Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Thanks for this… I got watchmaker up and running! If anyone needs help with that let me know.

Watchmaker or the universal launcher?
We don’t talk about WearOS watches in this forum.

1 Like

I am wondering, too. It seems to be a Ospet Primus pro. He’s talking about Universal Launcher, I guess.

the picture is a kospet optimus 2… im talking about getting wearos faces(.watch) files working with universal launcher.

yeah my bad… i meant “watchmaker faces” which is .watch files… was just excited to have all my faces from my old watch… pardon me lol

It’s fine, the confusion is about the Nubia device which is being discussed above your post.
No worries

Hi Eric. I recently purchased a new Android 8.1 Smartwatch at this link. The brand is a XUESEVEN KOM9.

https://rb.gy/ii7cyx

Here’s the firmware name/revision:
K12_V11_B_DWQ_Smartwatch_EN_ZX_HSC_4.4V800_20231124

I was able to successfully install ver. 3.6 of the Universal Launcher and most of my watch faces work properly but I have a problem with the ones that display the UTC. In the watch settings I have correctly set the UTC to -700 (Phoenix), which is where I live, but on my watch faces it shows up as +1700 and the faces that calculate moonrise and moonset times rely on the correct UTC, so the rise and set times are incorrect.

If I change the watch settings to +700 UTC, the moon rise and set times are correct for UTC -700, although the watch face shows a UTC of +700. So I suspect there’s an issue with negative UTC strings using the Launcher or it’s possibly a problem with the watch itself. I don’t have any other Android watches for testing so it may just be the watch’s problem instead of the launcher. It does work properly under Watchmaker though.

Here’s one of the watch faces in question for testing:
Stern Moonrise/moonset

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Steve

Well, these watches are not supported for good reason. If UL is running on this watch, be happy. It’s not a UL problem because it is working on other watches.
However, I have a workaround for you: deactivate automatic time and set it manually.

1 Like

Yes, deactivating automatic/network time sync was the first thing I tried but that didn’t do a thing. But later I let the watch sit for a couple hours and now the faces are showing the correct UTC of -7, but the moonrise and sets are one day off. Maybe it’ll correct itself if I leave it alone again.

It should adapt after some time. You can reboot the watch if you want to force it.

2 Likes

Thanks Eric. Rebooting didn’t help but I’ll let it sit overnight and see what happens. The UTC self-corrected so I hope the moon rise and set times do the same. BTW, the XUESEVEN KOM9 is a nice watch and the price was really good. For those interested it has 4GB of RAM and an AMOLED display. When I logged into Google Play on the watch, Google sent me a security notice identifying the watch as a Lanix Ilium LT510 cell phone which seemed a bit odd but maybe this watch and that phone share a lot of internals and it was the closest match that Google could come up with.

I wouldnt worry. One of my A8.1 watches identified as a Bosch dishwasher ? This is very normal for these shoddy watches

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1: Great!!!

1 Like

Well, honestly they’re no more shoddy than the last 3 TicWear products that I bought at premium prices. I have two TicWatch 2’s and a TicWatch 3 Pro. All three experienced swelling of the lithium batteries that was so bad that it cracked the case backs of the Tic Watch 2’s (plastic backs). The TicWatch 3 Pro has a metal case back so it couldn’t crack that, but all that swelling had to go somewhere so it managed to crush the heart sensor against the inner side of the case back rendering it useless for heart monitoring. The battery life on all 3 watches was abysmal too. I was lucky to get a full 8 hours out of any of them. I just picked up a Fossil Gen 6 that’s been amazing in comparison though. It gets 18-24 hours of usage between charges even with its always-on display.

1 Like

Wouldnt know i’m afraid. We have never supported the watches you have named and i never have owned one

Yeah, it’s obvious those watches are not supported here. Thanks for being so helpful. Eric couldn’t do it all without you.

Hi Eric. Just a quick update. Letting the watch sit and cook overnight didn’t help, so I set the watch’s date one day ahead, reset the watch face (not the watch itself), then set the watch back to the correct date and reset the watch face again. That resolved the issue.

If anyone else purchases this watch and wants to know the process for installing the Universal Launcher on it, just let me know. It involved installing CX File Explorer from the Play Store and using its built-in ftp server to move the launcher APK and watch faces from my PC to the watch. This was necessary because using a USB cable to connect the watch to a PC for file transfers does not work.

2 Likes

Trying to install Universal Launcher on Optimus 2…but cannot progress passed “waiting for device” Any guidence would be most appreciated…thank you

How exactly are you trying to install it? It’s pretty straightforward: download apk, connect the watch to PC, throw the apk into the watch storage, then on watch you should be able to use the file browser to search for the apk and touch it to install -If required, you should authorize your file browser to install apps from unknown sources-.

4 Likes

Brilliant!!!..Thank you very much…sorted now

1 Like