S10Pro International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - Suitable for LEM14 2021.06.26

S10 Pro firmware (LEM14 and Brave Pro) Android 10 firmware – FAW style, unbranded.
Confirmed working on Brave Pro as well.

Hi Everyone,
We have something to share with you and we hope you will like it :slight_smile:

Sadly I have to say this now - If this is posted on any other site without using a referring link - we will withdraw this project immediately. This is because we have a partnership with Wiiteer and we respect their trust and support. There are a few sites out there that instead of posting a link to this post - would rather post the Firmware itself - giving no background information about how this project happened. This is not acceptable for our partners or us !

As some of you know – this forum has great support from the solution provider for these watches. We have been working together as friends for many years now. They are called Wiiteer from Shenzhen. They provide us with great firmware support and help us by introducing us to the various brands that you all know.

Over the years we have been listening to all the feedback from you guys for all this time. Things that don’t work and things you would like to see added etc.

Well, we have gained the trust of our friends and they have allowed us to work with them remotely, under license, using their Chinese based environment.
Together, we have produced a unique Android 10 “international” firmware that addresses your problems with the previous default apps.

Wiiteer, @none and I have spent a long time overcoming the remote working challenges to achieve this. If this firmware is well received, then it may be used for other models. If the brands are happy with your feedback. This also means that if any issues are found – they may be corrected to improve the experience.

There is also a BETA program now !! See the end of this post for more info

DISCCLAIMERYou use this firmware by choice.

You accept full responsibility if you damage your device by making a mistake . This will ONLY work on the LEM14 model at the moment. It may work on the Rogbid equivalent – but we have not tested it. It has been thoroughly tested on the LEM14. Do NOT try to flash the TWRP from stock on this!!

The Lemfo product team know we are posting this – but it is NOT official Lemfo firmware !!

So, stuff that has changed - this includes things like:
Stock Android File Manager – much more functional than the previous one – remember to enable internal storage view by using the 3 dot menu – top right in the app.
Google Calendar,
Google dialer phone app,
Google contacts,
Google messages – including advanced functionality like Wi-Fi calling and instant messaging,
Google assistant – installed and now available by long press the back (lower) button.
Full permissions manager and granular control over permissions.

Any other apps that don’t need system permissions can be installed – by choice.
All previous custom apps are removed.

Task cleaner in the widget section never really worked in Android 10. The task cleaner is in the long press power menu.

To make sure play services app is up to date (after you have signed into Google) you can go to Settings/Apps and Notifications/All apps/Google Play Services and tap on the version details – it will take you to the update page.
All synchronization is working and can be easily controlled.

Then there are some functions added after many member requests:

double tap to wake
Adjustable font size (global)
Nav bar integration allowing “add or edit APNs” in a new square mode.
The layout can still be switched to full screen from the “long press power button menu.”
The Power Menu is now Long Press on an icon operated.
Other subtle features like the four-step brightness control in “quick settings” and long press on most of these “quick settings will take you to the related sub menus now.

Dark mode is fully implemented.

The weather app is working fine and utilizes Google Location Accuracy. The first-time weather is used it will need to obtain location – so GPS can be enabled to achieve this on first run. After this only Wi-Fi is needed because the Location Accuracy function caches your data.

All dependence on Chinese web services is removed to prevent issues with other locations worldwide.
The WiiWear app is still functional but the ability to disable it along with the BT broadcast traffic related to that app is now available in the Assistant app.
Apps like Watch Droid are fine and highly recommended.

Possibly one of the most important things to note is that now the firmware is operating more like Android intended – standby battery life can be up to 5-6 days. We get over 4 days even when Wi-Fi is enabled and google is signed in. Of course – this will vary in use cases, but it is a significant improvement.

Please feel free to try it out.

Mr Ticks has very kindly provided a video of the process today:

We worked with Wiitee to make a safer - easier option for you to use this.
BACKUP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA
You just copy the attached zip file to the watch storage and turn off network.
Then go to Settings, About Watch and choose wireless update.
Then long press power button and choose square screen mode and press the back button.
The Wireless update now shows in square mode.
In the top - right corner, click on the three little dots and choose Local Update.
Choose the zip file you copied across earlier and flash will begin.
It will take a while.
Once complete - please make a full factory reset as this is major update.
That’s it. No need to use flash tools. :grinning:

Please give as much feedback as possible here and we will try to keep up :blush:

Links removed until new thread is open

Problems with this Firmware? Here is stock version if needed:

13 Likes

Awesome new way of updating :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Wow, this must one of the greatest news this year, apart from of course the great new firmwares you made with Wiiteer, this ability to flash directly from a file on the watch, that certainly makes it more accessible for those of us who are a bit scared from the usb flashing process, those using a Mac and surely other, not to speak of the much simpler setup to be ready and no fighting with drivers on windows pc.

Thank you :ok_hand::clap::tada:

5 Likes

Totally agree . A huge sigh of relief for Mac users

4 Likes

Excellent, you are awesome! If you need a beta tester, i can help if you need!

1 Like

Great news

Will try it soon

And before anyone asks . When @pablo11 says " save to storage " the file can be saved to any of your phones folders to use it . Just remember where you put it :+1:

1 Like

Just updated to this firmware

Its really great and i can notice the great improvment already

Will post my experience later

Fantastic improvement. Will be excited if there comes something like this for Kospet Prime 2 in a future.

No problem:
-International FAW Style A10 Firmware for the Prime 2 - UPDATED - NO FLASH TOOLS REQUIRED! 21.05.2021
:wink:

3 Likes

WHAAAAAAAT???

Gonna check!!!

Haha . Its the future :sweat_smile::+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, I see!!!

3 Likes

About face unlock
We followed best practice

1 Like

Our good friend Mr Ticks is making a video about how this update is done and a few cool tips…
For example this whole process can be achieved by using only the watch connected to Wi-Fi…
He will post it soon :+1:

3 Likes

thank you so much tomorrow I’ll try

Wow, guys, this is brilliant! Just installed - first impressions:

• everything runs smoother
  • arrows and links in square mode are more responsive, easier to use
  • Weather works!

Things to note (perhaps put a line in the install instructions?) -

• first boot and after factory reset - the ‘android’ logo stays on a black screen for a long time before the watch starts; perhaps a warning to say this is normal, just let it do its work.
  • back of the watch got hot during download and first ten minutes of use, has cooled down substantially after half an hour

Question: with the previous OS, when I connected my charger/connecting cable to the watch, it automatically opened up a File Explorer window in Windows showing the watch’s hard drive and giving access to drag and drop watch faces etc directly on to the watch. Now I get a window opening in File Explorer, but no hard drive icon or ability to drop. Is there a setting I’m missing?

I’ll keep a check on battery usage, but anything more than a day would be fantastic.
Thanks again, guys, wonderful job - making the watch really useable!

2 Likes

to see the internal storage again you have to go to connected devices, usb and mark file transfer

2 Likes

This software is great

First thing i notice is thats its smooth and fast with no lag while navigating menus

Google apps integrated perfectly

And finally google contacts syncing automatically !!

I like how google assistant integrated in the back button (with long press)… It Is fast and seemless … now its easy for me to control my smart home devices with a button click on my watch.

Double tap to wake up screen is a feature that is worth to update only to get that… its better than the rise to wake and make it easy to quickly check time without pressing buttons.

Battery life looks much better but needs time to compare … as all my apps deleted after factory reset.

Suggestion for future software update…

I always wanted to have android phone notification experience… to swipe the curtain down to see all notifications…

I think alot of users would like to have that option

Hope it is possible to apply

3 Likes