Watch Droid Phone / Assistant

Thanks Dr. Andy,

I am pretty sure it’s the same I have been verifying multiple times, but I will double check tomorrow. It’s midnight here, and both the watch and I have run out of power and needs to rest on our chargers :sleeping:

I assume you also use the newest Watch Droid from play store, as from what I understand from above posts, the old v9 won’t work on Android 10 ?

I am afraid though, that the Bluetooth disconnect/connect issue is of more generic character. I tried to connect to my coffee machine via Bluetooth, and it was the same connect/disconnect issue, even with the watch app in the foreground…

Yes . I use the latest version . The bluetooth issue we will monitor

1 Like

Thanks for your reply

1 Like

Finding and disabling the old background cleaner in the Optimization app has helped a lot.
It seems I sometimes have to stop/start the service in the assistant app to get connected, but then it stays connected until I leave my phone out of reach.

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks for that. That would explain why te problem didn’t show up when Ii initially tried the bluetooth as it was originally disabled when I first went through then I subsequently enabled it and the 4 apps that showed up when I was searching for options to increase battery life. Enabling it is obviously the problem as bluetooth is working fine now that I have disabled it.

Probably worth while letting others know about this to avoid heart break and customer dissatisfaction. Hopefully the manufacturer can sort the problem so the cleaner options and bluetooth can co-exist. Will have to monitor my battery performance to see if turning it it off has resulted in more drain on the battery.

Thank you very much for this advice.

2 Likes

I regret not having been able to answer before, I am glad that it was only the background cleaner, there are some users who have written to me that they have a smartwatch with Android 10 and it seems that everything works. Some things I have had to modify for the next version for which I am working a lot, I hope that soon I can put it in the Play Store. Thanks again for helping each other.

6 Likes

We are working with a unreleased version of A10 firmware and watchdroid works great :+1:

1 Like

Is there any way of controlling which sound watchdroid makes when showing a phone notification on the watch ?

@lumaticsoft with the Android 10 we can set the notification sound in settings for each app. Would it be possible to have Watch Droid make the sound we choose for the app, rather than the default system sound ?

I will review what you comment, maybe in the future this may be possible

2 Likes

One thing I would love to add as one of the reply options is a ‘open on phone’ as one of the options. My fit bit had this and for things you could not reply to or wanted to see more detail. it was nice as a option to push and by the time you had the phone out of the pocket it would already be loaded on the phone and ready, rather then pulling the phone and then having to click the notification and wait for the page to load.

New version of WD, 15.10
News:
Battery:
Graphics and consumption statistics
Control of percentage of charge, status, type, temperature, battery voltage.
Heart Rate:
Automatic measurement of the heart rate according to configuration
Continuous heart rate measurement for 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour
Statistics of maximum, minimum and average measurements
Step Tracking:
Track daily activity log counting steps taken
Graphs of number of steps daily, weekly and monthly
Display:
Improved configuration options
Many bugs fixed

Many thanks for this wonderfull app.

Only a question:
Is not necessary update the Watch app?

2 Likes

Yes There´s a new version of Watch Droid Assistant (15.1) but the watch droid Phone version is (13.76) I updated both, but when i open the app on the watch a message appears telling me that the version of the app on the phone is not the same version and an option “do you want to update the version of the app on your phone”, I select YES but the app on the phone is updated (version 13.76) and this message keeps apearing every time I open the app on the watch. is this “ok” or there is going to be a 15 version for the phone app? (I,m asking because on google play says that the version 13.76 wathc droid phone is updated Dec 19 2020)

When i connect my phone with version 15.1 of WD to my Watch , automatically the version of my Watch Is update to version 15.1.
The new features now are Active.

Many thanks

2 Likes

I am curious how all these extra data samplings will affect the battery life.

NO there is no conection, when i try to update the version on the phone it aparently update but when the update finish to download a message apears sayng that “the package apaers to be corrupt” so i can´t have the latest version of the app on my phone,. what i have to do to be update on both apps??? thanks

Same here and working with no issues at all :+1:

1 Like

I too was able to find and update to 15.1 on both watch and phone. It was straight forward.

2 Likes

ok I have conecttion but the app on the phone is showing me this (image 1)

and when i select “informatin” it start to download an actualization but when it fininish i recive this mesasge on the watch SOMETHING it´s wrong…please help

I would try to deinstall completly. Then install the new version.

3 Likes