TWRP for LEMX

Nov 1, 2018 23:28:35 GMT 1 virgomer said:
After I roll up the recovery, everything is fine, but if I put magical on it, it always comes in recovery ... even if I tell it to load it into the system in recovery .. how can I fix it? (I can log in only after putting the patch again)

Once you have flashed the recovery and then installed the patcher zip you need to reboot and let the watch boot fully.

Copy the latest Magisk zip to watch storage.

Then you need to use the adb shell command from your pc to reboot to recovery.

Use the minimal adb and fast boot zip from here or google it and install it on your computer.

On your watch -

First enable usb debugging.
Then connect the watch to the pc.

On your computer -

Then open up a command prompt (CMD) on your pc and type :
adb reboot recovery

All lower case letters and press enter.

Once in recovery again just flash the Magisk zip using recovery.

It will patch boot image.

Once this is done you will have root access and you can install a reboot manager from the Play Store and now you will be able to reboot to recovery using the reboot manager because you have root access.

Nov 1, 2018 23:28:35 GMT 1 virgomer said:
After I roll up the recovery, everything is fine, but if I put magical on it, it always comes in recovery ... even if I tell it to load it into the system in recovery .. how can I fix it? (I can log in only after putting the patch again)

Once you have flashed the recovery and then installed the patcher zip you need to reboot and let the watch boot fully.

Copy the latest Magisk zip to watch storage.

Then you need to use the adb shell command from your pc to reboot to recovery.

Use the minimal adb and fast boot zip from here or google it and install it on your computer.

On your watch -

First enable usb debugging.
Then connect the watch to the pc.

On your computer -

Then open up a command prompt (CMD) on your pc and type :
adb reboot recovery

All lower case letters and press enter.

Once in recovery again just flash the Magisk zip using recovery.

It will patch boot image.

Once this is done you will have root access and you can install a reboot manager from the Play Store and now you will be able to reboot to recovery using the reboot manager because you have root access.
tnx only this work ! add this pls)

Great thanks for Lem X TWRP developer. I rooted watch with Magisk like above - everything works great and my watch is free!

Free your watch.

Glad you like it :+1:

Jan 10, 2019 18:53:57 GMT 1 joseph1234 said:

Great thanks for Lem X TWRP developer. I rooted watch with Magisk like above - everything works great and my watch is free!

Free your watch.

Sept 29, 2018 5:33:51 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
iscle

has kindly created TWRP for your LEMX.

Flashing this recovery is exactly the same process as for the LEM7

The only difference is that the nav bar usually at the bottom of TWRP GUI is not there - yet.
This means that if you make a mistake you will need to use command “adb reboot recovery” to go back.
iscle

is looking at ways to get around this but until then I have added a link for installing adb utilities to help.

Install Instructions:

If you have TWRP installed already:

1. Download the first link which is just the twrp image files

2. Copy the image file to your watch

3. Boot into twrp

4. Click install

5. Click install image

6. Navigate to the twrp image you copied over and select it

7. Find recovery in the list and select it

8. Swipe to confirm

9. You’re done

If you don’t have TWRP installed:

1. With your watch turned on, copy the file “TWRP_patcher.zip” to the /sdcard directory.

2. Turn off your watch.

3. Open sp flash tool

4. In the “Scatter-loading File” box choose the “MT6739M_Android_scatter.txt” file in the TWRP_image folder

5. Press on “Download”.

6. Connect the watch dock/cable to the computer.

7. Put the watch on your dock/cable and wait until a green tick appears on the screen.

8. Unplug your watch from the computer and power it on. It will automatically boot to TWRP.

WARNING: the following step (9) will install the default boot.img for the stock rom of the device. If you have another rom installed, be sure to flash it after finishing this guide.

1. On the recovery, go to Install → Install Zip and select the previously copied file “TWRP_patcher.zip”

2. Wait until it finishes and that’s it!

Download TWRP for LEMX here drive.google.com/file/d/1F0uvm_7G_-rnRrHZcWAcKKqdmGZv3aW7/view?usp=sharing

ADB utility here drive.google.com/file/d/1Uz75C_KHBKkmssF_FRNlrS03B0vh9uON/view?usp=sharing

I just did this and followed these instructions to the letter. I did not have TWRP installed. After my watch restarted, I now have a message on it stating “Encryption Unsuccessful”. I am just guessing at the first word since the first part of it is cut off. It says the encryption was interrupted and now the data on the watch is not accessible and it needs to be factory reset.  I have attached a photo of the error. Do I just try and reflash? If so, how? One thing to add. I di dnot get any error when I installed the TWRP_patcher.zip file, but when the watch rebooted, it got stuck on the Lemfo splash screen for about 2 minutes. I thought it was stuck so I turned it off and on using the power button.

Edit: I cannot reflash. When I run TWRP again it asks for a decryption password. I am guessing my only option is to do a factory rest in TWRP. Help!

Attachments:

Interrupting the first boot after flashing the patcher is not good.
It takes a while to run that process.

At this point you can try to flash the stock boot image with SP Tools and see if it boots. But I doubt it.
Probably the safest option is to flash full stock firmware and start again.

pablo11 AvatarJan 12, 2019 20:09:12 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Interrupting the first boot after flashing the patcher is not good. It takes a while to run that process.

At this point you can try to flash the stock boot image with SP Tools and see if it boots. But I doubt it.
Probably the safest option is to flash full stock firmware and start again.       

That was important information missing from the original instructions. If I would have known that I would have just let it do its thing and wait. Thanks for your help. How do I flash it? I can get the watch to go into TWRP, but my PC does not recognize it when I connect the USB cable. Also, what would happen if I ran the factory rest from within TWRP?

It’s unusual for it take 2 minutes and you are the first person to report this problem.
Sorry about your situation.

Forget about twrp for now. Just get the watch up and running again first.

Next thing to do is read up on how to flash using the SP Tools.
Unless you are already familiar with it?

There’s a decent video on our YouTube channel and many others on the Web.

Once you have installed your MTK drivers and the flash tool you can just flash back to stock. The firmware is here in the Lemfo firmware section.

At least from there you can have the watch back to normal.

I will add a note of caution to the process above.

I am also going to guess that once you are in TWRP, you use it as read only? Should ADB Debugging be on?

I just read all posts in this thread, and I think I will wait before I do this again. It is a bit confusing as the instructions are kind of all over the place. Some are saying to just do like the OP, like I did. Some of you are saying to patch Magisk while in recovery, right after the initial patch, and then some say to use ADB to boot back into recovery to flash Magisk. I think I will sleep on this, then look at it again tomorrow morn with a fresh mind! I just want to be able to increase the display brightness as mentioned here: /thread/2539/lemfo-lem?page=63. I am not sure what I can do with the watch rooted beyond that, so I need to give this a bit more thought. Thank you all for your help!!

I just tried this again, and I was successful in the initial part of it. I again followed the initial instructions to get the watch into TWRP after I copied the TWRP_Patcher.zip file to /sdcard. That ran and the watch rebooted back to the system. Then I copied the Magisk 18 zip file to the /sdcard folder, went back into recovery, and flashed it. It seemed to work and gave me no errors. When I reboot the watch, all it does is go back to TWRP. I have tried this 3 times with the same result. The watch will not boot to the system. The last time I did it, I cleared the cache and turned the watch off, but got the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Just a side note: When I intitialy went into TWRP, I ran it as read only. I did not want to permanently flash it. My past experiences with Android devices is that doing this can brick them if the bootloader is locked. 

I was able to get it rooted finally! As mentioned in a previous post, I just went back into TWRP using ADB from my PC and flashed Magisk.

Edit: Watch was rooted until I restarted it.

My watch seems to be partially rooted. I installed Root Checker, and it shows it as being rooted. Installed Greenify, and it was given root permissions. But, if I install any root explorer app, it gets denied root privileges. I tried reflashing Magisk 18, but had the same result. I am trying to copy a file into one of the system folders, and this issue is keeping that from happening!

Jan 14, 2019 13:54:40 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

My watch seems to be partially rooted. I installed Root Checker, and it shows it as being rooted. Installed Greenify, and it was given root permissions. But, if I install any root explorer app, it gets denied root privileges. I tried reflashing Magisk 18, but had the same result. I am trying to copy a file into one of the system folders, and this issue is keeping that from happening!

You need to install busybox for root commands to function.

Jan 14, 2019 13:54:40 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

You need to install busybox for root commands to function.

I tried that, but the watch denied root access to it also. Will try again first chance I get! Thank you!

Have you run a full install of Magisk on the watch?

I mean open Magisk and run the direct install option?

Once you have flashed the patched boot image this is needed for root access to work properly.

pablo11 AvatarJan 15, 2019 4:00:46 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Have you run a full install of Magisk on the watch?

I mean open Magisk and run the direct install option?

Once you have flashed the patched boot image this is needed for root access to work properly.

I actually went into Magisk and created a modified boot image to flash, but then just decided to start all over again and I did a factory restore. I have done it it several times now, and can do it fairly fast! Right now it is working great and rooted. I am not going to mess with it any more right now, just want to use and enjoy it. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Maybe the kernel that the .zip patch installs is too old for that version…

I will try to do a new build soon

hi. I need some help please. Im not a newb to the android hacking scene…but I need help with a issue… Please provide the sp flash tool you have used… SO…i Powered off my device completely. I download sp flash tool. I loaded MT6739_Android_scatter.txt on the sp flash tool…ONLY two files are checked on the app…one is for recovery and the other is for boot…now I press download and connect the charge cable on my powered off lemx…and NOTHING happens?? I do have usb debugging enabled and I enter adb devices…and it shows up…What am I missing?? any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you guys