LEM T Reviews and FAQs

I have finally got around to rooting my LEMT. It is running the ticwris firmware and I am looking for some recommendations.

What I want is a customise-able watch-face which allows me to link to my apps to the icons rather than the Ticwris one where it links to the (for example) inbuilt browser.

Also any other apps which allows me to customise and remove unwanted apps etc.

Thanks for your help.

Also is there any custom firmware around?

Just got a Ticwris max a couple of days ago. Battery is brilliant. Light use while at work and a bit of game playing and 10 hours from full charge and Iā€™m at 83%. That was tethered and no auto on when you turn your wrist, medium brightness.

Speaker on mine is ok. Just I keep blocking it with my hand.

Iā€™ve gone for Al Rod watchfaces premium (especially as the Genesis will arrive next month I hope). Not too many rectangular faces and not all the complications work. Iā€™ll probably look into fixing that.

I may look at getting a Titanium adapter made so other watch straps can be used. Looks like it should be possible.

Posting this again as I maybe have not made myself as clear as I could have done.

I am just asking before I waste anytime on something that others may already have experience of , or already researched.

I have an LEMT which I have rooted with Ticwris firmware.

I would like an active clock-skin so that I can access my apps directly from the active clock-skin (similar to the widows style of Ticwris face)ā€¦ , but I would like to be able to customise the app button appearances and which apps are accessed by the buttonsā€¦ any ideas?

If I install the Nova launcher will I be able to achieve my aim?

I dont fully understand but if you are asking if someone could make you a clockskin with touch icons to open the apps that you install then yes you can . The design would be down to you and the creator as to how it would look . I made one for myself and made my own icons for a round watch

Yes this is ultimately what I would like to achieveā€¦ however, I was hoping I would be able to configure everything myself rather than asking someone else to do the work for me.

I assume you made your clockskin launcher with some proprietary software, like watchmaker(?) or similar?

The only problem I have with getting someone else to do the work for me, is in the case I need to change the buttons and apps after a while with new apps etc, then I would need to keep going back to the designer every-time I wished to change something. I suppose the only fix for that problem is for me to buy watchmaker and learn to use it myselfā€¦ is it a laborious program to learn to use?

Hi . This was made with Watch Face Designer . Its great to use . I dont mind sharing a .xml file you can load into it so you can see how it is done ?

Yes please :slight_smile:

No probs . Iā€™ll sort in the morning :+1:

Try this although its for a round watch . Ignore the battery inaccuracy . New version of WFD will fix this . I have fixed this manually in clockskin

1 Like

New version of wfd?!?
Coooooool

1 Like

Yes . When it is ready . A lot of work goes into it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the .xml, have you got a link to the latest wfd?

Its not complete yet . Hopefully soon :+1:

OKā€¦ so I loaded the xml file into watchface designer, and I can see the various layers that make up the watchface. I have also watched a couple of vids on youtube on how to use the the WFD.
How do the widgets on the image layer launch the apps in an active clockskinā€¦ where is the coding done for this?

Open this and look at the .xml file

The changes i did manually . But this will not be a problem for ever :wink:

1 Like

Ahaā€¦ (I thought I was missing something fundamental in the WFD and losing the plot!)ā€¦ thanks a million :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to the release of the new WFD now. :+1:

1 Like

No probs . Enjoy :+1:

For anyone trying to root that is already familiar with the programs, doesnā€™t need pictures, or just wants to make sure they understood the existing root guide:

Flash firmware using SP Flash Tool -

• Turn watch off
  • Load scatter and images (system, boot)
  • Click ā€œDownloadā€
  • Connect watch to PC

Turn on the watch and complete setup

Install Magisk Manager
Copy magisk.zip, boot.img, and recovery to sdcard

Flash recovery as boot w/ SP Flash Tool (see above)
Click the boot image slot and select the TWRP image

Boot watch (into recovery)

Install boot and recovery images (in TWRP)
Install magisk.zip (in TWRP)
Reboot watch and complete setup

To update to a newer / different firmware, you can use TWRP
Flash the system.img and boot.img followed by the magisk.zip
This also works if you delete something unintentional.

1 Like

thanks for the detailled reply MiniNuke

1 Like