The Kospet PRIME Official post

If all apps needing data are not working like weather etc… Your cell data is not working no matter what.
So maybe check the APN settings in watch settings, connect, cellular networks.
Is this showing signal bars?

Next is a simple idea.
1 Check the SIM card in another phone.
2 Insert another SIM card in the watch

3 Likes

signal bars varies from 2 to 3 bars inside. 3gcell

Then it has to be APN settings

3 Likes

I looked at APN settings too - it says ATT broadband. This SIM works fine with mobile data when I have it in any of several cell phones. But those phones probably have more available bands than the Prime has. So I’m thinking it might just be that a data band the Prime needs in not available where I’m at. Xiaomi Note 4 and Unihertz Atom both work fine with this SIM on data but they have a lot of bands in them.

Unfortunately I know nothing about ATT but I hear that T Mobile works

Where I’m at T-Mobile doesn’t work at all - not even for basic cell phone calls. I’ll probably be in an area in the next couple days where there are a lot more cell towers and will give this a try then. I still have a few other things to try in the mean time and will let you know any results. Thanks again for all the help.

I’m sure there are people who are using ATT here. Have you used the search function?

1 Like

Check out the ATT forum. Many such problems are discussed there. In many cases, the idea is: CALL ATT! There are better ideas than that. Trial luck

Well I just searched “ATT” and there are lots of hits like ‘attached’, ‘attack’, ‘attempt’ - LOL but no hits on AT&T :laughing:

for example
https://forums.att.com/conversations/network-coverage/cellular-data-not-working/5df02fd4bad5f2f60624b922

This is actually a Tracfone SIM which uses the ATT network. Yeah I wouldn’t bother calling any cell service support - have always had better luck figuring it out myself. But since this SIM works in other phones to access the Internet here with mobile data I have to assume at this point that it is just lacking the band for that in this area. Unless it is an APN issue - I’ll check what APN this SIM shows in another phone in this area and if that’s not it then I’m almost certain the band is an issue unless the phone itself is defective in some way. I’ve set up and rooted over 45 phones over the years so I’m fairly certain on this now. At least it’s something well hidden if I’m missing anything settings wise. Cheers all - giving this up for tonight.

LOL - guess I couldn’t give it up yet. middle name is ‘tenacious’. I got the mobile data working - 4G even. Now I can browse the Internet without Wifi on - Yeah! It was the APN settings. The default ATT broadband wasn’t doing it. I looked at another phone with a Tracfone SIM and it had Straight Talk as the APN so I had to input a boat load of APN settings manually after creating a new Straight Talk APN and that did the trick. Sort of strange though as the previous phone this SIM was in did not require that to be manually set up. Maybe because that was the phone I activated the SIM in so Tracfone probably put those settings in remotely when it was activated - and it was not a genuine tracfone - just a BYOP (bring your own phone) deal. Depending on where you are located Tracfone will use ATT, Verizon or T-Mobile and you just get the correct SIM for the major carrier through Tracfone.

While I’m thinking of it I wanted to mention that if you are in an area with strong Sprint towers that Textnow is offering free cell service through Sprint. You just buy a SIM from them for $10 and then all cell calling is free and I think some mobile data. But you’ll have ads in the Textnow dialer / message app. I tried it only to find out the nearest Sprint service that works with this SIM is about 90 miles away so no go unless I’m traveling.

You were right on. In the recent past I’ve rarely had to deal with changing APN settings - it has seemed mostly automatic but I’m wondering now if I had done a ‘Network reset’ if it would have fixed it more easily instead of typing in all the values.

Either way it’s good to go and thanks much for the help!

1 Like

Hi there!!! I am Paulo owne a Prime Se can anyone tell me why cant i see the name of who is calling me ?

Is the person calling in your Contacts list. If they aren’t I would assume that is why it won’t show. If they are in your contacts list then I’d look for something in the phone settings or contacts settings - not real sure as I haven’t seen that problem.

1 Like

Is there any type of stretchy silicone covering to put over a watch like this when you are wearing it? I tend to bump my wrist into a lot of things especially if I’m working and it would be good to have a easy quick removable skin of some sort on the watch face or whole watch. I’ve got some screen protectors ordered since I got dust and dirt on the one that came with the watch but I’d like to have something more protective overall.
Maybe a baby sock ? :laughing:

lol… A watch condom :joy:
No, I haven’t seen anything like that…
Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist though :grin:

4 Likes

Hmmm, That just might be the answer :laughing:

@pablo11, Do you happen to know what is a good app for making watch faces for the Prime? I saw gyuri made a really nice one in Kospet watchface thread. I used a likely roundabout way to install it as I mentioned on that thread and it works but I wanted to modify it to change a couple choices on the face such as starting the camera app instead of watchdroid. But I haven’t had much luck so far in modifying the .xml file directly so I probably need the app that created the watch face.