Windows app to automate adding touch icons to a clockface

Hi All

I’m really enjoying my LEM14 and now want to find a way to manage & automate adding multiple touch icons to one or more existing clockfaces.

I code in C# (.Net) so I’m going have a go at putting together a small Windows app.

I’m still learning the basics of the ClockSkin Format so I might make a few wrong assumptions along the way and ask for clarification.

The app will be free to use and - if I don’t use any commercial libraries - I’ll open source it.

I’ll use this thread to show my progress.

2 Likes

That’s good to have a new devlopper around. Please clarify, what do you want to do that WFD is not already doing about touch layers ?

1 Like

I didn’t install WFD as it needed Java. I’ll take a look now…

Does WFD work with clock_skin.xml?

Here’s an example of what I’m trying to automate … (don’t want to edit the clock_skin.xml manually)

*Al Rod clockface that I was playing around with

2 Likes

Why not using the WFD beta? It works fine for tap actions. We have add it to the WFD thread.
And yes, you can import existing watchfaces also.

1 Like

Is there an example of where/how to add tap actions in WFD?

You’ll need the v0.14.2 beta:
-Watchface Designer

2 Likes

Ok so my idea is to have named templates that are pre-configured with multiple touch spots (icons, package details, etc) and can be automatically applied to any existing clockface

This is possible using the version @G1NT0N1C posted above .

From what I see, I am only able to configure one touch spot at a time.

So lets say I have already configured 12 touch spots in clockface A… How do I apply the same 12 touchspots to clockface B?

*So essentially I want to easily apply “complex touchspot configurations” to multiple clockfaces without redoing previous steps

You could make a completed clockskin . Then go within the clockskin and open the .xml file . You could then copy and paste the array 100 sections only . I do this all the time
Thanks

1 Like

I also want to quickly reorder items or swap items using drag drop.

I’ll add everything in one section in the clock_skin.xml (between comments) so it can easily be removed or replaced.

1 Like

Wfd is an amazing app, but too difficult to use for me…

There is a tutorial video . Have you watched it

2 Likes

No, now i search It.

Thanks

1 Like

Here’s a progress update…

2 Likes

Cool… keep it up …

Busy implementing various graphics effects…

image image image image

5 Likes

Looks great … great job …

Looking farward for the final result