FAW Beta Firmware Project

Hi, i know everyone here has jobs and are doiing these firmware-works in there spare-time, but just asking for an update…will there be firmwares coming out in the near future? i love your firmware on my Prime 2 and as my lem14 will be arriving soon, was wondering if the old stable FAW firmwares are still available? thanx anyway and keep up the good work…

It’s a work in progress.
We won’t be releasing anything unless it is solid enough for regular use and the solution provider is happy with it as well.

There is no ETA
It will just take as long as it takes.

One thing I can say for sure though, we would have been a lot further along if it wasn’t for the chaos in the original threads. That was mind boggling :flushed:

4 Likes

I sent a request email to gain access to the beta files, but I didn’t receive a response. I have 3 watches on the beta version, Prime 2, LEM 14, and LEM 12, I’d like to update them with the latest. thank you, Jack

@jackt check your messages. Sorry for the delay

I have been following the forum since my beloved lemt, now I have bought a lem12 pro, I would love to try the Faw firmware. Thanks for the great work you do

Read this too!

1 Like

sent, I ask you to do what you can, I press F5 every 5 seconds! :slight_smile:
I am convinced that I can be part of the enthusiastic users, thank you!

Sorry, but you’ll have to wait a little bit longer. Your membership status is “Basic”. To participate in the beta program, you need the next higher membership level.

1 Like

Thanks G.
I am getting lots of emails to join but almost all are from very new users :disappointed:

honestly, the requirements are a bit wrong, it seems a bit of a dictatorship like in Italy with the green pass for the virus :frowning:
Should I create 30 threads? Isn’t that a bit trivial?
It would count in my opinion, people excited to try the firmware, and people ready to help the test.
For me this is a bad wait … :frowning:
if you like this post, at least put a like so I overcome an obstacle! :slight_smile:

I am very ready to contribute and do my best! I sent the email, accept my good faith! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is good reasons behind this decision . We were flooded with inexperienced users which did more damage than good to this project. In the end this had to be suspended . Thanks

6 Likes

an assumption of responsibility would be more recommended, also for possible damages, bricks etc.
Who writes rudely, BAN!
Certainly not having to wait for me that I have to create 30 threads to be part of it!
I have been in the world of flash for years, I absolutely do not want to create controversy (being ‘new’), but I do not understand the criterion very much.
Do I have to force myself to create threads?
Now I don’t know how far I’ve come, I also miss a like! :slight_smile:

Please stop discussing this. The rules are as we made them. and we had good reasons for this, as @Dr_Andy_Vishnu already told you. End of discussion.

6 Likes

… and about your idea of simply posting 30 posts quickly: Don’t do it. There is no automatism, in the end the beta testers are selected manually. So your behavior is just as important.

6 Likes

There will be no exceptions to the basic requirements.
I am getting swamped by impatient members who are brand new and expect to be able to do this.
People need to understand, this is a project that we were very lucky to be given by the owners of the code in China.
Before anyone starts - no, it is NOT open source.!
The last attempt at this clearly showed us what happens when we throw open the doors to everyone.
Chaos.!!
The people who we work with in China were not impressed.
If we continue to get this kind of attitude then we will drop it altogether.

7 Likes

Gimme that Firmware NOW!!!?

10 Likes

Haha . Brilliant :rofl:

I didn’t know they caught me on tape

2 Likes

Ha ha ha :grin::grin:

Just an FYI,
I have removed members from the testing group that have not provided any feedback or were not sure what it was about.

The thing is that we rely on regular feedback, otherwise we can’t move on…

Cheers
Pablo11