Watch Droid Phone / Assistant

Great to see another big update :+1: . Thankyou

3 Likes

The step counter on my LEM 14 watch seems accurate, but the Step Counter on Watch Droid is wildly wrong. Does the step counter on Watch Droid phone need to be activated for the one on the watch to work? I’ve just de-activated it, so I suppose I’ll find out. My other question, then, is: does the Watch Droid phone app measure steps made by the phone, so to speak, and not relate to the watch at all? Or is it supposed to record the steps counted by the watch? - If so, it doesn’t!
Watch Droid is excellent, by the way, and I’ve just signed up for Premium - with a discount!

On set up of watch droid have you allowed all permissions in watch ?

Sorry, you’ll have to be more specific: are you talking about permissions on the watch droid app on the watch? Or on the phone? And do you mean ALL permissions, or permissions related to steps, GPS, navigation only? I’ve gone through several iterations of giving permissions, rebooting, etc, but can’t get a reasonable figure on the phone app.

I’ll give you an example. Having posted the post above this morning, I disabled step tracker on the droid watch on the phone. The tracker on the watch continued to work and added about 2000 steps from a short walk I had this afternoon. I’ve just enabled the step counter on the droid watch phone app again and it’s added about 9000 steps from when I disabled it earlier, 21k in total today. Yesterday it counted/added 81k steps, 51km! Using Sync Up from the menu dots doesn’t help, makes no changes. I’ve just used the ‘Resync all data’ button on the phone app (without ‘Delete data from the smartwatch already synced’ and that produced the same 21k figure.

I’ll try uninstalling the phone app now, then reinstalling.

Edit: OK, reinstallation has reset the step count to 2,200, which is probably right for the day’s activities. Maybe that’s fixed it! I still don’t know whether it’s reporting steps recorded by the app on the watch, or whether it’s using the phone’s own built-in counter. I’ll have to see how the phone matches with the figures given on the watch.

Yes . I meant permissions in the watch for the watch app

1 Like

Yes, I’ve done all that as far as I can tell. In testing phase now! Thanks.

Edit: Well that didn’t last long. Just been sitting at my computer since the last reading of 2200 steps on the watch droid phone app. My watch counter has added 10 steps just because it counts the waving of your arm (typing). The watch droid app, however, has gone from 2,200 to 6746 - and I haven’t moved!
Edit 2: While typing this, doing nothing, the step count on the phone app went up to 9008 steps. What on earth is it doing? :slight_smile: Mustn’t complain, though - apparently I’m getting lots of exercise!

There are some devices that are giving some printed data in the step counter, I have already detected this and I have solved it in a version that I will soon upload to the Play Store, if any user has this problem and wants to try this version this should be solved. I hope soon to be able to put these modifications in the Play Store with other small fixes.

Phone 15.12Mick

Assistant 15.12Mick

4 Likes

Is there a way to disable the vibration? After upgrading to this firmware the watch vibrates whenever I receive a notification through Watch Droid, even when I have “Do not disturb” enabled. That didn’t happen with the old firmware.

I let the watch on my desk and it is really annoying when it vibrates. :sweat_smile:

Thanks in advance.

You can disable the watchdroid vibrations in the watchdroid app on your phone.

Can you please tell me where is it (sorry for going off-topic)? It’s weird because I didn’ need to do this before…

Notivications- social notivications- Behavior in the event of a notification. Set the vibration duration to 0 seconds

3 Likes

Thank you very much! When I went to that screen I realized that “In silent mode vibrate” whas enabled. It must have enabled when I repaired the smartwatch after factory reseting.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Question: Some of my notifications sent to the watch are complete, I can scroll down and read the whole body of the message. Some are short, a snippet of the body. How can I correct that? is there a setting I can change to download the full notification body to the watch?

Another issue I have, when I go to the complete list of notifications and click on one, sometimes it opens up the wrong one. This usually happens when I’ve hit my max notification number on the watch (20).

Thank you!

There are applications that cut the notification by a certain amount of characters, so as Watch Drodi obtains the text from the notification bar, the displayed text is the one published in it. Usually WhatsApp, Telegram do not cut their messages, but Gmail does.

2 Likes

Now when app is automatic save (steps and heartbeat) there is notification on smatwatch (service-mode). In other hand without service-mode on kospet prime there is rarely successful synchronization. There is posibility somehow turn off notifications about saving?

Additional on used version (15.12 both watch and phone) i got unhandled error after disabling service-mode sync.

[EDIT]
I got this unhandled error with service-mode on.

The version 15.12 that you are using is a development version, the messages that appear are alerts that can help with programming, it is also not serious.
Today I have made a new update to version 15.14 in Play Store, please update to this version when it is available and check for this error.

I dont understand what you mean…

I also receive double notification

If you have selected to receive notifications on your phone for a specific app and then select the same app in the watch droid app on your phone you will sometimes get two notifications. One from the phone and one from the watch droid app on your phone.

4 Likes

I receive double sms notification in the smartwatch!!

I solved the problem changing SMS app in the phone.

1 Like

How do I fix this?