UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

Everything works with win10. It’s just a little bit tricky to install not signed driver.

Hi Tim, thanks for Info. I haven’t checked that out, I must admit. I was choosing on the basis of some YOU TUBE Videos I have seen.

1 Like

I drop it with no problem…when it connects.
The back plate is very weak because of the weak magnet and it is difficult that it stays connected.
So far, with that solved…no problem to connect with it through the USB…Appears as “THOR” (:slight_smile:)

Thank you for your post. I found that after installing mtknoled.apk, this made a significant difference. Even with firmware 2.7 before 3.0, my watch went from hours of life left to days.

Which prompts a question. Can anybody educate me what the mtkled bug is?
How it works? What does the apk fix and why wouldn’t a previous firmware just simply fix this. The fact this makes a significant difference is night and day. A shout out to the developer who created this!

Actually what happens is, Our device doesn’t have Led notification light, but these Chinese rom makers haven’t disabled that module in the kernel.So whenever you receive a notification, it triggers the led,but since there’s no LED it doesnt activate, so it keeps on trying and doesn’t let the device sleep,hence drains battery

2 Likes

All mtknoled does it tell Android the device has no notification led. You can do the simple android command from an adb shell. No root: settings put system notification_light_pulse 0

2 Likes

Ok wow, thanks all. It all makes now. I glad for forums like this when people can get together to help others. A+

1 Like

so if i install MTKnoLED.apk it will not affect my watchdroid notifications in anyway?

it is simply to render the command obsolete as there is no hardware LED built into the optimus?

can someone post the link to mtknoled.apk in this thread as i searched on the forum and have not come up with any results other than it being mentioned but no file.

No, it’s just to justify that there’s no notification led
I installed mtknoled from here

1 Like

done, thx !
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

No problem, anytime :slight_smile:

Holy cow really??? I will need to check my Kospet optimus pro now thanks!

@Ogk_The

A reboot does not fix the problem?
Nordic chip should sync up with Android on boot

I have tested my Optimus Pro and the long standby time is same as Android watch time.

Have you messed around with the time zone settings at all?

I made it sync by changing the time setting from auto to manual and back to auto as a user mentioned it before in another thread.

take it here

1 Like

Jolly good :+1:
I tested mine and it was OK so I know that there is no issue.

Just FYI - the 2 different clocks sync on boot.

While I’ve tried to follow this thread, it became way to technical (too many bunny trails) for my interest. I just received an OTA with build Hope_B_20191024. How is this different from the version mentioned on the first post? Funny thing is there is no mention of this version on the Kospet site. TIA…

I asked it here 9 days ago. Think nobody knows. Read there were some changes like the new kospet firmware mostly in Settings menu.

Could you be more precise? I do not understand what you are talking about.

1 Like

How is Hope_B_20190320.7z (first post from @pablo11 different from Hope_B_20191024?