UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

We had a daylight saving change at sunday but the Long standby clock did not change and now it’s 1 hour ahead. Is there a way to make it sync with the android clock?

1 Like

that’s your mistake, instead you should, from inside twrp, choose reboot to system

Hi.
When i do inside TWRP a reboot to system, then boots the Kospet down and start in TWRP Menue again???:thinking:
Whats wrong?

Try flashing the twrp patcher again, but this time replace the boot.img in the zip file with the latest one from the current firmware, then try to boot the watch
If you reflash the original firmware you are replacing the modified recovery with the original one

Hi. My problem is that TWRP is on watch, but when i will shut down and boot to system
i have this Screen:

On the screen is:
Restart - install TWRP App?
Should the official TWRP App be installed?
The app can search for new TWRP versions.
Case with tick: Ask if TWRP App should be installed
Case with tick: Install as a system App
Blue Case: Do not install
When i will push “install”, there is no way. This button is not possible…
What have i to do??:sob:

It doesn’t matter whether or not you install the twrp app, personally I prefer not to install it

Yeah me too, and it won’t even make sense cuz twrp for our watches isn’t officially supported

@pablo11 Just read new OTA firmware for Kospet Hope: Hope_B_20191024
Perhaps any changelog?

Hi, Everyone. I am new to this site and hope someone can help. I am contemplating buying an Optimus Pro Watch 3GB/32Gb but I am naive about Smartwatches never having owned one. My main question is…Will it work with my Computer running Windows 10 (64) I have read conflicting reports on this forum.
Regards,

Rik

If you mean will it connect to your pc so you can drag files onto watch then yes you will be fine . Have you looked at Kospets latest offering ? The Kospet Prime . Thanks

1 Like

Everything works with win10. It’s just a little bit tricky to install not signed driver.

Hi Tim, thanks for Info. I haven’t checked that out, I must admit. I was choosing on the basis of some YOU TUBE Videos I have seen.

1 Like

I drop it with no problem…when it connects.
The back plate is very weak because of the weak magnet and it is difficult that it stays connected.
So far, with that solved…no problem to connect with it through the USB…Appears as “THOR” (:slight_smile:)

Thank you for your post. I found that after installing mtknoled.apk, this made a significant difference. Even with firmware 2.7 before 3.0, my watch went from hours of life left to days.

Which prompts a question. Can anybody educate me what the mtkled bug is?
How it works? What does the apk fix and why wouldn’t a previous firmware just simply fix this. The fact this makes a significant difference is night and day. A shout out to the developer who created this!

Actually what happens is, Our device doesn’t have Led notification light, but these Chinese rom makers haven’t disabled that module in the kernel.So whenever you receive a notification, it triggers the led,but since there’s no LED it doesnt activate, so it keeps on trying and doesn’t let the device sleep,hence drains battery

2 Likes

All mtknoled does it tell Android the device has no notification led. You can do the simple android command from an adb shell. No root: settings put system notification_light_pulse 0

2 Likes

Ok wow, thanks all. It all makes now. I glad for forums like this when people can get together to help others. A+

1 Like

so if i install MTKnoLED.apk it will not affect my watchdroid notifications in anyway?

it is simply to render the command obsolete as there is no hardware LED built into the optimus?

can someone post the link to mtknoled.apk in this thread as i searched on the forum and have not come up with any results other than it being mentioned but no file.

No, it’s just to justify that there’s no notification led
I installed mtknoled from here

1 Like

done, thx !
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: