Official LEM15 Thread

1st & foremost thk you all at FAW for your help. I decided to drain the battery of Lem 15 and flash the firmware, when the battery level reached 11% the watch beeped and booted to choice of NOVA or default launcher …Yah! choose default and uninstalled Nova once again thank you all, will search your site where I can pay for you starbucks coffee guys
Thank you, saved my watch

2 Likes

Donate icon is at the top of this website - paypal icon…
Glad you sorted it out and came here - sending me a message is not always the best way :slight_smile:

1 Like

You understand that for big corporate setups - the hardware is assembled in China and the user interface and firmware is made in the USA or where ever the company is based. Therefore they have the ability to create google friendly devices without issue.
And that’s what you pay the big price for.

These devices are not recognised by any corporation and have absolutely no support from the big “G”
Hence they are cheaper and not as up to date as the expensive alternatives.
But - as I said - a more flexible firmware is coming very soon.

@gyuri I would be more than happy for you to make this video for the benefit of all.
Obviously we would not be able to answer the thousands of questions and the “Oh My God , I have killed my watch” posts because we don’t root ours (well most, if not all of us that moderate here don’t).

So please go ahead and create a sub topic for this subject :+1:
Just FYI though - the FAW International FW currently has OEM unlock disabled.
For the very reason that out of every 100 people who root these things - around 5 actually understand what can and can’t be done with Android 10 root access.
Then we get hammered with cries for help.

yes , but LDAC codec has much better signal quality for listening HQ music even than the aptx-hd or adaptive, has almost lossless sound quality or at least better than you can hear. aptx has just a little better singnal to noise ratio than AAC, also don’t expect to find cheap devices that support aptx-hd or adaptive. some devices except sony finally has started to produce devices that support LDAC codec. LHDC is considered also as a high quality codec and is free also and companies has started to support.

I think if we were going to implement anything it would be native support for FLAC lossless codec which is open source.
To be honest I have not looked into it and for all I know - if a decent music app is installed it would probably support it anyway.
Obviously we could not use someone’s proprietary code which is closed source.

Why do you think LDAC is better than FLAC ?
Compression maybe ?

Great result . Good news all round

Sorry but you are mixing audio compression (FLAC) and Bluetooth audio transmission codes (LDAC Aptx SBC SBCXQ etc.)
SBC is the default on all devices. The rest are all solutions that improve sound quality. The simplest solution would be to turn the SBCXQ on and off. This is a completely free open solution. LDAC is really good, but these headsets cost a lot. Aptx Aptx-HD can be easily added afterwards. These include headphones with good sound quality (with litle compromise). These are in a much more affordable price range.

APTX and APTX-HD codec on PRIME2

SBC XQ magisk module for android 10 watches (Based on LEMFO LEM14 1.7)

2 Likes

The point is that with a 100-200 euro - $ device you can store tons of studio quality music and trasmit it in excellent quality to your headphones. Meanwhile, some big companies just discovered high quality streaming music or selling very expensive devices with 4 g ROM . I can remember I had a 4 gb mp3 music player 15 years ago…

2 Likes

Thanks @gyuri
I have not been myself lately and I appreciate your help… A lot!!
Cheers

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the lem15 from bangood comes with screen protector ? I think mine has a screen protector on it , but I am not sure .

They ship like in the photo - this is done in the factory - for both lemfo and Lokmat.
This happens to be a Lokmat APPLLP 4

This top layer has a very obvious label on it to show it should be removed.

Under this there is a screen protector which is not easy to spot because it is the same size as the screen.

Only a wooden tooth pick should be used to remove it, and only if absolutely necessary.

This may sound dramatic, but trust me - we have seen people literally carve up their screens - trying to remove a screen protector that had already been removed :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the information. so I dont need to order one for protecting the screen.

Good one, mate!!! Reminds me of when the Omate was first released.
Ah, memories…

Technology has improved quite a bit since…except with humans and screen protectors!!!

Hope your doing well!! Love to FAM…

Cheers,

Another Old Geezer

hello how to download new firmware for LEM15 ? my watch is V1.2

1 Like

Sorry doc, you are wrong… :wink:

1 Like

Hi

Can I install the FAW version on it !?

Not yet, it’s not available yet but it is coming very soon.

2 Likes

Nice to hear from you old mate @CmdrKhaos :handshake:
My youngest daughter is in labour as I write this… At last!! :grin:
Another grandchild… My God I am old :pensive:

4 Likes