Running apps tested

Hi Guys,

I’ve tested some running apps on my Finow x3 plus.

Nike+ : could install it, run with it but i could not finalize the run, as the stopping button goes below the screen

Runtastic: Play store gives a “non support” msg, therefore you cannot install it. If you sideload it, you’ll get an installing error

Edmondo: There was a login issue, therefore i could not log in

Sports Tracker: Can be installed on your watch, and most of the functions are accessible. => this will be probably the app I will use.
Unfortunately not all features are active (Premium required)

If you have any experience on your own, please share

Meerun works good but i find the screen infos too small when running.

Wanpanman AvatarNov 8, 2016 11:19:39 GMT 1 Wanpanman said:
Hi Guys,

I’ve tested some running apps on my Finow x3 plus.

Nike+ : could install it, run with it but i could not finalize the run, as the stopping button goes below the screen

Runtastic: Play store gives a “non support” msg, therefore you cannot install it. If you sideload it, you’ll get an installing error

Edmondo: There was a login issue, therefore i could not log in

Sports Tracker: Can be installed on your watch, and most of the functions are accessible. => this will be probably the app I will use.
Unfortunately not all features are active (Premium required)

If you have any experience on your own, please share

i use  JogTracker and works great, also tested MeeRun and Momentum and also works well and you can access any settings without needing to change to sqaure look.

Wanpanmen why not Google fit?
Works great.

Nov 8, 2016 16:15:55 GMT 1 calom said:
Wanpanmen why not Google fit? Works great.

can you upload a video to show how did you enter the app? i can't access the account page and further, but still love the s health even though it drains the battery more than it should:\

I Just did it at first time… Don’t remember very well, but I think was need change between round and square screen… I have a kw88… Was easy

Nov 8, 2016 13:19:09 GMT 1 miroul said:
Meerun works good but i find the screen infos too small when running.

I use SyncMyTracks (apk) to synch my runs. Meerun is not on the list :/ . Never tried the app though

Well, I cannot go further than the first screen (terms & conditions)

Some screenshots…

Attachments:

138.png

139.png

Well, I cannot go further than the first screen (terms & conditions)
same, i'm using s health so far best app i've used for activity tracking but i think it has quite an impact on battery life so...ill track it and see.

- update Google fit from playstore - Switch to square mode - remove Google fit from recent apps (if already started) - start Google fit - if the page with terms and conditions is displayed, tap several times under the square area - on the next Screen, the Buttons are visible and Google fit will work

Tested on X3 Plus

Edit: Tested again. You have to tap on the right side under the square area. It may help, if you try to scroll up the page. Tap fast and often ( today I had to tap around 50 times).

Sonia, please try again.

Nov 9, 2016 20:58:56 GMT 1 elyot said:
Sonia, please try again.

yep, tried still not working but do'nt worry i love the s health works great and it is also track sleeping so i'm pleased:)
Nov 9, 2016 14:45:46 GMT 1 elyot said:

- update Google fit from playstore - Switch to square mode - remove Google fit from recent apps (if already started) - start Google fit - if the page with terms and conditions is displayed, tap several times under the square area - on the next Screen, the Buttons are visible and Google fit will work

Tested on X3 Plus

Edit: Tested again. You have to tap on the right side under the square area. It may help, if you try to scroll up the page. Tap fast and often ( today I had to tap around 50 times).

S health records my daily steps from home to work.I set 6000 steps as my daily target.
Nov 15, 2016 10:38:12 GMT 1 smith said:
Nov 9, 2016 14:45:46 GMT 1 elyot said:

S health records my daily steps from home to work.I set 6000 steps as my daily target.

my target is 20000 steps a day:)) but i love that i can track food, sleeping it has an impact on battery life but i do'nt care i prefer it will do as i need it to do. so far it is the best app i found which has everything in it. and for running i use jogtracker.

ummm,track food?how?

Nov 16, 2016 5:41:23 GMT 1 smith said:
ummm,track food?how?

in settings you can add more features to track i've added sleeping and food and btw with food you can add your own and not just what exists on search. not many good apps give you that.  it also sync with other apps.

I use Strava and work just fine

I use runkeeper with no problems on a KW88

I’ve tested Ghostracer and it works great. Ghostracer was developed in a way that allows you to configure multiple data screens to your own liking and also, play with the font size of those data field. You can also add sensors (bluetooth and internal) and i was able to pair it to my Polar H7 chest strap. Finally, you can also export your tracked event (run or swim only) to external training sites such as Strava, Runkeeper and another one i forgot…

So far, it beats what i’ve tried before: Jog tracker, Endomondo and Google Fit.

The only pitfall is that you need to invest a bit of time to configure the display to your own liking but, at least, you can customize it to the way you want it !

Max