WhatsApp Companion Mode

Good morning, I was trying to use the same WhatsApp both on my Smartphone and on my Smartwatch, and it turns out that I was able to link the same account on several devices.
For a couple of weeks I have been using the same WhatsApp on 3 devices at the same time, on the Smartphone and on the Lemfo Lem 14 and 15 Smartwatch.
I had to modify the DPI only for a moment, and then I went back to the default DPI.
I think WhatsApp released the Companion mode version, which allows you to link up to 4 devices at the same time , regardless of whether you have no internet on the Smartphone.
This is super comfortable for me since when I go for a walk I leave my Smartphone at home and I only go out with a Smartwatch, and I get the same messages, and I have the same history.
I live in a very insecure country :sob:, that’s why I go out without my Smartphone.
I also have WhatsApp Business installed which I use with the SIM of each device.
Has anyone else tried WhatsApp Companion mode?

PD: The trick is to modify the DPI so that WhatsApp does NOT detect the Smartwatch as a device with a Sim, and once linked, the DPI must be reset to its original value. Be careful if you are going to try it.

4 Likes

Interesting news, I’ll try it soon. What DPI did you temporarily change to?

1 Like

I had to set the DPI to 85.

2 Likes

My sympathies. It must be terrible to feel so insecure that you can’t carry your smartphone with you when you leave your home. Have you considered using underwear with phone pockets. Very discrete!
N

This is a great find . I will try it . Thanks

2 Likes

It’s not that we can’t carry our phones but it’s better to use them inside buildings, not in public. Cellphone robbery is pretty common in big cities here in Latin America, sadly.

5 Likes

Latin America is not unique; every country has phone thieves,so If you can’ t use the phone publicly it is better to conceal it and use Bluetooth.
Best Wishes
N

2 Likes

What DPI means??
I’m from Argentina

Dots per inch

2 Likes

So… He modifies the DPI on his smartwatch, install WhatsApp and then he put his phone number to registrate and done? Can he use WhatsApp on both devices for the same phone number?

1 Like

Thats what he is claiming yes . I havent had chance to try this .

The smallest DPI allowed in my LEMFO LEMP is 320.
The greatest, 533.
85 is impossible…

Dear, if it is possible to put the DPI at 85, in the Lemfo Lem 14 and 15. So in this way WhatsApp cannot identify the Andorid Smartwatch, for which a QR code appears, I scan it with my Smartphone. I do not put any phone number in my Lemfo WhatsApp. I already tried it and it works great.

Unfortunately I can’t test it on a Lemp.

Regards

3 Likes

Claudio I am also Argentine. Therefore, the World Champions can use the DPI we want!! :joy::joy:. He left a video to show how I go about changing the DPI to 85 and then resetting it. Sorry everyone, but I don’t speak English so the videos are a bit weird, :woozy_face:.

PD: I have only one Smartphone to film, that’s why I had to make 3 videos.

2 Likes

Thanks Miguel for your answers, didn’t know you make the input commands via command line, which program do you use to do it? I was thinking you did it from the programmer menu from the watch, like any phone with Android 9, on the “smallest width” option… From that menu was that I got 320 DPI, but I didn’t tried your way yet.

1 Like

I use Android Debug Bridge (ABD). You can download it from the Andorid Developers page.
Android Debug Bridge (adb)  |  Desarrolladores de Android  |  Android Developers.
You have to enable the developer option on the Smartwatch and then Usb Debugging.
Then from the Windows console you connect to the Smartwatch.
There are many tutorials on the internet about it.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s the one I use to manage my Moto phone on the past sometimes, I know it…
Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

I can confirm that it’s working fine. You can use “Minimal ADB and fastboot” to change the DPI, too.
Thank you for sharing. :handshake:

2 Likes

Really easy.

3 Likes

This method does not work on all WhatsApp. Sometimes it only works in the Beta version. Before I changed the DPI, I tried the method in your video, but it didn’t work, so I changed the DPI. Regards

3 Likes