TWRP for LEMX

iscle

has kindly created TWRP for your LEMX.

Flashing this recovery is exactly the same process as for the LEM7

The only difference is that the nav bar usually at the bottom of TWRP GUI is not there - yet.
This means that if you make a mistake you will need to use command “adb reboot recovery” to go back.
iscle

is looking at ways to get around this but until then I have added a link for installing adb utilities to help.

Install Instructions:

If you have TWRP installed already:

1. Download the first link which is just the twrp image files

2. Copy the image file to your watch

3. Boot into twrp

4. Click install

5. Click install image

6. Navigate to the twrp image you copied over and select it

7. Find recovery in the list and select it

8. Swipe to confirm

9. You’re done

If you don’t have TWRP installed:

1. With your watch turned on, copy the file “TWRP_patcher.zip” to the /sdcard directory.

2. Turn off your watch.

3. Open sp flash tool

4. In the “Scatter-loading File” box choose the “MT6739M_Android_scatter.txt” file in the TWRP_image folder

5. Press on “Download”.

6. Connect the watch dock/cable to the computer.

7. Put the watch on your dock/cable and wait until a green tick appears on the screen.

8. Unplug your watch from the computer and power it on. It will automatically boot to TWRP.

WARNING: the following step (9) will install the default boot.img for the stock rom of the device. If you have another rom installed, be sure to flash it after finishing this guide.

1. On the recovery, go to Install -> Install Zip and select the previously copied file “TWRP_patcher.zip”

2. Wait until it finishes and that’s it!

Download TWRP for LEMX here drive.google.com/file/d/1F0uvm_7G_-rnRrHZcWAcKKqdmGZv3aW7/view?usp=sharing

ADB utility here drive.google.com/file/d/1Uz75C_KHBKkmssF_FRNlrS03B0vh9uON/view?usp=sharing

thanks,Pablo11 but the scatter file is for MT6737 and the LemX is MT6739 its ok,and there is not magisk boot patcher or root it with Super SU.

Sept 29, 2018 13:56:29 GMT 1 leafar said:
[...] there is not magisk boot patcher or root it with Super SU.

why you need patcher and not use official universal release of Magisk? github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

edit: in New_LEM-X_Edge_TWRP.zip i see MT6739_Android_scatter.txt, then if you doing to this dir, then show only one scater file and this you select…
also in this archive is Magisk-v17.1.zip (i think is same as previous official release, actual is 17.2 downloadable from github link above)

iscle

If you get a chance can you reply to this thread for these couple of questions.

Thanks mate.

thanks,Pablo11 but the scatter file is for MT6737 and the LemX is MT6739 its ok,and there is not magisk boot patcher or root it with Super SU.

It's the package that was given to us by iscle and I can confirm that it works fine.

The m6737 and m6739 soc are pretty much the same.

Anyway, again I confirm that I transfer the patcher zip file to the watch storage.
Flash the recovery package with SP Tools and then immediately flash the patcher.

No problem at all.

After first boot I flashed the latest Magisk version and that’s it. Job done.

There are several ways to do this but I follow the instructions from the OpenWatch team for consistency.

It seems pointless to do it differently and possibly confuse people here so I stick to the recommended process.

Obviously it is up to the individual but this was my choice.

Cheers

It's the package that was given to us by iscle and I can confirm that it works fine.

The m6737 and m6739 soc are pretty much the same.

Anyway, again I confirm that I transfer the patcher zip file to the watch storage.
Flash the recovery package with SP Tools and then immediately flash the patcher.

No problem at all.

After first boot I flashed the latest Magisk version and that’s it. Job done.

There are several ways to do this but I follow the instructions from the OpenWatch team for consistency.

It seems pointless to do it differently and possibly confuse people here so I stick to the recommended process.

Obviously it is up to the individual but this was my choice.

Cheers

The "recommended" process is just the fastest way we've found to root most (if not all) MediaTek watches. Most of them come with a locked bootloader and that prevents us from using fastboot to boot the recovery in the first place, that's why we need a TWRP patcher. 

I couldn’t find a better solution, however, if someone has any idea to improve this, just contact us and we will see if it’s a viable idea!

Strange - my scatter is fine from the same package:

I am concerned that the wrong file is uploaded - I’ll check again

1512.jpg

1513.jpg

Ok - downloaded again and checked - the scatter is definitely mt6739
It is the correct file
As I say - I have tested it many times…

Hi guys, thanks for this. I have been wanting to flash and root my lem x. After I follow the guide and try to flash Magisk to root, I’m stuck at teamwin reboot, it always reboot back to teamwin recovery. How to go back to normal rebooting of the watch phone?

Edit… darn I think I might brick my lemx. I thought I followed the steps, first installing twrp and then install instructions. It mentioned saying no OS installed and then now I’m stuck at LEMFO logo screen and won’t go anywhere. Is there anyway to fix this ? I really wanted to root my lemx and thought I was following the steps right. Now all the watch does is it stays on the LEMFO logo and won’t even turn off, always on.

Thanks

flash the whole firmware again with sp flash tool and after flash the recovery twrp , after when you are in twrp install the twrp recovery patcher,reboot recovery and install magisk.
maybe pablo11 can explain better,maybe when you click download only,the is suppose to be on and you need to press the red bottom for 10 seconds to get download mode,you need to get download mode in order to flash in the watch

Oct 3, 2018 22:47:20 GMT 1 seyelive said:
Hi guys, thanks for this. I have been wanting to flash and root my lem x. After I follow the guide and try to flash Magisk to root, I'm stuck at teamwin reboot, it always reboot back to teamwin recovery. How to go back to normal rebooting of the watch phone?

Edit… darn I think I might brick my lemx. I thought I followed the steps, first installing twrp and then install instructions. It mentioned saying no OS installed and then now I’m stuck at LEMFO logo screen and won’t go anywhere. Is there anyway to fix this ? I really wanted to root my lemx and thought I was following the steps right. Now all the watch does is it stays on the LEMFO logo and won’t even turn off, always on.

Thanks

Just load the stock firmware in the SP Flash Tool.
Make sure you have selected download only and all items are selected.
Then press the download icon in the flash tool gui - so it will be ready to flash your watch.
Make a connection between the watch and your PC with the charging cable.

Now - make sure you have the watch connected and on a flat stable surface and hold in the power button until the watch reboots.

On reboot the watch will flash the firmware. Be very careful that this process is not interrupted.

That will bring your watch back to normal.

Hi, thank you so far. I am glad to see that I can go back into teamwin recovery following your steps. But I’m back to where I cannot reboot normally because it says “No OS Installed, do I want to reboot anyway”. This is what happened last time and I got stuck at the Lemfo logo after reboot.

I’m kind of new to this type of flashing and rooting, could you walk me through the steps so flash and root properly with the Lem-X. Ever since I flashed the “image” file with the below steps, it says I do not have No OS installed and will loop to the Lemfo logo after reboot.

1. Boot into twrp 4. Click install 5. Click install image 6. Navigate to the twrp image you copied over and select it 7. Find recovery in the list and select it 8. Swipe to confirm.

Thank you

The very first thing you need to do is copy the TWRP patcher.zip to your watch storage.

Then you flash the TWRP image as described and the watch will boot into recovery.

In recovery you just select the “allow changes to system” option and then go ahead and flash the patcher.zip from your watch storage.

That’s it. Just reboot after this and it will be able to boot properly.

Just out of interest - why do you need root access to the watch?

I’m just curious…

I’ll give that a try. I was hoping to root to customize dpi settings easier when needed because some apps are hard to use because it doesn’t fit on the screen. I heard with Magisk it also fix some of the Playstore apps that have issues passing safetynet. Thanks again, I’ll give your instructions a shot. Hope it works!

Hmm, I must be missing something. I did the steps again in the order you mentioned and I get this option which will always lead to being stuck at Lemfo icon at start. The OS must be missing and not working properly and won’t let me start up normally again.

Nevermind, I believe I got everything to work. I’m still testing it but it looks like Magisk is installed too. I’ll play with it a bit and let you guys know. Thank you so much!

Oct 4, 2018 9:50:51 GMT 1 seyelive said:
Nevermind, I believe I got everything to work. I'm still testing it but it looks like Magisk is installed too. I'll play with it a bit and let you guys know. Thank you so much!

Ok thanks.

I don’t know how the instructions led you to that issue but I’m glad you are ok now.

Everything working really well now. I ended up flashing it back to factory reset to start all over, but I think the problem was after I install the patcher.zip, I install the twrp_image file and everytime I did that, it did something to the partition and the OS, it removed the OS somehow. I skipped that part and just installed Magisk after I installed the patcher.zip. Now everything working very smooth.

Donated you guys for being helpful and awesome. Keep up the great work!

I’ll cross check the patcher.zip and see what has happened.

Thanks.

After I roll up the recovery, everything is fine, but if I put magical on it, it always comes in recovery … even if I tell it to load it into the system in recovery … how can I fix it? (I can log in only after putting the patch again)