Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Button mapper is a completely different thing. In nothing to do with the watch faces.

Here is blue month

:man_shrugging:t3:

Button mapper is a app you would want to download if interested

So button mapper is required to use these watch faces?

No Iā€™m showing 2 different ways to access camera quickly. Button mapper doesnā€™t work with the stock camera tho it is a nice because it will work even if you have a app open. You would want to install a better camera to use button mapper.

You might have to adjust touch points in watchmaker to get the camera button to work in the watch face because the prime 2 has a different dpi screen. Not sure why itā€™s not working for you.

1 Like

Thank you. Button mapper is a perfect tool to launch the camera, and I can use any watch face now.
What camera app do you recommend?

The app is called ā€˜A Better Cameraā€™

The unlocked version is well worth it

1 Like

You donā€™t need to change the app on your phone. Just make sure you have authorized the launcher to receive the notification.

First things when building .watch format the app makes life easier. its worth the $8

The OBJ files if you are using the APP have to be less the 3mb to use. There are some ways around this but the watches themselves dont like more then about 10mb max. 6to 8 works best. the one i show in the video later on is 12mb and its a large file in the end.

your OBJ files must have a JPG or bmp or PNG for a texture layer and they have to be coded correctly to show up with color. here are some tricks to look for when editing MTL files. if your MTL has all the crap highlighted delete all that. its going to be looking in the wrong spot for the photo and will end up red or clear in some cases.

c:/admin/folder/ blah blah blah get rid of everything but the file name.

Open MTL files in wordpad

to get image file for texture, open in blender and then switch to UV editing or Texture editing and save file. if multiple layers you will have to save each one. OBJ will have to be ReExported in blender to save texture files.

This file started as a glb and when converting to obj it didnā€™t transfer colors since it wasnā€™t in RBG so had to use the texture editing on the glb file to get the png I used and added to the obj file and then Export OBJ in blender again.

You can use RGB mode and not have to upload images but the coloring is very limited this way

adding 2 videos.

If your file is less then 3mb you can put in the beautifulwatchfaces /3d/hightest file number U63 for me)

once 3d image is imported then you can load it like the 3d models or layers

if your files are larger. you will want to build a watch face with a random image inserted to get the clock and location approximately set. You will then export the watch. plug into computer and pull .watch file from beatufulwatchfaces/export

extract .watch file with zip7 extractor.

replace files in 3d folder with new models and textures

open .watch file in Notepad. change file name of the 3d image to the new file name.

save. repack, then rename to get rid of .zip and make .watch.

at this point open the watchface app. import watchface. finish editing final position on model. then export and its ready to use. in this model i added a DRS value to y so it rotates every second.

for gyro affect start at about 100 and edit from there

uploading 2 videos to help show the app.

final product took less then 10mins

Hereā€™s the watch face
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1JeS0zg1SRB5g_DONMc8JzO7JlOwf-S/view?usp=drivesdk

After another 5 mins editing added Ucolor. Touch anywhere to see the stars, red goes back in color green goes forward in color

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-asu65SYxQmgfzQjE7eGdkMhKRiwCeT4/view?usp=drivesdk

4 Likes

Awesome :+1::+1::+1:
Thanks very much :handshake::handshake:

Nice one :handshake: . It was good discussing this with you recently :+1:

2 Likes

Glad to be able to help. If any info is missing or confusing let me know and I can help clarify. Itā€™s not a easy process especially considering Iā€™m teaching myself coding and 3d. I have no idea what Iā€™m doing but it seems to be workingšŸ¤Ŗ

Getting the coloring and files sizes correct is definitely the hardest part. Iā€™ve made some really cool faces but the files are so big they wonā€™t load on anything smaller then a 4gb A10 watchšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Hey, even after authoring it to receive notifications, I still donā€™t get them.

I know the weather server was changed recently ā€“ does the server for location also need to be changed? I keep getting ā€œBad responseā€.

Iā€™m also getting a ā€œBad responseā€ notification after ā€œGPS found.ā€ Trying to determine whether this is a GPS chip gone bad, as the GPS Test app shows 24 satellites in view, but I canā€™t get a fix even after 10 minutes outside.

Goto watchsettings- lokation- extend. Enable location accuracy.

2 Likes

Location Accuracy is enabled, and allows Maps to establish a location. But I canā€™t get a fix on the GPS signal. I think itā€™s a chip gone bad, as I have tried flashing/factory reset/clear and update AGPS, etc. to no avail.

First lock takes a while.
With only GPS enabled and no Wi-Fi or cell data.
You should go outside with no obstruction and use a GPS app and wait.
It can take a whileā€¦like 5 or 10 minutes first time because it was set up in China.

If it fails after that it is almost certainly the antenna.

Bad response is for the weather response.
GPS should be fine in your case.
You can check your location in the UL settings

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I can get a fix on GPS Test after about 1-2 minutes. But the location in UL settings is stuck on Paris (Iā€™m in Greenwich CT USA). I do remember seeing the location switch in UL settings until about 2 weeks ago, but no longer. And the time zone indicator that I have on some .watch skins shows CET instead of EDT. So it seems the location is not registering for use by other apps. Tried this on both stock (1.4 and 2.1) and FAW firmware - same results.

Well, it wonā€™t work. Iā€™ve tested and i have now the same issue.
Yahoo has also removed the Location from his API. So, the GPS is working fine giving the position, but when i try to get the associated city using Yahoo, it fails. I will correct it asap, removing Yahoo !

Version 3.5.1 available :

4 Likes