Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

IKR, I won’t modify these settings, but in case of anything goes wrong, do you have the firmware for the LEM16?

Yes I have it.
I will upload it soon.

1 Like

Hi, received my Lem 16 after owning the Lem 15. Charged it, booted up, checked verson had v1.2, downloaded and installed v1.3, did factory reset. Booted up, got to Google Play Protect, selected open, horizontal multicoloured lines flashed over Play Store icon, black screen, now won’t start. Nothing from charger, nothing when plugged into PC, it’s died. Is there a hard reset for this watch?

Please try press and hold the back button.

Thank you, tried power for 30 secs, power and back button 30 secs, back button 30 secs, still nothing.

If it’s a software issue, flashing the firmware should help. But maybe @pablo11 has a better idea.
I’m a bit worried though, as the error you describe could also be a hardware issue.

Thanks, I thought the flashing lines might be bad, if I can get it to be recognised by the PC i’ll try the firmware.

If you can’t reboot by holding the power button in for a minute and you can’t connect to a pc - then you have no option but to return the watch to the seller.

You can’t flash firmware when the watch cannot be recognised by your PC.

It sounds like the watch had a fault prior to the OTA installation.

Can you charge the watch at all?

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, it won’t charge or boot after a minute holding power button so I’ll send it for replacement. I purchased it through the forum link.

1 Like

If I get a replacement would a factory reset be advised before updating?

You can do that, but it is not necessary. At least it has nothing to do with the problem.

2 Likes

Yes @G1NT0N1C is right about that.
But, if you do take an OTA update it is always better to make a factory reset after updating.

Just so you know, if you get a new one as an exchange, it should be running the v1.3 firmware, which is the latest version.

4 Likes

Firmware for both models added to the first post.
Cheers

8 Likes

Just noticed a wifi bug (LEM16, FW version 1.3). If you move out of range of a hotspot, then move back in range, the watch thinks you’re still connected, but the hotspot doesn’t actually have a connection. I tested this using Windows hotspot. I’ll put this in the spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Perhaps a veriant of this. I have very frequently had problems when getting out and back in the range.

4 Likes

I personally found that switching to random Mac address helped me with this issue.
It seems far worse when you have a multiple mesh Wi-Fi setup.
Anyway, I have noticed an improvement since changing to random MAC address.
Most modern routers have MAC spoof protection in place.

Normally I use the device physical MAC address but not this time.

Also worth checking auto connect and other Wi-Fi settings for consistency. Since switching to random MAC address, I can’t reproduce the problem.

2 Likes

I have a WiFi mesh system ( Tenda Nova ) and no problem to connect or re-connect with the physical Mac adress of my Lemfo Lem 16.

1 Like

As I said before, a lot depends on the settings for every home Wi-Fi setup :+1:

Uh… I’ve tried the Face Unlock. I set a pattern and register my face. NICE ! It works fine, immediate…

Then I’ve tried to disable it. Insert again the pattern, delete my face.

BUT NOW… Every time I turn on the watch, it asks the pattern. And I can’t find a way to remove the screen block.

EDIT Found it, in Optimization app…

3 Likes

@Paulo_Martins you need to ask your questions in the correct place.
Takes a few times to get used to navigating the site, but you will soon get used to it. :+1:

3 Likes