Volume Controlling Face

Good evening folks. I made another face that uses arraytype 100, but this time I wrote the apps. I wrote 8 apps for controlling the volume, 3 each for media and ringtone (increase, decrease and toggle mute/unmute) and 2 for alarm (increase/decrease, I couldn’t toggle the volume for some reason) with no visible activity or app icon (only way to use them will be by using arraytype 100)

The watch face itself is ugly, but anyone can install and use the apk files to control volume (no use, but why not?) from the more refined watchfaces they make :slight_smile:

In this face, tapping the icons increases/decreases the respective volume, and tapping on the words toogle mute state (if muted will be unmuted, if not muted will be muted). Also shows a toast with the action and current volume

Credits:- Stackoverflow (really helpful as I know shit about android app development)

Downloads–
Volume Control Apps-

Watchface shown-

PS for the apps the package name is like com.meghraj.mediavoladd, where mediavoladd can be changed to ringvoltoggle or alarmvollow etc, and the launch activity is com.meghraj.mediavoladd.MainActivity

Edit- Volume app link updated with some silly tweaks

9 Likes

I don’t intend to take away from your work but suggest another possible simpler alternative if you use the Smart Touch Pro (STP) app. Which I discovered on the old RASW site from Sonia.

This shot shows the STP app on my screen. (It overlays every screen and thus can activate the apps shown from any screen.)

This shot shows the STP app opened up to display some of the apps available that you have selected. The Volume Control app is displayed,

When you tap on that icon the Vol Control app opens up so you can adjust the volume level of each function. (You can slide the app up to also display adjustments for Ringtone and Call.) You can also mute using the icon in the lower right corner.
To go back to the previous app you were using you just use the back button…

4 Likes

@meghgoswami835 Wow, that’s cool. I’ll have a look at this. Good job. Thank you for thinking out of the Box!

4 Likes

Great work . Always good to see something different and new
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I use pie controls that open the volume panel too, but I thought it would be cool to do that from the watchface itself

4 Likes

i love the smart touch pro also :+1:
although i have a different setup

power (also used to switch square/circle mode)
recent apps
weather (when not using an array enabled tap watchface)
lock screen (no longer need to HW button press for instant off)

I have also installed smart touch pro Version 3.0.7 .it was working fine after giving administrative permission power off was also woking. But there is problem. If anyvway after sliding the screen with touch it get out from screen. Then it never come to the screen after all tries. Then only the solution to uninstall and reinstall. This the main problem with me. This thing not happening in mobile having android 7 or 8. I had tried so many times. I dont thing what is the problem. My watch is Finow x7 android 7.1.1. Is this a problem of my os of watch? Because this is not happening in my mobile set.
So lastly I uninstalled it. Because in watch frequently sliding is used to do something and by mistake it can be icon of STP get out from screen.
Please reply if you have any clue.

i typically keep it hovering near bottom right side (as swiping back is from left, to avoid your specific issue)

also i had same instances with having to uninstall/reinstall, but noticed that once it moved off screen by my accident, i just switched to square mode and found it again.

if it wasn’t there at all, then i would do quick re-install.

Have you disabled STPro in your battery saver. If not every time you turn off your watch or it times out it will turn off the app?

I have several other apps available on mine too but they are on the upper end and are not visible in this picture. I have 16 total apps that I am able to select from.

1 Like

I actually prefer the right side also but have the Display Brightness icon, that auto hides, there and they both won’t work in the same location. I move the STPro icon around depending on which watchface I am using.

1 Like

Yes I had disabled from battery saver.

I am not telling about apps, am telling about the ICON of STP app by which STP will work.

You r right but my problem is that if accidentally STP icon vanish from screen it must be forced to reinstall to bring again the icon on screen, surprisingly it not happen in mobile phone.

I don’t know which watch you are using but I noticed that on my round face watch the STP icon would disappear, like you are saying. On the Lem 10, in my photo’s, the Icon is always displayed no matter where or how I place it, also like my phone. This leads me to believe it is a problem with the round screen where the Icon goes off the screen but is still on the edge which is not visible unless you go to the square mode as Mark2 posted. The square mode is not necessary on the Lem 10.

Thanks for reply, My watch is Finow x7 come to the market in 2019 it is round watch having Android 7.1.1 As per you said I had also tried in selecting square mode to find the icon. It may due to round. Very very thanks.

hello meghgoswami835,
thank you for sharing,
the application (RingVolToggle) ne peux pas s’installer .
the apk package seems corrupt

1 Like

Oops, sorry about that. Thanks for pointing it out, I’ve updated the drive link
Is it working now?

1 Like

np :slight_smile: it works now thanks

1 Like

you forgot the apk (alarmvoltoggle)?
it’s normal ?