Official Support thread for LEM14

Yeah, definetely a nice watch. I purchased mine a few days ago. The only thing that´s bothering me is that i am not able to scan a qr code. I tried every qr code with thew covid app or with a qr code scanner app with no availe. Is the camera with its 5 mp not able to recognize a code?

Do you have the necessary app installed to read QR codes?

1 Like

@mafri I too have same watch and was having issues however the camera does scan and recognise QR codes. It’s just a bit fiddly. The camera doesn’t like being too close to the subject matter and the subject needs to be quite bright.
It’s annoying when queued at a COVID check-in and the watch is not picking up the QR code, I’ve been there!
Cheers

1 Like

There are 2 QR codes.
Both are to be scanned from using a QR scanner on your phone, not the watch.
NEVER install Wiiwear app from the play store. It’s out of date.

Go to the Assistant app on your watch.
Open “connect phone” and scan the first code to install the Wiiwear app if you want it.
Then hit return or back and then you will be able to use the tethering QR code to pair the watch to the phone.
You do not use the phone BT settings for pairing.

But to be honest you are better off using Watch Droid. And then you can use the tethering QR code to connect if you want.
Wiiwear and WiiWatch are soon to be removed from the play store anyway.

Watch Droid is far superior.

It’s here on the forum

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

Yes i have!

Thanks for the quick response of all of you. I will trie to rescan the QR code of my covid app. I hope this time it will function.

Ah ok.
Sorry, I didn’t realise that you were trying to use the watch for covid scanning.
That’ll teach me for not reading properly…

I use my LEM14 and the Service NSW app to scan QR check-in codes… its very easy and way more convenient that using a glass slab type phone! lol

2 Likes

Hi, guys. I need the contents of the Ringtones folder.
I removed the stock sounds, and now, when changing the ringtone, it throws back into the settings and writes “Ringtone unknown”. However, it still reproduces some (simple) sound.
I can, of course, reset to default, but I have to check, maybe this is not the problem.

A factory reset will solve your problem.

I know, but want to check.

If you kept the original folder structure and only removed the audio objects, it probably a permissions problem.
You can use a good file manager to set the correct permissions.

1 Like

I do not exactly remember was there subfolder or not. Could someone look the structure of the folder Ringtones? And eventually send the files to me!?

There is no subfolder in the ringtones folder.
It is blank by default.
Only user-added ringtones need to be entered here.
The system installs the basic ringtones elsewhere.
You do not see these by default.

3 Likes

You’re right. what i don’t understand is why a lot of people always dread a factory reset as if it were open heart surgery. I suspect that it will take no more than an hour to set the watch back up in most cases. So why spend 3 days looking for a different solution instead? :thinking::wink:

3 Likes

We say … Sisyphus is dripping with saliva for ideas like this. :wink:

This is the answer I need. Thanks, Bro!

This is the exact difference between an engineer and a non-engineer! I need to know the exact cause of the problem before doing “open heart surgery”.

By then, the non-engineer has long since done the job. And he started his weekend with a friendly wave. :grin:

1 Like

After uninstalling a third-party file manager, associations disappeared. (There was only one original file manager left in the system) Installation of third-party software caused the system to request associations, which made it possible to select an application for working with files.

Thanks everyone!

He who seeks will find (c)