now the final list after about 2 months of usage):

1. Via browser: A lightweight browser with which you can easily change tabs unlike in chrome because of the tab button placement

2. Gravity box: It needs Xposed and I don’t have any use for it apart for the pie controls. When you use a pie control app from playstore, it doesn’t let you swipe from the edges in square mode and causes a lot of confusion (you have to figure where the trigger area is in square mode) but with gravity box’s pie controls there’s no problem in bringing up the pie menu. Pretty handy if you want to use the physical buttons less and do things quicker

3. Games: Stack, colour switch, temple run and crossy roads

4. Datuner pro: If anyone wants a tuner for their musical instruments, this app is a lifesaver. It has both metronome and audio tuning and works good in round mode

5. Lspeed: Requires root, and I think it works well. You can use it to boost your battery backup or performance at the cost of the other

6. Rotation control: Not something I use daily, just set it and forget it till you need it again. Controls rotation (no shit).

7. Dark mode: Useful for amoled screens, and enables dark mode for “most Google apps, Instagram and more”

2 Likes

What instrument(s) do you play? I played trumpet from 4th grade all the way to the end of High School. I’m an old fart now, but always treasure those times with my band buddies! :trumpet:

1 Like

Nice! I play the sarod, a stringed Indian classical instrument. Still learning, it has been 6-7 years now. Couple months ago I started learning to play the digital keyboard too, tho I haven’t got much far from there :joy:

NO FRETS ON THE NECK! That’s not easy!

Well, every instrument is unique and each is equally difficult to play and master. Playing the trumpet is no paltry feat too! But yes, being fretless does make it a bit trying.

1 Like

Guys, I want to share a very useful app, at least for me… I have searched a lot to find an app like this. It’s called Music folder player free. I’m sure you guessed right. You can playback a whole music folder, which includes songs from various albums/artists.

4 Likes

Hello guys, i want to add another usefull app for our smartwatches! It’s called ‘Back Button Anywhere’, it’s free and you can find it on GooglePlay. It’s a button on your screen that you can program it to do various actions. And all of these without rooting (althought i don’t know if FAW has rooted my watch). I have programmed it to take me to the home screen with a single tap, to switch off the screen with a prolonged tap and to appear the power button menu with two taps. So, i use my power button only for turning on my watch :grinning:

There are other types of these apps . If you have looked around this forum some users have had serious problems with this type of app

https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/kospet-prime-s-teething-trouble/63160/43?u=dr_andy_vishnu

I use the app for about a week and i had no problems except that the power button doesn’t always work after booting the watch. But it always works when i want to turn on the watch. Maybe the app interfears with the physical button function? Except from that problem and a few advertisements when i’m in the app, i didn’t deal with other problems.

EDIT: I mean that the permissions you give to the app interfear with the physical button, like the permission to turn off the screen.

These applications do not work well in watches with A9.1 and A10 but in A7.1 and 5.1 they work well I don’t know why, I have a lemfo lem4 pro and the floating button works very well.

That was my point :+1:

I share with you my experience with the app. I have an Optimus 2 and it works like charm! Whoever wants to “save” his power and back button, this app is ideal for him. At least, you can give it a try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: