What are your top Daily to Useful apps?

Nice! I play the sarod, a stringed Indian classical instrument. Still learning, it has been 6-7 years now. Couple months ago I started learning to play the digital keyboard too, tho I haven’t got much far from there :joy:

NO FRETS ON THE NECK! That’s not easy!

Well, every instrument is unique and each is equally difficult to play and master. Playing the trumpet is no paltry feat too! But yes, being fretless does make it a bit trying.

1 Like

Guys, I want to share a very useful app, at least for me… I have searched a lot to find an app like this. It’s called Music folder player free. I’m sure you guessed right. You can playback a whole music folder, which includes songs from various albums/artists.

4 Likes

Hello guys, i want to add another usefull app for our smartwatches! It’s called ‘Back Button Anywhere’, it’s free and you can find it on GooglePlay. It’s a button on your screen that you can program it to do various actions. And all of these without rooting (althought i don’t know if FAW has rooted my watch). I have programmed it to take me to the home screen with a single tap, to switch off the screen with a prolonged tap and to appear the power button menu with two taps. So, i use my power button only for turning on my watch :grinning:

There are other types of these apps . If you have looked around this forum some users have had serious problems with this type of app

https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/kospet-prime-s-teething-trouble/63160/43?u=dr_andy_vishnu

I use the app for about a week and i had no problems except that the power button doesn’t always work after booting the watch. But it always works when i want to turn on the watch. Maybe the app interfears with the physical button function? Except from that problem and a few advertisements when i’m in the app, i didn’t deal with other problems.

EDIT: I mean that the permissions you give to the app interfear with the physical button, like the permission to turn off the screen.

These applications do not work well in watches with A9.1 and A10 but in A7.1 and 5.1 they work well I don’t know why, I have a lemfo lem4 pro and the floating button works very well.

That was my point :+1:

I share with you my experience with the app. I have an Optimus 2 and it works like charm! Whoever wants to “save” his power and back button, this app is ideal for him. At least, you can give it a try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are there annoying ads all the time?

There aren’t any ads at all when you use the button… Only if you go to the app to customize the button.

Great list ! Wish I could watch Netflix on my Kospet Optimus 2 but it it’s one of the few apps that crash on my watch. I too plan on having it read pdf books to me since I have a ginormous collection of them that I need to start absorbing.I am going to try the @Voice Aloud Reader app for that apparently from your list I see I’ll prolly need to add Google text to speech… . Getting a new set of bone conduction headphones for it. I just added a new fine point active stylus and it works like a charm on every touch screen. but on the watch it handles all the hard to reach places. I also use a pocket size mini BT4.2 keyboard for typing docs on it and just got 2 tws mini Altec Lancing h2O 3 speakers I can hook to my purse strap and tried them on my Optimus. If I use the Bass Booster app with them they are completely distortion-less, sound like you’reat a live concert and can supply a party with 6+ hours of max volume tunes from my watch :blush: I will try out your HeartOnTop app in your list for fitness apps and if anyone knows how I can get Netflix on my Optimus2 to to work please do tell. Netflix point to a security issue

1 Like

Netflix works on the upcoming FAW firmware :+1: . I have tested it . Wont be long now

1 Like

Thanks Dr Andy, I don’t mean to be dense but I’m a bit unclear on what the Full Android Watch new firmware is. ?? Are you talking about an ota of Android 11 ? I have been wondering if this watch will be capable of full new android system updates. Firmware did update to 1.7 before I did my new watch must factory reset routine. Despite my software glitch frustrations you hear me inquiring about here, I do love having this watch. For me the hardware is excellent. So until Kospet comes out with a watch that has . another triple GPS, …8 core processor,… 6 gb of ram,…128 gb rom, HD Flash camera, BP capability,… and USA 5G connectivity this pup is going to be my “go to device” synced to my phone and tablet. And I suppose I’ll battle with work-arounds until I self educate on all of it. Would love the new FAW firmware to make it easier. Note I did download the watchface designer soft ware for windows pc by adding Java and the app for my tablet and phone. not sure if I need it in my watch for transfer receiving ??. The Netflix app does come in handy on a decent. watch screen if you are somewhere stuck in a waiting room.

Hi . The FAW firmware is a firmware that has been developed by @pablo11 and @none on this forum . It will need installing to your watch . It works brilliantly and really improves the usuability of your watch . Works in harmony with all google apps / syncing . Netflix works just fine . A10 . As for watch face designer . To transfer to watch the clockskins you need the clockskin transfer app on pc and watch . Personally i’m not a fan of this method as i do most of my transfering with a pc

1 Like

Thanks got it …I might need guidance on flashing … I usually avoid stuff like rooting but in this case I do want Netflix and Google calendar on it. The only other app I’m sadly having to do with out on it is PayPal here credit card processing app. I own a little shop that have square and PayPal Here Bluetooth contactless processors linked to their apps on my phone . Since the Opt2 does have good GPS capabilities And a strong 4G signal everywhere I want to switch my money earning process to it but the PayPal Here app log in screen wont switch to square screen to let me click to proceed, had to delete it… Maybe the FAW firmware will help that too

1 Like

Just to prepare people.
When I make the FAW International firmware public you will need to be on stock firmware if you want to use it.
The update package is a zip file which needs to be copied to the watch local storage.
After that you open the watch settings app and select “About Watch” then “Wireless Update”
Change to square mode and click on the 3 dot menu on the top right of the screen.
Select local update and select the zip file you transferred to the watch storage.
Select the zip file.
Click OK and let it perform the update.
Give it ten minutes to complete the update, regardless of whether you think it is ready.
Ensure that your watch is fully charged before you do this.
Once complete - make a full factory reset.

That’s it.

So, when I open the thread later - you will see these same instructions regardless of which model you are updating.

I hope this helps you to understand the process.
Cheers

5 Likes

Thanks @Dr_Andy_Vishnu
The only thing I have to say is that you will not need flashing tools unless you are not currently using stock firmware.

1 Like

I have had no problems using PayPal in the International firmware.
Should be ok :+1:

1 Like