Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

No, it is not necessary to delete the old version first. I also only installed it as an update and it works fine. Try restarting. Then select the location again in the Universal Launcher settings. Make sure that WiFi is enabled and “Use WiFi to improve accuracy” is enabled. Then select “Edit location and time zone” and wait for the messages “GPS found” and “Location found”.
The weather and the moon phase will then work.

2 Likes

Yes, that did it! Thanks!

You are welcome.

I have a question about the launcher. I have several watches, including a Kospet Prime and even a recent one of the NO.1 DT ultra 2. I have no problems, all the data is shown on the dials, including steps and heart rate. I recently purchased an Android 8.1 version watch on Aliexpress. With sports applications I can count my steps and read my heartbeats. With universal launcher, despite having enabled all permissions, they remain zero and are not read. Is there an explanation, It happens on all watchfaces, both in the.watch version and in the folders. Is there a way to solve it? Thank you

If those watches use non “standard” mapping for those features, it will not work. That’s too bad, but i can’t really do anything about it.

2 Likes

You must excuse my ignorance, but the question is how do other applications read the steps?

Normally, you use the standard Android API for that. Are you saying that an app downloaded from the store is working (and not only the stock launcher app) ?
If it’s the case, i’m lost too. :slight_smile:

I have tried some pedometer apps downloaded from PlayStore and they work as step counter. Sports apps also work as pedometers, for example MeeRun. No, I didn’t find any about heartbeats.