TWRP for LEMX

Jan 31, 2019 12:13:05 GMT ozze559 said:
hi. I need some help please. Im not a newb to the android hacking scene..but I need help with a issue.. Please provide the sp flash tool you have used.. SO..i Powered off my device completely. I download sp flash tool. I loaded MT6739_Android_scatter.txt on the sp flash tool..ONLY two files are checked on the app..one is for recovery and the other is for boot..now I press download and connect the charge cable on my powered off lemx..and NOTHING happens?? I do have usb debugging enabled and I enter adb devices..and it shows up..What am I missing?? any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you guys

Please install the MTK VCOM drivers. Easy to find the latest version on the Web and the installation videos. This is your problem and it will be fine after this.
Jan 31, 2019 12:13:05 GMT ozze559 said:
hi. I need some help please. Im not a newb to the android hacking scene..but I need help with a issue.. Please provide the sp flash tool you have used.. SO..i Powered off my device completely. I download sp flash tool. I loaded MT6739_Android_scatter.txt on the sp flash tool..ONLY two files are checked on the app..one is for recovery and the other is for boot..now I press download and connect the charge cable on my powered off lemx..and NOTHING happens?? I do have usb debugging enabled and I enter adb devices..and it shows up..What am I missing?? any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you guys

Please install the MTK VCOM drivers. Easy to find the latest version on the Web and the installation videos. This is your problem and it will be fine after this.

Thank you so much for the help really appreciate it…i will do that asap!! last question?? do I need usb debugging on or off?? it doesn’t mention it at all on the tutorial? thanks again

I hav tried this procedure on Lemfo LEM8 but the SP Tool tell me that the “Scatter File is invalid”. Have you any resolution? Thanks

Feb 6, 2019 13:07:29 GMT markap said:
I hav tried this procedure on Lemfo LEM8 but the SP Tool tell me that the "Scatter File is invalid". Have you any resolution? Thanks

Try moving everything to a folder with a short path name and without any spaces in the path, like C:/Mediatek/whatever

That sometimes solves weird issues

Also could be that a TWRP for the LEMX does not work or is rejected by a LEM8

pablo11 AvatarOct 4, 2018 5:33:23 GMT pablo11 said:
The very first thing you need to do is copy the TWRP patcher.zip to your watch storage.

Then you flash the TWRP image as described and the watch will boot into recovery.

In recovery you just select the “allow changes to system” option and then go ahead and flash the patcher.zip from your watch storage.

That’s it. Just reboot after this and it will be able to boot properly.

Just out of interest - why do you need root access to the watch?

I’m just curious…

Worked great for me, I’m now rooted! thanks.

I have ported the LEMX TWRP into a LEM8 and rooted it as well.

See my post here:

/thread/3285/twrp-root-lemfo-lem8

Feb 28, 2019 3:37:56 GMT enviro8 said:

See my post here:

There’s already a built-from-source twrp for the LEM8, you can find it on this forum, but I don’t know the specific thread right now…

Feb 28, 2019 9:51:57 GMT iscle said:
Feb 28, 2019 3:37:56 GMT enviro8 said:

See my post here:

There’s already a built-from-source twrp for the LEM8, you can find it on this forum, but I don’t know the specific thread right now…

I posted it temporarily in the lem8 section in a thread that this member was using.
I think the built from source version is much better and when I saw ports being posted I had to post your build.
I think there was some frustration that it was not posted “officially”
So I was busy and just posted it there.
Sorry iscle

Feb 28, 2019 9:51:57 GMT iscle said:
There's already a built-from-source twrp for the LEM8, you can find it on this forum, but I don't know the specific thread right now...

I posted it temporarily in the lem8 section in a thread that this member was using. I think the built from source version is much better and when I saw ports being posted I had to post your build. I think there was some frustration that it was not posted "officially" So I was busy and just posted it there. Sorry iscle
Oh, hahaha don't worry! It's okay that it was not posted officially, as we didn't create all the packages for it, etc... We can post an official version when we finish everything we're doing so that we can also create the TWRP_patcher.zip and all those packages that are necessary...

iscle
Sounds like a plan :grin:

I followed these instructions to the letter. Everything went as was explained but when I powered my LEMX back up to finish the root process, nothing happened, black screen. Watch does not seem to power on or boot up. The watch is just a really fancy paperweight now.

I have tried running the root process again, but being the watch will not power and boot up to interface through USB, nothing happens, I get error messages.

Is there a way to boot the watch back to the factory installation? Can someone please help? I just wanted to Root,Magisk, and unlock my IMEI in order to use my sim card in the watch.

Would it be possible for someone to give me instructions on rooting my LEMX and installing Magisk? Or walk me through the process? I’ve followed the instructions posted on the forum here, but when I do that, the watch boots and screen is scrambled and unreadable and I have to flash back to factory settings, I think I’m doing something wrong.

Hi guys.

I just got my LEMX and tried to flash the referenced TWRP; since this post is a bit old and I’ve updated my LEMX to the latest OTA, I figured I better flash just the recovery, so I deselected boot in SPFT and upon reboot I got the “No command.”. Then I proceeded to flash everything (so recovery+boot) and ended up w/ a black screen. It seems that the watch did boot into recovery, but nothing was displayed - I could get adb “0123456789ABCDEF recovery”. Aftewards I flashed the 20181217 firmware and upgraded it again, so my LEMX is operational again.

So, what am I doing wrong? Is there a need for an updated TWRP+boot?

Thanks in advance. Regards!

EDIT: I tried it the 2nd time and it worked… oh well. tnx

What is sdcard directory

it’s the “root” directory of what’s accessible of the watch’s storage through your computers file explorer

So I followed the steps here to get twrp installed-- which it did install. But when i boot to twrp this is my recovery screen (see attached link for twrp photos)

And whats odd about it aside from the photos, is when its booted into the OS-- none of that glitching happens. Can someone help please?

Had to use a renamed Google Drive link since apparently im not allowed to embed photos or use links for that matter.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NyqSLKpvIK5b3J1KWZVjMdjCAXwMj-z5?usp=sharing

@Nick_P The link problem is because you are a basic member and only posted once.

The twrp issue is probably because you have to patch the boot image with magisk manager and flash both boot and recovery together.

This doesn’t make any sense per the issue I’m having. I can flash twrp and boot to twrp as shown in my pictures.

This screen glitch in twrp has nothing to do with magisk

Yeah sorry, I just realised my mistake.

Yes, your photos show that you screen is either faulty or the screen connector has become loose inside.

It’s actually quite difficult to remove the screen without damaging it to check the FPC cable connection.