Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Will there be an OTA update for us with the LD_Z40 v1.1 firmware to v1.3?Im assuming my watch came straight from LD instead of going to another company to be branded. Thanks in advance

If it is unbranded and there is no OTA, it could be that you need to flash the update manually.
This is the first unbranded Z40 that we have seen I think…
I will ask for you.

4 Likes

Awesome! :grin: Thank you so much. I was wondering about that but didnt know if it would be the lemfo or lokmat firmware seeing how you had mentioned there are two different types of Z40. Thanks again I look forward to hearing what they say

1 Like

Unbranded version added to the original post.

Please don’t assume that it will work for branded versions… It has not been tested.
@jchx99 there is enough information on this forum to ensure that you can flash this.
But, you do this at your own risk.
Cheers

4 Likes

Wow that was fast! I really appreciate it. It’s a little late where I am so I will do the update tomorrow, I’ll let you know how it goes. I have a question for you, should I try to use the local update feature in the OTA, or the flash tool you have provided above? Thanks

Neither the one nor the other. If you unpack the file with 7ZIP, you will find a special flash tool (SPD Flashtool) and instructions on how it works. The process differs from the procedure for MTK chips.

2 Likes

I went ahead and opened the firmware zip but there are only two files, the fw and a txt doc…? Although when I downloaded the flash tool provided above and open it, there is an “spd flash tool” and instructions, isn’t this the correct one?

Yes, it is the right tool. :+1:

1 Like

I wanted to post my experience for anybody else attempting to remove the GAOfit /wiiwatch app from their LEM16/Z40…

I noticed that even when “removing” the com.wiite.DeviceDaemon app from watch, nothing appears to change. The Assistant app is still there, and when opened it will still display instructions to connect to gaofit. (Same thing when you click the bluetooth icon in the dropdown quicksettings menu.) Another big problem is once com.wiite.DeviceDaemon is removed, your wrist turn to wake feature will no longer be working the next time you turn off/restart the watch. This for me was unacceptable since I use the feature faithfully.

I found that leaving the com.wiite.DeviceDaemon in place, and instead removing com.wiite.wearuart worked like a charm. This is the actual Assistant app. Wrist turn to wake feature (and all others) still work perfectly and you will no longer see the Assistant in the app drawer (or when you click the icon in dropdown menu), effectively removing the possibility of connecting to gaofit app.

On another note, I noticed there were two hidden apps (supposedly live wallpapers?) called com.idddx.lwp.blazingwithcolors and com.jonasl.GLES20MatrixCubes3.livewallpaper …I managed to open one of them…the entire thing was in Chinese, and I could not understand why it was even there. If you go to the battery optimization settings and click All Apps you can see them listed. I went ahead and removed both and haven’t had any issues. I wonder why these were even on the watch to begin with…

Hope this helps…

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, it is
DeviceDaemon app is responsible for the Apple Bluetooth connection. The security issue affected Apple devices, so removing this app from data partition will solve this issue.
I personally use the “watchdroid” app, so I also removed “wearuart”. If only this app is removed, the security problem with Apple devices is NOT solved.
Since I don’t use “lift to wake”, I didn’t realize that this function was affected. However, another user reported it.

3 Likes

Also, just want to remind everyone that if you make a factory reset or flash a firmware update - you have to follow the same process to remove these items again.
So it is not permanent.
But once you have scripted it, the process is repeatable very quickly.:+1:

Just about the com.idddx.lwp.blazingwithcolors and com.jonasl.GLES20MatrixCubes3.livewallpaper
These are third party apps that enable the animated faces which are included in the branded models.

They are included in all Z40 firmware by default and it is pointless to remove them in my opinion.

4 Likes

I figured that may be the case, but I have an unbranded Z40 which doesn’t include the animated faces so they served no purpose for me, and changed nothing when removed. Not to mention how shady the one app looked when I opened it. Didnt want them randomly connecting to a server somewhere in china or something :rofl: So i went ahead and removed them, if nothing else just to de-clutter the app list ensuring I never have to see them. Just figured I’d put it out there in case anyone else has an unbranded ld z40.

LMAO :joy::joy: They are freely available or play store apps I believe - so I would be surprised if they were dialling home to China…
But then again, you just can’t be too careful these days :wink:

Having said that, if they are “paid” apps - I will need to talk to the brands about it.

