Watch face and engine Q&A for Prime 2 and A10

I noticed that if in WFD you create a new page at a resolution of 480x480, and then in the “layer” menu you choose “import component” a .xml clock file worked in a lower resolution, of 400x400, it can then be exported to the new resolution. Unfortunately, the “clock skin browser” cannot display correctly unless you have a watch with the new resolution. Can anyone try this?

2 Likes

Nice design, looks great! I love this font. Eurostyle, am I right?

It looks like your swearing face :sweat_smile:

…maybe “inspired by”…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It was really inspired by your creation @G1NT0N1C , but I made it for myself. It is also in Romanian and is for my personal use. What I wanted to know is if it works on Kospet prime 2 at an automatically increased WFD resolution, as I explained at the beginning of the topic. And the font used is Microstyle ATT. Thank you!!! :clap: :clinking_glasses: :clinking_glasses:

Great that you made it and I hope someone tests it, otherwise hopefully I will have mine soon and eager to test.
But upscaling the graphics kind of defeats the purpose of making a watchface in native resolution, doesn’t it ? The purpose would be to have pixel perfect graphics in higher resolution than seen before :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a stupid question, but does anyone know if the new Kospet prime 2 with the original SL accepts GIFs. Anyway, we’re talking about Android 10

Hi Mr T . Just emailed you :+1:

LOL - I was right they are calling them bullet watch straps. @SmartWatch_Ticks , I managed so far to get one of the touch command spots configured for the camera on the watch face gyuri created a while back - still my favorite. I just need to take time to configure the rest. I also noted the current touch spot needs to be moved outward a bit as I think it is still set for the Prime 1 size screen. I currently have available for the watch face screen:
Phone, calculator, google voice, weather, recorder, SMS, camera, settings, heart rate monitor, and total commander (file manager).
All that and it of course shows the time, date, day and battery percent.

1 Like

The Coordinate of the touch was also a problem with the Optimus pro (454X454). you need to push the coordinates to the edge of the screen. Resolution is probably important for the A100.

It would be nice if you could try this watch face to see if it works or not.(stock launcher version)

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give it a try on the Rollme also. Question for you over here: Genuine IP68 watch

I sent PM (button test)

If anyone is looking for the code for putting a phone button on their watch face I am posting here as it was not working on a watch face I was trying to fix for the Prime 2. I could not get the information from the “Package Names” app I usually use to obtain that nor could I get it from “MyApk Pro” app which is a similar app. I found it in the /system/media/insideClockSkin folder in Clock 6 which was the only one which comes with the Prime 2 that has a phone button on the clock face. Here is the code which will replace any code in the clock_skin.xml file referring to dialer or typically you’ll search for com.android.dialer and replace the cls and pkg with this:
<cls>bp.wt.com.androidp_contacts.activity.MainPhoneActivity</cls>
<pkg>com.wiite.dbf.androidp_contacts<pkg/>

2 Likes

Thanks pablo - I wasn’t sure if I should post it here or in watch face sections.

It’s because they can be used for formatting the text here, but if you select “Preformatted text” or put a backslash, \ in front of it, you can have them shown. for example:

hello
<s>hello</s>
\<s>hello\</s>

1 Like

thanks noidremained! took me a minute to get it and I figured it was something to do with forum not allowing what would otherwise be used in html code or something along that line. Cheers

1 Like

I would like to understand how a watch face gets the data on steps, kilometers and so on. I don’t see anything in the clock_skin.xml or other .xml files in this watch face that says how it gets that data from the watch. Also trying to figure out how to remove that data from the watch face. Totally new in this area of knowledge. Does the ‘arraytype’ have something to do with what data a watch face gets?

2 Likes

Also look here :

2 Likes

Thanks gyuri and Eric_Crochemore - Awesome - info is exactly what I was looking for! Cheers