S10Pro International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - Suitable for LEM14 2021.06.26

I will look into it and see if I have any issues…
Thanks

1 Like

I am seeing nothing unusual here with charging.
Has anyone else had issues?

2 Likes

Okay, I charged it overnight to 100% and this morning the discharge rate seems okay, no worse than version 1.0. I’ll let it discharge to a low percentage then check on the re-charge rate.

1 Like

Every time we factory reset, there will be a whole lot of updating the first day in the background, with Google services etc. This causes high battery usage, so we can never trust the usage from first day after updating or purchase.

4 Likes

Very good point! As a bonus, it seems to me the weather app is updating itself…

2 Likes

Just wanted to update on this location issue with Universal Launcher. According to Eric it’s NOT ok now. The Yahoo weather API changed and it won’t work any longer. He released 3.5.1 but something is still broken with it. I cannot use it all any longer due to not stop overlay messages even on the new version. This is not an issue with 1.1. It started for me on 1.0, I upgraded to 1.1 thinking it might help but it did not since it was unrelated.

Also unrelated to the above, one new thing I noticed now is if I actually use the watch to do anything, like browse the web for a bit or talk on a video call for a long period of time, I’m starting to get these hellacious warning sounds and a message that takes over the screen about the battery overheating and telling me to remove it. Why am I getting that now and how can I turn this off?

I was trying to tell you that it was not related to the firmware apart from the silly message which is now removed from the next update (you will be warned but it is not going to tell you to remove the battery)

About the UL… This is what I was interested in you testing on stock firmware…

The heat warning is normal for using the watch for video calls for any calls that last more than a couple of minutes.
The screen, the radio activity (Wi-Fi or 4G /3G cellular) and all inside a very small, sealed space. It’s gonna get hot and if gets over 50 °C it will warn you.

If I browse the Web and only Wi-Fi or cellular is enabled (not both, and BT off) then I don’t get issues.
However, if I browse the Web for long periods of time with WiFi, cell data and BT enabled, I notice the heat.

I think for you it would be a good idea to flash back to stock for comparison and try and see if you have any issues like these you have mentioned.

3 Likes

Understood. It was getting hot before but I wasn’t getting screamed at so I just want to be clear I’m not blaming the firmware update for the heat, only this crazy warning. The first time it started going off it went crazy (alerted about 20 times in a row) and my wife looked at me like WTF? It was obnoxious.

Regarding UL, I just wanted to make it clear going back to stock was NOT going to fix it. The good news to anyone reading here, @Eric_Crochemore fixed the issue and posted an updated 3.5.2.

1 Like

We will discuss some possibilites to reduce the thermal discharge of the system.

About the warning you don’t have to worry, it doesn’t indicate any immediate danger.
You can check this post for more information:

3 Likes

It would have been much better if it had to go below a certain temperature or wait for a certain amount of time before it was allowed to alert you again

This would be the ideal behaviour, but i assume this warning app was designed in a time were advanced security and throttling protocols weren’t implemented yet.
It basically just register the warning temperature of 50°C and then constantly fires the alarm, even if there is no immediate danger.
If it would come to this the device would have already shut itself down, either due to the kernel battery driver or the temperature protection on the battery pcb itself.

I’m also find battery draining more quickly.

Cheers.

@akirax23
Compared to v1.0…?

V1.1 is using more power than v1.0?

I can’t confirm…

Yes, compared to v1.0.

With v1.0 I would have at this time over 90% battery life but actually I’ve 54%. Same programs and configurations also in same scenario, from my home to work and from work to home.

Installed v1.1 same day that you post it.

Battery draining can be because any updated app, but I don’t know.

Cheers.

I’m starting to notice this as well. I’m tempted to flash back to stock and then update back to the 1.0 as it seemed to be better on the battery. I could go all day and only be down to 60% but since updating to 1.1, I’m down to 80% in 3 hours. By midday, I’m already down to 60% and putting it back on the charger.

Also, the fact that the battery charging screen is gone is becoming increasingly annoying…it’s already finicky enough to get this thing on the charger WITH the charging screen…but with it gone it’s practically untenable. I woke up this morning and found my battery down to 30%…because it wasn’t on the charger right. I’m probably going to do the downgrade today as I’m struggling to get along with 1.1. :frowning:

I’m gonna give it some more time before I do that to see if anything changes.

As I said in the top post - if you have any problems make a factory reset before reporting it.

Have you done this?
I am asking because I have factory reset mine and I don’t see any difference with battery drain.

So now I am very curious.

1 Like

Battery issues? See above.
As for the charging all you need to do is swipe down from the watch face screen to see if the battery is charging…?
How can this be worse than having a badly implemented charging screen that caused many other problems because of the overlay?

2 Likes

I never had any of the issues others had with the charging screen. I am being a bit lazy but when I need to do more steps when I previously did not have too sucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, I factory reset again. However, today things seem much improved. Maybe it was because the battery drained so much last night? I’m only down 7% after almost 3 hours which seems much more on par with normal. I’m going to keep my eye on it but It looks like I’m not going to go nuclear on it today.

At some point i noticed battery drain…

But since the last update and factory reset… battery life seems to be normal …

Regarding the battery charging screen… i agree with you its a bit annoying without it … but we have to do without it to gain all the nice feature of new update…

Perhaps it can be re impleminted by our great programming team from scratch without depending on the old buggy app or code… ( which -by the way- i never had problem with it )

Anyway thanks for your efforts