Water damaged LEM 14

Hello. Thanks for caring about this topic. I don’t think the problem you mentioned was the problem my watch is facing. First of all, I didn’t install any watch face or launcher or whatever on my watch. I actually used it for about 30 minutes. The second problem is the water that is trapped behind the camera lenses which will show up, after trying to charge the watch. And the third is reason, my watch does not turn on at all. I charged the device for about two hours and pressed the power button for thirty seconds and even pressed both buttons for a long time but it didn’t turn on. I don’t know what to do right now. I’m actually a kind sad that I paid that much money and used the watch for only 30 minutes and trusted the false specs and now all I have is a broken watch and nothing else. I’m stilling looking up to a time when the company actually answers me!

well, at least you’ve learned.
these watches are cheap toys that may or may not work as advertised.
if they don’t work, consumer protection is non existent. the guy you bought it from may or may not get you a refund. he probably won’t.
next time you may want to go for Samsung or Apple

2 Likes

Thats not entirely true . If you look at some of the recent posts regarding returns to Kospet for example . Kospet customer care has been outstanding .

4 Likes

nah, not customer care mate.
consumer protection is when a company by law must do this and that for you in case x or y happens with stuff you buy from them.
consumer protection laws are very good where I live, but they unfortunately don’t apply to stuff I order from China :slight_smile:

cheers

If these are toys, they are pretty expensive toys, Although I believe every product should have customer services even if you get it by free.
This is really unfortunate that the Chinese products are lacking in the customer services these days. Well I saw the video of a youtuber dunking this watch under the water! If I didn’t see that video, I wouldn’t ever let this watch touch the water.

I’ve always purchased my many watches from China with an open mind. #1 I don’t trust everything the post in their listings. #2 I consider it sold as is with no warranty so If I couldn’t really afford to waste the money I wouldn’t buy it. # 3 I do a lot of research on them before buying and over all have had a positive experience. I find them extremely useful for what they are a good watch with a lot of features, I expect no more than that from them.

3 Likes

@fuuz Oh, it is always a great joy when you leave your thron after many months of absence to share your thoughts with us. I find it interesting that you are still hanging around here - even though you swore over a year ago to turn your back on the full android watches. Anyway, welcome back, please have a look around. But please try not to break anything and not to annoy anyone too much. :+1:

1 Like

thanks man.
you’re right, but I’m still looking (and have been ever since) for that one cool full android watch if there is ever gonna be one that gets made during my life time. doesn’t seem to be very promising at the moment though, but still worth taking a look every now and then, ay?

have a good one

I understand what fuuz is talking about.
Got my Oukitel z32 (100% similar to LEMFO LEM12) which is “IP67 certified” last July.
First of all, it requires quite a lot of tinkering to make it work OK. At least, side load Google Play Store. Then it took a couple of months to adjust it in a way that I’m not missing any WhatsApp calls. And it works only with all the battery saving tricks totally off. Making it an exception for Background cleaner and stuff was not reliable. Then moths later I’ve figured out that Wi-Fi goes to sleep with the screen by default. So you miss all the WhatsApp calls while on Wi-Fi.
What still does not work reliably (and I tried hard) is Bluetooth headphones that are kind of necessary. The mic connection gets lost after a phone call. You hear through the headphones but the mic doesn’t work. Only full reboot helps. So basically you have to reboot after every call.
I’ve experiences several hardware issues too. The power button got let reliable a couple of months in. It is somewhat stranglely angled, not perpendicular to the watch body. The charging cable is already broken even though I used it only at home carefully (looks OK and clean but does not charge). The battery capacity is down to 450mAh. And well - the generous external battery included is actually a must, it is a crutch to get this thing through a full day of light use. And the black paint chips out slowly.
This device has never enjoyed a software update. I was hoping for it to resolve the bad Bluetooth connectivity issue but it didn’t come. And yes, the heart rate sensor is kind of fake, shows pretty random values no matter what I do.

But I’m happy overall. I knew it is an interesting toy and I wanted to buy it as a toy. Bought shortly after watching a video from Mr. Ticks. I’ve never expected any Customer support here and happy that it even got delivered after 1 month of waiting. And again I’m happy with it as a toy. And I satisfied that I bough it. Very interesting stuff, very interesting forum. Like a hobby. But next time I will buy something really IP67 waterproof, with apps designed for round screen (if this next thing has a round screen), with decent battery life, no quality issues and Customer support.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Stepan

2 Likes

Thats why we dont support Oukitel watches . As you have experienced there is zero support . Unlike Lemfo and Kospet .

Good luck with your next purchase

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Kospet PRIME Official post

I am also facing issues with missing whatsapp calls in my watch. How did you adjust your watch so that it does not miss Whatsapp calls?

Have made sure whatsapp is " not optimized " and has " unlimited data " . This prevents the app from sleeping

Well, I’m also affected by “fake” IP68.

After a afternoon in a swimingpool my watch had water inside. Visible in cameras. And now after dry it with rice, screen is blurry. Here is a video: https://youtu.be/-QBShsKE30U

Anyone know how to disassembly the watch? any service manual or video tutorial?

Cheers.

Its a long shot after water ingress but have you tried a factory reset . Probably wont do a thing but you never know . Maybe worth trying to dry for longer . You wont find a tutorial to take it apart here . Good luck with this

Yes, already did it and same thing.

I think that the screen connector was affeted by water and I need to clean it and fix it if neccesary, but I don’t know how to open the watch since it’s IP68 and don’t have any screws. I think that I need heat gun (already have it) but I don’t know if I need to open from screen or from bottom.

Cheers.

Can you not return it ? Thanks

Yes I can return it to repair, but 35€ to send it back to China and another 50€ more or less to return it to my country (VAT+fees) and I don’t know if the seller would ask my to pay return shipping cost.

Total 90 - 100 € to repair.

Watch cost me 139€ not worth it…

This is why I need to know how to disassembly the watch.

I am a sysadmin and computer technician and I am used to repairing computers, tablets, mobile phones, etc.

Cheers.

Thats fair enough

If you decide to disassemble it, can you share picture/video of you process? I hope I wont have to do this in a near future!