Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

Just installing v2.5 from OTA, and it even got some description of changes.
Thanks to those making this available, including our master @pablo11 :+1:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it.
I was unable to get any feedback on the heart rate sensor but glad they released the OTA.

Hi, just updated firmware to 2.4b but still have problems with heart rate monitor not reading my hr due to dark skin tone. i submitted a ticket with kospet about a month they told me the update would fix it but unfortunately it does not. my friend which is very light skin the watch reads her hr just fine.

2 Likes

Hi . Did you factory reset after update ? If not this is advised

hi dr andy. yea i did and still no luck, i updated to 2.4b and factory reset after i updated and nothing still.

Hi @Joh158
Thanks for your feedback because this is really important for us.
Have you any experience in flashing devices?
I am asking because one of the developers here has been making a custom kernel (boot) image that specifically tries to fix the problem with the heart rate sensor and dark skin.

If you are interested in trying it then I will put together a package for you that has all you need to try it.

It’s actually a simple process and you need a Windows PC or laptop to use it.

The other thing is going back to the previous version is also easy so you have a way back with no problem.

Let me know if you are interested.

More information here in his thread

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @pablo11 most welcome. My most appreciation to you and the rest of this amazing type of team like rick for UL and the Watch Droid Team… This site has done wonders.

I dont have much experience flashing but i did flash my mi 9pro 5g when it came from china with twrp. Took me a while to get the hang of it since i hadnt done anything with after college since jailbreaking 1st gen thru 4th gen iphones lol…

I also flashed the kospet prime to the 3.4b cause no OTA update was available. But i did run into issues connecting it to computer at first but then found out i was using another cable instead of the one that came with it, so if anyones having issues connecting it to pc, might be a good idea to rule that out.

But def interested in getting that fixed pablo, lmk i can make an intent and update how it goes. Think i can pull it thru if you guys think theres a solution. Im not the best but very tech savvy and like challenging myself when it comes to technology.

Please try this version.
You should get an OTA for it but it you don’t…here it is

2 Likes

We need feedback on the heart rate sensor performance for people with dark skin.
Thanks

Seems Value is lower…around 50 instead of 65.

Doesn’t matter.
We need to know if the heart rate sensor is improved or not for the right people.

Thanks anyway :+1:

there are some bugs that will not be fixed I am disappointed with kospet

Kospet don’t make these…
They are a brand.

What are the bugs that you are talking about?

Are they bugs or improvements that you would like to see?

the other previous version have problems also I can not install an old version it has all problems annoying different. problem store googel . problem for display size account google connection. problem of my battery circle for my personalized dial. problem display number of applications. and now problem display option mutes its custom dial… on my personalized clock face I have mute options for the music player and sound mute call telephone, the mute window is displayed for 1 second. and before 4 seconds. with 1 second I have more time to see if the mute key works
désolé pour ma mauvaise langue anglais

What version of firmware do you use?
I also have to warn you that the metal strap causes problems with the signals of cellular mostly but also WiFi and BT.
This is why you never see metal straps from the companies that are selling the watches

Square screen function is not working for Google apps?

I know the update is for the heart problem with the skin color. other problem is added today

Version 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 are the versions to try.
You have to use firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.

This is a 3+32 version of the Prime?

my watch and the kospet prime (3 + 32). I tested all the versions you have shared!

Other problem?
I am sorry, I don’t mean to be frustrating but I am trying to understand what the issues are.
Especially new ones.
You always use firmware upgrade option?

I use option : download only .
the new problem is on the video that I share with you