Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

good morning @pablo11 sorry to bother. I’m new here, but I’ve been reading some articles and I had some doubts if I can help, thank you.
I bought a kospet optimus 2 a few days ago and would like to update it to the international version to be able to sync with google easily and not have duplicate apps with the factory ones.
where do i find the latest stable version of the international version and if i have to install the version FAW V1.0 first and if so where do i find this.
sorry to waste your time but i have only found articles that are closed, discontinued or hidden.
have a nice day and happy holidays

The FAW firmware will be posted when ready . The threads were closed due to mass confusion. Stay tuned

3 Likes

As you know, a system update from version …PIX_V1.6 to the version KOSPET_Optimus2_PIX_V1.7_20211201.zip was recently published. My question: Will all of my data be preserved with this system update or is it the case that all data will be deleted like a factory reset? With mobile phones with Android, all data are retained after a system update (e.g. with OnePlus 8 Pro with Android 11). But is that also the case with an Android smartwatch? I would be very happy with a definitive answer from an expert, because I’ve already had bad experiences in this regard and I don’t want to laboriously restore all of my data. Thank you!

Hi . It is advised after ANY update to perform a factory reset . Some people do not and encounter problems . Its upto you

1 Like

Sure, that may be true, but my question was whether, in contrast to a factory reset, all my data will be retained during a system update of an Android smartwatch.

Yes, thats right, you won’t lost your data. But it’s advised after ANY update to perform a factory reset.

1 Like

Ok, that’s what I wanted to know, thanks!

At least you now know that after a update if your watch doesnt perform correctly you know how to fix it :+1:

Yes, I think you mean I should do a factory reset, right?

1 Like

Hi guys, I notice even though the Prime S has lower spec and Android version, its Lift to Wake function actually works better (the screen turned on faster) than the Optimus 2. I have both watches and have tried it many times still the same results, Prime S is always faster. Another thing is the timeout on Prime S is longer (3s) vs Optimus 2 (2s). Anyone knows if these are hardware or firmware related ? (I hope it’s firmware and we can have an update for it soon)

https://youtu.be/8wZJt6daaJo

https://youtu.be/ImcUO1rGJYs

https://youtu.be/acbEKsmfrqw

Yes . But its upto you

Different hardware sensor.

There are many different factors to consider that effect the motion sensor but mostly it is all about the amount of background apps running and the hardware sensor itself (sensitivity + quality)

The two devices are made by different factories that use different component suppliers.

It’s most likely nothing to do with the firmware at all.
That’s the point I was making.

I see. thank you for the info. both watches were using stock firmware and default software when I tested.
So this means the hardware on the cheaper Prime S is somehow better than the more expensive Optimus 2 :frowning:

Maybe, who knows.
It might be more sensitive but only lasts a few weeks…who knows?

The fact that you think it feels better is all that matters - to you.

I have both devices and I don’t notice any difference :thinking:

So it is your personal experience and given that you are the only person who has this experience after almost a year - I will leave it here…

Cheers and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Yes, you are right. Most people won’t notice it as the gap is small. Just I bought the Prime S and used it first couple days before getting the Optimus 2 so I immediately noticed the difference, if I had done the other way around that wouldn’t have happened. Just a little bit disappointed when I noticed that.

Btw about the lift to wake screen timeout (the timeout on Prime S is longer (3s) vs Optimus 2 (2s)) is definitely on software right ? Is that something can be added to the next firmware update ? (I see other people are also asking for that in some other threads about the watch in this forum i.e Lift To Wake timeout )

Check that thread that you linked.
You may find something that interests you.
Cheers

1 Like

I just got my Optimus 2 yesterday and I too can not get my Google contacts synced in the Google Contacts app. I also can’t use the Google Calendar it crashes in my watch

Hi and welcome . If you wait a few days we will have a development on this which will fix this and improve the overall experience of your watch . Stay tuned .

3 Likes

if you have a look at the other optimus 2 threads you will see one on the ‘contacts’ topic, which refers to a solution, i believe the issue is fundamentally the same on both problems, and both are solvable currently, the functionality requires two google apps for each to be loaded, one for the ‘database’ side of it, and another for the UI

earlier on this thread are some comments referring to the calendar issue

2 Likes

The lack of the Accessibility Settings to change font and page size was a problem for me, as I am slowly doing a Set Up of my new Optimus 2. The best advice I got on it was “well then, use your Assistant to open Talkback and set it from there”. That solution does work and I was the best I could do to change the font size for a few hours of having this watch but I wanted a better solution. I went on to load the Button Mapper app so I could control the flashlight on my wrist and low and behold, right there in the settings menu of Button Mapper is the fuller version of our Accessibility Settings including Font size and Page size. So until I find a better real Android 10+ solution this works better than bugging my assistant for font size every time I need to try out a change. Maybe it could help you too and the perk is you can make your back button do anything you want. I do warn it does have adds but for me thats a small price to pay.

1 Like