Watchface Designer

The question is "Is there any way to increase the WFD memory?"

2 Likes

As far as i am aware only @Marco_Ferreira can answer this regarding his app . Thanks

It’s a java app, so there’s probably some parameter you can add when launching it from command line… heap size ? Try some Google search on the subject.

3 Likes

Marco said “use 64 bit java rather than the 32 bit version”

1 Like

Louis_Peek

Marco_Ferreira

10h

ALL this time I have been making these detailed HUGE file watch faces with WFD crashing because I am a stupid idiot! Spending hours and hours dealing with it. Thanks to doubledad’s query and your response, Marco, my memory for WFD increased from 256 Mb to OVER 2 GIGS!!! HOLY CRAP THANK YOU BOTH!!!:scream:

1 Like

Is ti possible in future we could see a GMT function?
Like a seperate display that also displays GMT

is there a way to import .watch file to WFD thanks

Sorry . Thats a no

1 Like

I had the same problem. All I did was restart my computer and then they were there.

help, how to load xml on wearos, i sent the folder to wearos, but nothing shows up.

1 Like

It will not work on wear os.

i’m using wearos 2.12 chinese version

It will not work on wear OS.

1 Like

ok, thanks :cry:

1 Like

hello, new to this program. was wondering where i could get different back rounds to use also different hands and also animated weather icons. thanks

@chris_johnson you gotta just Google or Bing for backgrounds (I personally use pixabay since most of their images are free, have a commercial license and are attribution free. You just need to make an account to remove pop-ups, also free. You can also donate to submitters you like, but not required. I think they use the donate a cup of coffee site). As far as animated weather icons, just Google or Bing animated weather gifs or something like that, unless you have the skills to make your own. Many, however won’t have a commercial license and will some require attribution if not payment for a personal or commercial license.

@Marco_Ferreira With the newer FA 7.1.1 Enhanced firmwares supporting animated backgrounds and smart complications, will WFD 0.14.2+ support building faces with that or will that only be for hard coded faces by the individual companies. If you could build an export option for 7.1.1 Enhanced (“Tweaked+”?), that would be really cool. Designers would just have to post that the download is for watches that support it. I think the smart and animated features are specific to the Kingwear engine, specifically Kospet Prime and Kronos Blade Genesis, but more will be added as time goes on.

Hi there. Can i request new feature? Please add support to using .gif files as image layer. Not converted to animated array, exactly .gif files.

WFD ran out of memory
how to fix?

3 Likes