FAW Beta Firmware Project

To All.

1.2 is no longer available and cannot be used any more.
Same for v1.0.
These builds are now redundant.
I will be opening a new thread as soon as possible.
But it will be for testing only, until a stable release is reached.

We are still deciding if we make the beta program “invite only” after the last one turned into a shit fight.

V1.3beta4 is close to stable release and I suspect that will be the starting point.

One thing is for sure, if feedback is not appropriate then it will be either deleted or thrown in to a “general” chat.

PS - to all the people who have messaged me privately for firmware versions - it’s not happening. So please stop.

6 Likes

Hello,

Are you still working on the firmware (International Firmware Beta 1.3 / 1.4) or has the project been shut down?

Regards skysat

they’re still working on it, and it should be available again soon under a new testing structure

1 Like

Ok people.

If you are genuinely interested in Beta Testing please send an email to rascmoderators@gmail.com to express your interest.

Please be clear that this is not a public Beta.
When you are accepted and given the opportunity to participate, you will be able access the project.

If you are expecting to be able to use the testing firmware as a daily firmware, this is not for you.!!

This is a serious attempt to achieve a new, stable firmware which will be released separately to this project…

Previous versions are not available!!

You need to have at least “member” status to join the program. This is level 2 forum membership. Some exceptions to this may be possible on a case by case basis.

To be eligible for the program you should be familiar with the processes of flashing and updating without the need to ask questions.

It is a sad day for us to have to make these restrictions, but we learnt a lot from the last experience.

There are rules in place when you access the Beta Testing thread so please read them.

People who drift away from the guidelines will be removed from the program.

We look forward to a successful project this time.

Cheers

FAW Staff Team.

7 Likes

Please take note of this to avoid disappointment.
I have already had to disappoint one person who is a level 1 user but maybe did not read or understand :frowning:
In future I will ignore such requests unless there is a VERY good reason.
Please do not ask questions via email - you can ask here if needed.

Hello Pablo11,

It’s not a sad day. This is normal and is handled this way in almost all forums to code and provide the firmware. I think it’s very good that you do it that way! So there is no stress.
I wish you much success. I will also apply as a tester. But I can’t submit reports every day because I’m currently very busy at work.

Kind regards, skysat

1 Like

There is no need to report every day.
It is just important to report problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi pablo11,

I wrote you an email again. Google Translator made a translation error. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I believe we all understand the importance of a completely stable version and are patient for its full release. I know I appreciate what you are doing as even using unstable v1.2 is better then stanard Kospet.

It’s sorted now :grin:

It’s surprising just how few people have responded to beta testing.
But hopefully we will get enough people on board to help.

1 Like

Because there are few people with level 2. For example, I would take part, but I don’t even try to ask, since the level does not allow.

1 Like

:joy: You are level 2 :grinning:

It’s very easy to check.
Anything below “member” is below level 2.

Whereas this is not level 2 “member”

Here’s how! I’m sorry. I did not understand this issue well. :woozy_face:

p/s: Google translation of course does not translate very correctly …

Yes I understand…
Well, I’m apologising if it was not understood.
I hope this helps people

2 Likes

How do you become level 2 member?

1 Like

not sure whether the moderators has adjusted the requirements, but these are the defaults:

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

source: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels | Blog

11 Likes

I gave you a like. 1st step done… :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks mate.:+1: