Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

All you can do is try.
If the watch is running Android, then you have a chance.
We have no idea about the Nubia, so it’s just a case of testing it yourself.

Fair enough :+1:

I’ll give it a shot and update y’all

So I was able to get the app to launch and the settings to work. The main launcher itself wasn’t displaying anything and showed a blue/greyish screen. The watch runs android 7 if that helps with anything.

I have a video of what it is displaying but as a new user I cannot upload it.

All I can say is that you need to apply all permissions and then if it still doesn’t display, it probably is not going to work.
@Eric_Crochemore may have more to say about it, but I can’t be sure.

1 Like

Android 7 should work fine, a pulsing clock is the default skin.
I’m curious to see the video.

1 Like

Yeah if you have a discord, I can message you it.

It doesn’t display anything when I launch the launcher and I’m not sure on what I can do

Well, the nubia alpha isn’t a full android watch. It won’t work, I guess.
Nubia has its own operating system, called “Wearable OS” - not to be confused with Google’s Wear OS. And not to be confused with Android, too…

1 Like

It’s a modified version of the android operating system

I figured it would work. I’m just trying to change the watchface to a custom one because the default ones are garbage. The app on my phone doesn’t allow me to upload a custom watchface or even a picture

Yes, I know the operating system. it is very restrictive and not really mature. It is also very adapted to the Snapdragon wear 2100. This was actually already outdated in 2019 when this watch appeared.

1 Like

Any suggestions on how I can load a custom watchface?

I would think that it would be just make an apk with the watchface or something. I can understand that it may be not that simple.

No, I have no idea. Sorry.

Well, that’s not quite right. Strictly speaking, it is a modified version of Android wear.

1 Like

Here is the link to the video. Maybe this will help?

Yep, as @G1NT0N1C has already said.
I suspect that the necessary libraries are missing from this custom OS.

Have you tried any other Android launcher?
I suspect that any other launcher will be difficult to use, apart from the stock app.

1 Like

I haven’t tried any other launchers because I mainly just want to have a custom watchface face.

I figured this launcher would’ve helped me reach that goal, but unfortunately it did not. I love the launcher and I’m sure it works great but it’s just that the nubia alpha is a super niche product.

Might just have to suck it up and deal with the stock watchfaces

You could be surprised. Recently i used a new android 8.1 watch that doesnt allow custom faces. After installing a different launcher it worked

Probably a library is missing, like said @pablo11. Maybe a version 1.x can work, look in the old thread.
V1.1.8 here

3 Likes

I tried the apk you provided and another old version and they didn’t work. They would ask for a couple of permissions and then revert to the screen saying “activate this device”

A little further than the newer version but still struggling to get it to work

Yes it needs some permission and an admin access to be able to lock the screen. You may have to run it several times and set the asked permission that remains.

3 Likes

I’ll give it another shot. I sideloaded the hidden settings apk so I’ll probably be able to force the permissions to work.