Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

I have also seen that the sunrise and sunset watchmaker tags used in some of my .watch faces are off by the GMT offset amount in UL versions 3.5 and 3.5.1.

EDIT: Weird, I didnā€™t initially see the post here for 3.5.1. Oops! Disregard what I previously posted butā€¦

Update: Nope, still useless. I cannot change location from Paris and nonstop overlay messages about ā€œGPS foundā€. @Eric_Crochemore Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m understanding your response. Is 3.5.1 still known to be b0rked?

Even using the ver 3.5.1 universal launcher the gps found message continues to appear insistently but the faces are not updated I get the temperature at 0 degrees I am using the ver faw 1.1 lem 14 the restoration has already been done all the permissions have been granted and even so the weather does not work on the faces that used to work for me

sadly thereā€™s still something wrong with this update, I will correct it. For your information I have been forced to change my computer and re creating the right environment to compile UL is difficultā€¦
About those annoying message, if your gps is turned off, it wonā€™t happen.

2 Likes

thanks Eric I know you will correct it. universal is the best launcher hands down and it definitely takes time to keep it working 100%

2 Likes

I may have lost this correction in the transfer process to my new PC. I will check.

Normally this version should be ok. Iā€™ve tested it successfully.
Let me know if it works.

6 Likes

Thanks eric :handshake:

1 Like

Can you also make button mapper app to take picture besides launching the app?

You can use button mapper with insta camera however Iā€™ve always found it to slow to get a clear picture. I would rather just open the app and see what Iā€™m taking a picture of. Instead of taking a pic in the background.

2 Likes

Yep, sunrise and sunset times working fine now w/ v3.5.2! :grinning: :+1: THANKS!!!

1 Like

This did the trick. Everything working great again. Thanks for the hard work. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for addressing this so quickly. UL settings shows the correct location and the constant ā€œGPS foundā€ overlay messages no longer occur.

1 Like

Thanks, did you mean this insta camera:

I tried it, I canā€™t make it work automatic - as I understand if you open app it should take photo

1 Like

That correct as far as I know.
You can launch the app but a photo cannot be taken directly from a shortcut.
App has to be launched.

Different app not in play store

Yes, not in the play store because it is a breach of Android security.

I donā€™t know if you (everyone here) are aware but there are several law suits currently in place about watch cameras and activating them secretly for nefarious purposes.
Such as breach of personal privacy etcā€¦
Up skirting and other things.

Currently the future of the camera on watches is being debated legally and we will find out at some stage if they get outlawed.

Personally I donā€™t recommend using any app that breaches Google privacy guidelines such as the app above.

I think it is better if details are not available for this app here on the forum

1 Like

Was not something i was aware of, I can remove post.
Itā€™s not something I found very usually anyways itā€™s slow to take a pic.
I have foundā€™ A Better Camera Unlockedā€™ is my best option itā€™s very adjustable easy to switch between video and camera. The top menu bar is adjustable so itā€™s easy to switch between both camera or add a delay before taking the pic.

The camera quality isnā€™t amazing on the watches so I find it better to use the video to be trying to catch something quickly anyways.

1 Like

No I didnā€™t mean that you have to remove it because it doesnā€™t show any particular app in use that could be identified. We donā€™t want to be seen to be encouraging this because the site gets scraped by Google etc, every day.

Itā€™s why we never discuss changing imei numbers eitherā€¦ Just in case.

My apologies, I was not trying to criticise you or anybody elseā€¦ Just stating facts about the precarious future of cameras on watches.

Iā€™m working in a data centre at the moment so I may have come across a bit brashā€¦ Not intentional I assure you.

Yep, A Better Camera and Open Camera are good apps to use.

Probably explains why you never see them on WearOS watchesā€¦lol.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add to the UL Settings an option for .watch faces to run in the background when the screen is off (independent of whether the Always On Display option is chosen or not)? In other words, for on_hour, on_minute etc. functions to continue to operate even if the screen is off. For example, an on_hour function in the startup script for the watch face to chime on the hour wonā€™t chime right now if the screen is off; it only chimes if Always On Display is chosen and the display hasnā€™t been turned off manually. I donā€™t know if this is technically possible or not, but if it is possible I for one would love to see that included.

1 Like