Max S FAW Android 10 Firmware Impression

i have no option for scale when i press the power button

Ok, obviously it was removed because it is no longer needed. Usually all apps should be displayed on the entire screen.

3 Likes

The fitness app doesnt seem to be working correctly for me on FAW A10 firmware, the GPS is enabled in settings and on the fitness app,but for instance when i start the fitness app say for a walk its shows the timer and heartrate, but doesnt register steps,kmh,etc etc and when ive finished and saved it and go to historical track it shows the map but with no markers or route of my workout,but if go to the home screen where the watchface is and swipe up where it takes you to fitness shortcut ,it has my last workout data there???any ideas whats wrong?

Yep, we didn’t bother focusing on the fitness app.
It was not a priority for us.
As I said before, the DM101 firmware was something that I spun up and it is “as is”
There is an fitness apk file that you can try.
It should be attached to the FAW RC1 firmware thread.

3 Likes

ok thanks, i will try that

Do i have to unzip the file, or drag and drop as it is into the watches download folder then install it?

Unzip the .apk file . Drag drop into watch folder ( any ) and tap to install

3 Likes

When i open the file on the watch its saying do you want to install an update to this built in fitness app,so i select continue…then it says install ,so i select yes.then it comes up app not installed…and the existing fitness app hasnt changed and is the same when i checked it…it doesnt count steps,kmh,etc etc

Sounds like it is not going to be possible to use it then.
Sorry about that but as I said, we were not interested in fitness monitoring.
There is only a motion sensor and so step monitoring was never going to be accurate.
Basically, just lifting your arm counts as a step because it is a motion.
With this in mind we didn’t want to waste our time.
We were focused on the watch function, stability and usability.
Especially around properly integrating the Google eco system.

Having said that, have you checked the required permissions for the fitness app?
It would need access to the sensors, for example. Plus many more permissions.
If I have time, I will have a look.

If it does not work out for you, go back to the stock firmware.
If you want this particular functionality.

2 Likes

so based on what you just said google fit should work then?i will download it and try tomorrow

You can try it but whether or not it can access sensor output, I don’t know.
Most people are using the my running app which has its own section here on the forum and apparently can be linked to Google Fit.

Check it out here

More here from recent posts about this

Older but still relevant

The search function here is extremely good :+1:

2 Likes

@Logan1 - I realize this was a long time ago, but curious how things turned out with My Running app and Google Fit?

1 Like

The development of MRA stopped which is a shame as its great and yes it syncs to googlefit

3 Likes

Much thanks @Dr_Andy_Vishnu. Helpful info.

1 Like

Sadly this app will eventually grind to a halt as watches progress. I have noticed already on some newer watches the option of using the watches heart rate monitor within the app doesnt always work

2 Likes

Hello everyone, just a simple question because I am new to the swartwatch world: with android 10 will be bluetooth call possible? I would like to answer my smartphone with my smartwatch like I did with the galaxy watch without the need of a second sim card. I saw that there are only 3 smartwatches with this form factor, and if android 10 allows me to use it like it has bluetooth call functions, I will buy the tiwris. (I loved the Lokmat appllp for the specs and the detatching-button-thing, but I read that software side is the worst smatwatch ever).

First of all: The Galaxy Watch is not a full Android watch and is not supported here. Bluetooth calling only worked up to Android 5.
However, if I understood you correctly, would you like to see who is currently calling you on the watch so that you can then use your smartphone to make a call? This is possible if the SIM card is in the smartphone and the watch and the smartphone are connected to each other via Bluetooth. The app required for this is called Watchdroid. As well as a special dialer on your smartphone.

However, this solution does not work for iPhones.

1 Like

I know, the galaxy had Tizen (reason why I hated it). I don’t need to talk with the smartwatch microphone and speaker, I’m satisfied to just have a “pop up” for incoming calls where I can answer and the possibility to dial telephone numbers on the watch and call on the smartphone, audio can be on buds too, I don’t mind it.
Sorry for my bad English and thanks for your time.
Btw I live in Germany, we have no Google voice yet and a clone of my SIM card will cost 10€ per month, but I have unlimited data on my smartphone and I can have hotspot always on.

These Smart Watch are made to work with a sim card inside and forget your phone. i live in France and use a Max S since 3 years, no more phone… :grinning:

1 Like

Bluetooth call - no

2 Likes