Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Full update

1 Like

cannot be installed as an update from an existing FAW firmware. Error message! Probably only as a new installation with the Flash Tool. Since there is no further information about this version 1.7, I advise against an installation.
This version 1.7 is not offered on the official website of the manufacturer Kospet.

@pablo11 is in direct contact with Kospet on a weekly basis so this update will be safe to use . Its not for you to advise users against using this firmware . Might i suggest you personally flash your watch to the original firmware then upgrade to the new firmware.

2 Likes

I have installed this update using OTA from the original fw. It’s working ok.

3 Likes

Yes, it is a full flash tools firmware.
Not an OTA.
Hence my statement Full Update when I posted it.

And yes, you have to install it using Firmware Upgrade option in the flash tool if you have been using FAW.

I thought that was well known?
The preloader is different and so due to secure boot - a clean install is needed.

3 Likes

@pablo11 another piece of evidence that it was a good decision to end public FAW testing.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: LEM12 Pro A10 Official Support

I should have read this before I ordered the watch… I received it 2 days ago, went running with it for the first time and after just 5k there was obviously enough humidity inside the power button so it started boot-looping for the next 5 hours.

So I can only confirm: Don’t get this watch as a Sports Watch, you will be disappointed!

Go to Settings > System > Reset Options and hit “Erase all data”

You will find once the battery runs out the boot loop will stop . However if you run with it again it most possibly will do this again . I can highly recommend the Kospet Note for running . Tried and tested by me many times

Right, the looping eventually stopped, but the Power on/off button is still not working as intended, but more or less randomly. Thanks for your advice anyway.

Happens to us all… :grin:

I would return it asap regarding the power button . The issue is not present on all the watches ( just some ) . I dont believe this is due to your running either but the boot loop is

I tend to agree, however, I ordered that watch through Jumia, Ghana, with the real seller being some no-name china company. Under African terms there is very little I can do legally to enforce any warranty. i guess my only chance would be Kospet Sales directly.

That said, I really see some behavior I have seen before on Samsung mobile phones. Sweat is a very aggressive thing for unprotected phones/watches. the button was totally fine before running and the way it is built it is a lot more exposed than other places where I have seen sweat damage before.

I will let the Xmas days pass before deciding what to do.

Have a great Xmas Eve.

1 Like

I thought this was the Optimus 2 thread ?
Clearing up now.

Notice 2 difference after the 1.7 update:

1. Battery charging much better around 10% to 20% faster.
  2. Display interface much more smooth and the size fits perfectly.
1 Like

Yep - thanks for the feedback.
The situation is that the stock FW provider is merging changes from our FAW firmware into the factory stock version.
Hoping to give a better overall user experience, but at the same time keeping the brands happy with what they think we need as customers.
It is a difficult balance :slight_smile:

1 Like

After another really bad day with this watch and the On/OFF Button functioning more and more randomly I have registered the watch now for return pickup and refund. For now I will go back to my simple and rudimentary running setup from before.

Next time around I will check information like this thread a lot more carefully before making a buying decision. This thing actually ruined a lot of my Xmas experience this year.

Cheers

Very sorry to hear this @gh.comm22 - I really hope they replace or refund for you asap.
I notice that you purchased through a supply chain of some sort.
Is this because the official Kospet store is not available to you ?
It may be best to contact them directly and explain the situation after-sales@kospet.com

1 Like

Thank you for your advice.

Buying directly from Kospet and have it mailed to you is possible in most African countries, but you have to deal with a corrupt, broken systems where everyone from the post office clerk to the customs officers is trying to make their share on the side, especially when you are a foreigner. This is annoying and expensive.

Jumia on the other hand is an established online sales platform that has adapted the Amazon business model to the African reality successfully. If I order something through their global sales they do shipping and customs handling at a fixed, prepaid price. Very convenient, especially given the current restrictions on travel.

And actually, they will pick up any damaged item again from my house and refund me immediately afterwards. Honestly, I have no idea, what’s going to happen on their side afterwards. I guess, they just don’t pay the supplier.