Kospet Prime S teething trouble

Yes sir and from the beginning it was doing the connect disconnect thing so I rebooted the watch and phone it got a little better until it flat out just wouldn’t connect at all so I uninstalled the app did a factory reset on the watch and did the syncing action again that’s when the condition I’m dealing with now showed it’s face the app on my phone nor my phone through settings would connect to the phone but 8 can connect to watch Droid without issue … Also today I was able to prt my contacts via Bluetooth from my phone but will not connect for anything else

Do you think a reset of my phone may help it’s not the watch I’ve connected to my Chromebook via Bluetooth, my tablet and just to prove to me it’s my phone my wife was able to connect with her note 10 does Android 11 not play well with the watch or could the Bluetooth file been currupted some how on my phone

I would suspect that it is a permissions issue on your phone.
When you scan the QR code and install it on the phone - it should ask you to enable all the correct permissions.
But sometimes this does not work and you have to manually check all the permissions.

Same for the watch.
You must check that the background “cleaner” app must be set to OFF in the Optimisation section on the watch and also the other permissions needed.
Usually, if you have scanned and installed the app will do this correctly.

So the issue most likely comes from the phone.
For example, if you setup your phone using BT settings, it will not work correctly.
For correct setup you need to open the app on your phone and then scan the sync QR code which will pick up the MAC address of the watch and create a permanent connection.

Lastly, the app was developed with Android 9 and 10.
So there might be an issue with Android 11. Unfortunately I can’t test this.

I strongly advise you to use Watch Droid tethering app.
Much better.

Also remember that your watch only has 1gb or ram so you may have to kill all other running tasks and keep minimal apps installed.

3 Likes

On initial start up I did everything you described I really think it’s a android 11 thing all permissions were granted except one the background sport setting there is no toggle for this permission I’m pretty good with technology so Im certain there is no permission on my phone for the sports background also my phone just recently received the Android 11 when idk I’m wondering if when I got the update is when everything went to the crapper unfortunately I see a reset coming for my note 20

I’ve figured out how to get the watch to connect I noticed all of my Bluetooth transmission was currupted so instead of doing a full fledge reset I just reset the data connection and Wala connection with no issue no disconnect reconnect shananigins so I’m assuming after the Android 11 update wifi configuration or something like that change now I’m a happy camper I can actually understand the temperature

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: LEMFO LEM P 4gb + 64gb (Prime style watch) support thread

It is really very sad that FT cannot be used in these watches, being such a useful tool, it would be very convenient to find out what are the necessary permissions to use this tool correctly since I would really need it in this watch.

Which watch and what is FT…?

1 Like

Jajajaja I mean floating toucher

Ah I see.
Yes it seems to be a permissions problem with the app.
It needs to be able to appear over the top of all apps and this seems to break it.

I might have a look at it when I get time, but I must admit that I don’t like this chipset and it makes things difficult :frowning:

It needs this permission as well as quite a few others

Hi. I need help with my Prime S. I recently bought the smartwatch and inserted a 4g simcard. The problem is i can’t make or receive a phone call and send or receive sms. The weird thing is the mobile data is working. I’m from Malaysia and using a simcard from the network called Yes4G. I tried the simcard with other smartwatch (aladeng w5 4g smartphone) and can make/receive phone calls,sms and mobile data. Can some help me please. Thank you in advance

Can you check the IMEI number is still there?
Go to the settings and About Watch and then Status… Should be able to see the long imei number.
You can also check the APN settings in the cellular settings.

1 Like

yes the IMEI nos are there(2 watches and both have the same problem).
the IMEI nos are:
1- 869433050087363
2- 869433050086845

I’ve also checked the APN settings. the settings are as follows:
Name: yes internet
APN: yesnet
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: not set
MCC: 502
MNC: 152
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,xcap,supl
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Not set

I’ve checked with the network provider’s FAQ site on the APN settings and it says that only the Name and APN should be set to yesnet and to leave other unspecified fields as defaults.

Not to be too basic but have you double-checked that the voice bands of the watch are compatible with your carrier? Voice and SMS may go over different bands than data. Just trying to help.

1 Like

It may well be that the carrier rejects the Chinese IMEI numbers.
This is possible and happens in a couple of countries.

2 Likes

so it seems that I need to check with the network provider?

just double-checked and they use bands 38 and 40 (according to wiki) which the device supports. but it says that they are “the first and only all-4G and all-IP network provider in Malaysia”(also according to wiki). it also says that they use VoLTE. does the watch support VoLTE?

So according to Kospet’s site, all Asian countries are supported and the Prime S is VOLTE compatible.

Sorry for the confusion because I’m stumped now. Hopefully others will have insight.

VOLTE will work if the carrier allows it on all devices.
To be honest it sounds like you should have good chat with the carrier support team.

They are really the best people to help you now I think.

2 Likes

thank you sirs @pablo11 and @good4life for the replies. I’ll check with the network provider.