Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Thanks Eric!! Many thanks for the fast reply mate…much appreciated! I’ve always said that you were by far the best Moderator on the Forum!! :+1: :crazy_face: (And it would be hard to beat those other 2 dead losses @G1NT0N1C & @Dr_Andy_Vishnu ) :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons

@Doonsbury installs UL. I didn’t think I would experience this again. I think I’ll slaughter a cow tonight out of gratitude! :cow2:

2 Likes

@Doonsbury just wait and see how it goes before terrorising these poor guys :joy::joy:
I will help you, don’t worry :+1:

2 Likes

Sacrifice a goat at dawn.
Tonight the moon is just waiting for it :joy:

2 Likes

Wait a minute!! Just wait a bloody cotton pickin minute you bunch of Bovine slaughters! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: Before you, @pablo11 (And probably even the ole @Dr_Andy_Vishnu would enjoy a good midnight slaughter I guess :crazy_face:) head out to indulge in satanic killing rituals :crazy_face: I was only inquiring about UL!! Lets face it kiddies, if I try and put UL on my watch I’ll probably manage to put the Forum off the net for weeks! I tried to put it on once before and had Noooooooooo end of trouble. I mean there would be few on the Forum who are more Tech Savvy that the ole Doons ( :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :rofl:) but I could have some slight difficulty! But then again…Oh Lordy…how I do want to escape being forever in G1N’s debt! Cheers, “Yep, the country side will be knee deep in slaughtered carcasses come daylight”! :woozy_face:, Doons

P.S. This is why I said that @Eric_Crochemore is the nicest one! Notice that he hasn’t said he is gonna slaughter anything…except maybe me when I keep asking him stuff about UL!! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:)

2 Likes

@Eric_Crochemore I am facing a weird issue on my kospet optimus pro android 7.1.1 watch. I am disabling task cleaner for UL but as soon as I get out of that menu and open it again it gets enabled automatically and doesn’t stay alive. I have enabled all permissions made it administrator and even made it not optimized from app settings but still task cleaner enables it again and hence it sleeps when the screen is locked. can you please tell me how I can stop task cleaner from enabling itselef for UL? and also Override Home button option in settings is not working and on clicking home button it goes back to watch face screen instead of locking the device directly. can you please check it?

There is a settings app too, did you also protect that from being shutdown?

2 Likes

ohh ok ya saw it now it’s not getting enabled and not crashing. Is home button override working on your watch? in my watch it just takes the watch to home screen instead of locking the screen

Can’t help with that, not using UL.

Well it works, but is useful only on some watches. Maybe you don’t need this on yours.

1 Like

I need it actually because if I want turn off my screen on a certain app (eg. music controller) then By default in my watch if I click home button it closes the app and gets to home screen instead of that I want it to stay in that app and just turn of the screen so that I can easily app by unlocking watch instead of navigating back to music controller every time

I recently received my Lokmat APPLLP Pro 4 and would like to load the 100’s of my WatchMaker watchfaces. I have recently loaded ClockSkinCoco-3.0.2 (26.9MB APK file) and ran into issues of screens not displaying correctly. So I uninstalled it and loaded a newer version ClockSkinCoco3.6.1 (14.2MB APK file). Things were worse. So am I not getting the proper UL since the last one I downloaded was a considerable smaller file size? What is the latest non-beta version and some notes on how to properly install the UL? Thank you in advance!

You can use our YouTube channel guide to install, but most probably you have set your watch in square mode, you should switch to round mode.

3 Likes

@cjpitsch You know that v3.6 is at the top of the thread right…?
The downloads are always at the first post and as Eric says, make sure you grant all permissions and full screen is enabled.

2 Likes

First of all, I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a fine launcher that allows us to use the watchmaker skins along with all the other great features like widgets, etc… I’ve got it working perfectly with the 3.6 update on my Z40/LEM16. The only thing I noticed is the wrist turn to wake feature has to be activated in both the android settings of the watch and in your launcher for it to work, I’m assuming this is due to A11.

My question is the setting for icon packs, there is only the one listed and i was curious what it took to create more… is it standard .ico files put in a certain path? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time

Just download a icon pac from the playstore. My favorite is rondo icon pac, but there are a lot of them. You have to open it one time. After that, you can choose it in the launcher settings.

5 Likes

Souhds good to me! Thanks, i appreciate the help

Edit: the rondo pack looks great, but it says in-app purchases and ads, and was curious what exactly they mean by that? Dont want to go ahead and install if there will be ads or limited use without purchasing

1 Like

No problem. You see the adds only one time, if you open it at the beginning. After that you don’t have to open the app again.

3 Likes

ok so i have read the UL thread ,i understand i can download the latest version to my pc.then install it on my FAW ,but where or which folder do i install it in? and just to confirm what is the latest UL version ,sorry if i seem thick but there is a whole lot of info to take in on this site and lots of different UL versions,and lots of threads leading to different threads…im confused

For example, you can move the APK file to your watch’s download folder. Then navigate to this folder on the watch and run the APK. You have to disable Battery saver for UL in the settings to use it.

2 Likes