The Kospet PRIME Official post

Ok, I got the instructions to return the watch to their Hong Kong office for replacement. I’m shipping from the USA…any advice / counsel / recommendations you can give me on shipping?

Unfortunately not really,
It is a challenge to find a company that is willing to accept watch with Li battery. Apart from DHL who will cost a fortune.
Maybe FedEx or similar carriers?
Sometimes I just don’t declare it and take the risk by just saying it is a watch… Nothing else.

1 Like

Good point . I never declare its a watch ever . If i did it would never leave the UK . I recently sent a watch from the uk to hamburg . When originally asked what it was it was it was refused . I went to a different post office and after getting confused i accidently told them it was a old collectors pocket watch :wink: . They then accepted it.

Yep sadly it is this bad

If you want to do it in a safe and proper way, remove the battery and declare it as ‘smartwatch without battery’

1 Like

Worth trying for sure :+1:

I love the fact that people here are doing their best to help each other! Thanks Pablo!

1 Like

Experts help please.

I have a Prime, running firmware v2_3_B_20200706. Installed and factory reset using OTA. All good.

I am trying to add new clockfaces following all the instructions I see in this thread and elsewhere. Ive used adb and clock skin transfer, MTP file transfer, zip file and un-zipped file, but none will show up in the clock skin chooser when I scroll to the right and hit refresh - none. I have tried various faces, have cleared down my clockskin directory, restarted, reloaded and refreshed and I still cannot seem to add any new faces (except the internet downloadable ones using the “+” button).

Any ideas please?

Have you performed a factory reset after updating?

I would like to try and help but your terminology is confusing. I don’t know what a clockskin chooser is and I am not familiar with “refresh” when selecting a watchface on your watch.

Let me try this. You download a watchface, from this forum, for example to your computer. You connect your watch to your computer by selecting USB/file transfer. After opening the watch file system you select the clocksin folder. If you don’t have a clockskin folder you create one, “clockskin.” Then go to your folder where the watchface you downloaded is stored. If a zip file open it and copy and paste the watchface file to your clockskin folder. Do the same for each If you have multiple faces to install. Disconnect your watch from the computer. Reboot your watch, don’t do a reset. After the watch has finished restarting, tap and hold the displayed watchface until it changes size. Now you should be able to scroll left and right to view the watchfaces that came installed on your watch and the faces you have added. To select a watchface tap on it. You cannot change the watchfaces that came pre-installed.

hi, yes, at the time of the OTA. have been using since, but only now trying to add a different watch face. Stock launcher.

well, did that and there is no difference, have restarted, deleted the folder, recreated it, added a face, restarted etc - still cant see it.

thanks Jonathan.

• clockskin chooser - the part of the MainActivity that appears when you long press the watch fact to pick an alternative face - scroll left or right
  • refresh - when you get to the far right of the “chooser” and you see the “+” button in the centre, at the top left there is also an arrow you can touch to clear cache etc.

And yes, I have done exactly as you have said, and it should all work as it is for everyone else - but its not happening for me. There is something very strange going on though. If I mount the watch in MTP mode I can see my clockskin folder. It contains a skin - (which is odd because I removed them all with Clock Skin Transfer). Now if I “adb shell” into the watch and “cd sdcard/clockskin” I see an empty folder…if looking for hidden files and folder with ‘ls -a’. So, android is doing something here to give a few of a filesystem that isnt the same as when you go under the hood with adb. Im going to try deleting and re-creating that folder and see if creating it in adb - as I think I did - is the cause of the problem.

1 Like

So, I’m just getting around to sending the Prime back. I talked to my local U.S. Post office and they had no issues with sending the watch to Hong Kong. I asked about the battery and they asked was the battery still in the watch, which of course it is. They said that was fine. They have actually told me the same thing about laptops I have shipped to buyers on ebay. So I have to get this thing ready for shipping and then see what the cost will be. It’s possible I don’t send it back just because it’s too expensive.

I send from Australia quite often and in usd it is about $20.

Ok, if it’s in that range, I will do that.

1 Like

UK to germany £ 8 but obviously not as far

Well, I sent it off today. $27 to HK. I chose the cheapest shipping possible. Now I’ll be without a flagship watch for weeks…months? smh.

Can you pm me the tracking number please?

Thanks to all for help so far.

I’m going to root and reload v2_3B. To do this do I need to take the boot.img file from v1.5 (and the twrp recovery) and replace what is in the v2_3 zip - or is the boot.img in v2_3B also patched for rooting?