Difficulties upgrading

Thank you, I’m now at version 1.0 now can I go to 1.2 or do I need to go to 1.1 then 1.2. I’ve tried 1.2 but got the dead robot.

what option i have to choose for downgrading from the drop down of SP Tool
There are three option here
Can i directly flash 1.4 from 1.3 B3
or
i have to flash 1.0 first than flash 1.4

what option do i have to choose from the drop down for downgrading the FAW

Just flash it using firmware upgrade mode.

If you have read up on the process you will find out.
Anyway, if you use download only you should factory reset.
Use firmware upgrade option means that you don’t need to factory reset.

Just NEVER use format all + download or you will lose imei and Mac addresses etc…

2 Likes

What would cause version 1.1 or 1.2 not to install?

for example if you’re unzipping the downloaded zipfile and then in the local update menu selecting the compatibility.zip inside it will cause it to fail.

Or it could fail if the version of 1.0 you have installed is an old version that supports local update, but that expects the update to be signed with the old key instead of the new one (I don’t remember if such a version exists though)(but if you installed it with a newly downloaded zip, that should not be the problem)

Could it be that versions 1.1 and 1.2 have older security certificates compared to version 1.0? The version 1.0 I have installed was just downloaded from this site

Personally i think you are not following the instructions correctly .

Flash the stock firmware using flash tools and selecting firmware upgrade on a pc .

Install V1.0 using the local update method ( no pc )

Then install the latest version using local update method ( no pc )

Thanks

2 Likes

it’s unlikely, but you could test it by going back to 1.4 and then try to update directly to 1.2

something is up on my end, i can’t install past version 1.0 i try to then i get the dead android. i saw somewhere here there is a factory reset that uses the flash program. what does that consist of. when all of this started i just put on 1.3 b3 didn’t like it so i redid it.

tried it but i got the dead android. i can’t get past version 1.0

Go to the prime 2 thread and download v1.2 and update from v1.0.

good morning, well i tried the 1.2 from the thread you recommended still got the dead robot. ???

Question: what would it take to wipe everything and start over

Factory reset your watch . Flash stock firmware with pc then use local update method to install v1.0 .

1 Like

using the firmware upgrade option when you flash 1.4 will do that. Have you tried to factory reset after installing 1.0?

1 Like

@chris_johnson, maybe you’ve seen it already, but the problem has been found:

If you don’t want to wait for the new 1.2, it should also work to update to 1.2 if you use the version of 1.0 from the prime 2 specific thread since it is a little bit older:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wcb7zFCCx2UarSHCf9uJdKAqs0Tqv6xF/view?usp=sharing

Thanks @noidremained
You are correct.
It will work with the older version of v1.0.
Just need to factory reset after updating to v1.0 - before using v1.2.

Cheers

I finally got to v1.2. Took a little bit. I went to 1.4, flashed factory reset then local updated to version full xy do9 tft lflt ota mp1v91961, flashed factory reset, then finally local update version 1.2 . it worked. needless to say i’ll wait for the drivable 1.3 thanks guys

1 Like

The good news with my Kospet Prime 2, I can charge it now, turn the phone ON after few days of setting it aside, I tried the watch turning on today and it did start up. I updated the watch via wireless update using the beta3 version. I’m looking for the latest update wherein I can double-tap the screen of the watch to wake, Can I get the specific file here? Thanks and more power!