Water damaged LEM 14

Yes, I’ll do it, but first I need to know how to disassembly the watch.

I don’t want to break it.

Another watches are easy to open because screws, but this don’t have.

Cheers.

1 Like

The problem with this is that the screen glass, lcd and touch panel are all bonded together and also bonded to the watch.

Unlike a mobile phone, these are not designed to be serviceable (the screens).

Did you purchase it from the lemfo official store?
And how long ago did you buy it.?

1 Like

Yes I bought it from lemfo Official store from AliExpress in March 2021.

Also I only need to know how to open it, I don’t want to change the screen, I only want to clean all water, connectors, etc.

Cheers.

So you don’t want to exchange it?
I was going to offer to talk to Lemfo management for you…
But if you want to try and open it instead - fair enough.
The reason why it is so difficult to open is because the factory were desperate to try and meet the waterproofing criteria.
It is not possible but they tried.
Sadly it makes it almost impossible to open and service it.

1 Like

Many thanks @pablo11

Yes , of course I would love to exchange it, but I don’t want to pay more or less 100€ to send it back to China, then resend and pay VAT+fees. Now in UE all foreign products must pay VAT+fees.

What we can do?

Thanks again!

Cheers.

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Answered.

Many thanks!

I’m disappointed. thinking about the warranty I had not opened it until now and it is too late, the screen no longer turns on and the speaker sounds bad.

Well It’s not hard to open it, you only need the appropriate hardware to do it.

Here is a little video how to open the watch. You must do it from above:

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Thanks for the video, I hope that cleaning the connector will do the job.
I understand now why they say to not put this watch under hot water, there is no mechanical compression of the bezel!
So sad that the Chinese are not willing to produce a FAW with good quality hardware design (and real spec!)

There was more water than I think. Now more hardware is damaged like speaker and the screen don’t show nothing, before I can see blurry screen.

I don’t think that the water was coming from the bezel, I think that was from above microphone and from pushbuttons.

Bezel is sealing with some rubber like a Samsung Galaxy s9+ to do the IP68.

I’m impressed with the inside quality.

This watch have more quality than other than I opened like kospet optimus pro. And also is easy to open and complete disassembly.

Cheers.

not apple or Samsung or any company that sales this watch will honor the claim off water resistant if they got damage by water. not at least in the USA. i am talking by experience my 3 weeks old galaxy 3 die when I was swimming on my pool. and they refuse to fixe it, want me to pay 220 dollars.

3 Likes

so there is no perfect waterproof Android watch…

No . There is not

i am waiting for the perfect waterproof Android watch

super amoled and waterproofing if they gonna mix with these Android watches will become superdroid

Then you will be waiting a very, very long time.

5 Likes

…a VERY long time…

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Awesome

It’s a shame that none of the reputable manufacturers make FAWs (I would pay more for it if I knew theywere going to last) but I guess those are quite niche products and not many people want them.

I am not defending any of the manufacturers but I have gotten good service out of many of my watches. I am wearing a Genesis that I have had for 27 months. I have a Lem 10 that has worked fine for about 3 years and an older Lem 7 that is over 3 years old. I still wear all of them. The only watches I had major issues with were made by ZeBlaze. I would never use any of these watches intentionally, in water, no matter what is claimed.

3 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanna say, I’ve buyed two full android watches via aliexpress to Lemfo on the last year.
First case the watch was SIM blocked by two different operators on the same country under duplicated IMEI argumentation. I’ve asked for a refund and got no problems at all.
Second case was perfect, watch arrived to me on 31 days and it works perfectly until today.

2 Likes