The Kospet PRIME Official post

Apologies not necessary, everyone busy, but luckily this forum is super helpful and good to see such good community support. You and the regulars gave me confidence to proceed.

Full android watches have a lot of value and its the wearable form factor that suits me. Dont want a big phone, want a tiny one, with an occassional hotspot, notifications, clockfaces with array_type 100 for quick access to things, some music playing, a basic camera, a good battery - and I have a tablet and PC for everything else and a small bluetooth headset so I dont look like im in the CIA when a get a phone call, talking to my wrist :slight_smile:

In case anyone is interested, Ive not succeeded in getting the ubuntu/debian/linux version of flashtool running. Its core dumping with a floating point error. Crash dump not revealing much to me, just that the code seems a little old perhaps.

2 Likes

Pressing the button to get the flash started:

That normally only applies if you have got a stuck bootloader.
Normally happens after a failure to flash.

I flash on Ubuntu as well.
It’s just a couple of lib files you need to update and it works out fine.
Google is your friend

If it was a Zeblaze you would never get it back and 8 months later you will be lucky to get a 75% refund… and that’s only if you kept copies of all shipping tracking advice…they like to stall until the tracking number drops out of the shipping company website…then they pretend not to be able to find any record of your parcel arriving with them.

2 Likes

Good job its not a Zeblaze then . This will certainly not happen to his Kospet . @pablo11 will make sure of that .

3 Likes

Sorry to disagree !!! I have tryed to solve my Kospet Prime, screen issue with no sucess.

You have a screen problem with the Kospet Prime?
The original Prime Android 7.1.1?
That watch has not been made for a long time.
The factory that made it is no longer available.
When and where did you buy it?

I will do my best to help if I can

If you are talking about the Prime SE or the Prime 2 please let me know

Hello Friends, My Kospet Prime 3/32, suddenly keep restarting itself automatically and does not go forward Kospet Boot Screen and keeps restarting, now even battery has died and when I plug in the charger it keeps doing the same thing. What could be the issue? I have a video but I cannot upload since I am a new user here.

Flashing the firmware is probably the best option . Which Prime are you using ?

What did you do just before this issue happened ? Did you install a app or clockskin

Thanks

Thanks Vishnu, I have Kospet Prime 3GB/32B (First ever model), Clockskin was installed for more than a year but this issue happened suddenly few days back. I did not install any app recently.

I have tried to flash the firmware but watch is not recognised by the USB port since the watch is continuously rebooting when plugged on charger.

No problem . I have had this issue before . The only way is to kill the battery ( run it dry over and over by rebooting ) until the screen wont come on . You then will have just enough time to flash

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu is right. Please use the “firmware upgrade” option instead of “download only” in this case.

1 Like

Thank you @Dr_Andy_Vishnu and @G1NT0N1C , I tried flashing twice with both “Firmware Upgrade” and “Download Only” and process was completed, but issue is still same, after flashing it keeps restarting it self, not even charging. I think its related to hardware and not software.

Thanks much for your time and help. :raised_hands: :pray: :handshake: :+1:

@nomsonline It sounds like a hardware problem to me.
Have you bumped or knocked the watch recently?

Unfortunately this model was stopped over a year ago so they can’t replace it.

1 Like

Hello @pablo11, I don’t remember any accident like this before it went crazy, but you never know my Toddler could have done it :sweat_smile:

Yes, I think its hardware related.

Cheers and Thanks for the Help guys. :+1:

3 Likes

Replacement back covers if anyone interested

£20.60 5%OFF | plastic back cover For kospet prime Smart Watch wrist watch phone watch clock hour plastic cover metal sim cover

2 Likes

Good found! I will order one because the charging contacts of my watch are worn. And I still love this watch!

2 Likes

Nice find @Dr_Andy_Vishnu :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Found Thor 5 and Lem 7 also :+1:

1 Like