3 Likes

hi there ,how do you change from kilometres to mph on the lemfo lem 16,anyone know thanks

Hello,

I got a Lemfo LEM16 a few days ago, and I am wondering if there is a way to replace the included recent app list sometimes called the overview with something more like the one in stock Android. Will installing another launcher such as Universal Launcher or even something like Pixel Launcher replace the recent apps list as well?

I would like to replace the recent apps list because I have been having some problems with it. First, it only displays the most recent app, and I cannot figure out how to display the others except by closing the one that appears first. I use TalkBack because I am blind so it is likely an accessibility issue with the custom watch software, but I have tried scrolling all four directions and that just closes the recent apps list.

Also, when I close an app from this list, the effect is much more drastic than closing an app on regular Android, even after I have completely turned off Clean Task in Optimization. For example, closing an app from here always turns off its accessibility service. So when I open the Talkback settings from the Talkback menu, Android Accessibility Suite shows up in the recent apps list even after I open another app, and when I close it it turns off Talkback, and the only way I can turn it back on is to use ADB. I tried using Google Assistant, but although it says it is turning on Talkback, it doesn’t work. Once Android Accessibility Suite has been closed from here, rebooting the watch does not turn Talkback back on either, although fortunately Talkback turns on after a reboot otherwise.

These problems also make it very hard to use Button Mapper because it uses an accessibility service, since when I close Button Mapper from the recent apps list after I’m done setting up mappings, the accessibility service gets turned off and my mappings stop working. Also, when I open the accessibility settings menu without opening Button Mapper, by asking Google Assistant for example, and turn it back on manually, it doesn’t start working again for some reason until I open Button Mapper again. If I leave Button Mapper in the recents list, it still doesn’t seem to persist across reboots and since I can’t view more than one app in the list, I can’t tell when there are apps in the background because there could be apps behind Button Mapper. If the recent apps list cannot be replaced, is there another workarround for using Button Mapper?

This might be an unrelated problem but I am also having an issue with Google Clock. I installed it so I can trigger a Google Assistant routine after stopping an alarm, but my alarm that I set did not go off today and I did close Clock from the recent apps list.

Installing another Launcher should not solve the issue as this recent app list is embeded in the system. It doesn’t seem that we can access this list in our launcher code.

5 Likes

Yes I agree.
I’ll have to look into this.
When I get time :+1::+1::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Thank you for your responses. I looked at a few lists of custom app switchers and multitasking apps on Google Play but none of them seem good for what I’m looking for. However, I have an idea if there is no other way. I found a Magisk module on XDA that allows you to change which launcher provides Quickstep or the recent app list. It seems that stock launchers have access to APIs that enable them to provide the Quickstep interface that other launchers can’t access. Therefore, Universal launcher will not work because it was not written to make use of these APIs, but maybe I could install the Google stock launcher for Android 11 and use this Magisk module to switch the recents list provider to that. I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the watch launcher since clockskins don’t seem accessible anyway, although maybe I could use Universal Launcher as my home screen if it is accessible and the Google stock launcher for my Quickstep. I do not have any experience rooting Android devices, but I did install Magisk on the Lineage OS distribution I installed on my Raspberry pi a few years ago and it just involved modifying the initramfs which was not too dificult. I know the process is more involved on an actual Android device since I would have to modify the firmware and reflash it instead of just replacing the initramfs on a filesystem, but the firmware flashing process doesn’t seem very hard to figure out although the modification may be more dificult.

If there is not a better way to get a more usable recents list then I plan to try this. For sighted users, is the normal process to view other apps than the one top to scroll or am I missing something?

I doesnt understand very well what you want to do, you say you are blind so i suppose you need to use your watch with your voice : Google assistant does that very well on my Lem 16 and i also use FNR ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pelix.notify ) who can vocalise any app of your choice.
Be very carefull if you try to root or flash firmware on this watch even with Magisk because you can easely brick your watch. Have a nice day.

I have to agree about magisk.
Every image is signed and also contained in a pac file. Totally different from MTK devices where you can deal with individual images.
The images are all wrapped up in the pac file on unisoc devices, so flashing individual images is a bit more complicated on these.

The risk of bricking your unisoc watch is much higher.
@emassey0135 please be very careful.