The Kospet PRIME Official post

@droidtrix Are you kidding me?
This site is the largest watch face designer community on the Web.
I think people seriously don’t look at the rest of the site…just focus on their problem…

Why don’t browse the categories for faces and face development?
But also the Android Development section for apps like Watch Face Designer and Universal Launcher…

It’s all here.
This site is HUGE and covers pretty much everything you could need.

Enjoy

3 Likes

I did look around a little but didn’t realize it was a large WF designer community. My bad. I just saw the Kospet watch face thread and no mention there of what is needed to create a face for the Kospet. I’m a total newbie when it comes to watch face stuff. I’ll dig in…

@droidtrix
Just so you know - the Kospet is no different to any other.
They all use the same xml based face engine.
So a face created here on this website will work on ALL the watches here.
There are a few quirks here and there but the Prime is no different for faces.

2 Likes

Thanks, that definitely answers one of my first questions. :+1:

1 Like

Is it possible to add more widgets somehow (on the stock launcher)?
For example weather widget and Watch Droid app widget?

I know it is possible on Universal Launcher, but that is not an option because I’m experiencing some other problems in that case.

Thanks!

When you mean widget do you actually mean touch icons on clockskins that open apps ? If so yes . You can do a lot . If you want a example let me know

1 Like

Yes, as @Dr_Andy_Vishnu says - watch faces with shortcuts to various watch apps you have is very possible and not too difficult to do

But adding extra widget panels to the stock launcher is NOT possible.
As you have noticed - only Universal Launcher can do this.

Please check out the huge amount of watch faces available here - free for personal use.
This site is a lot bigger than you might think :+1::+1:

Yes, that was exactly my question - I meant extra widget panels.
But watch faces with shortcuts are pretty nice idea too, so thanks a lot for the answers, guys!

Speaking of that, can you give me an example of such watch face, so that I can know what to look for?
Also, I already downloaded some nice faces from here, but this is my first Android watch, so I’m still figuring out which faces are working on stock launcher and which are not. :smiley:

Normally I don’t agree with " spoon feeding" people because our search function is excellent.
But. Start here https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/c/round-custom-faces/8

2 Likes

No probs . Try this on stock launcher .

Please note you must install the apps on your watch for the icons to work ( ie whatsapp etc )

Thanks

2 Likes

They are in my contacts yes !
But i forgot to say that i have no SIM card on the watch.
I meant on the watch notification, just warn me that the phone is ringing.

Thanks mate.
You are a saint :+1:

1 Like

Good Morning,
Don’t we have the option to remove the initial heartbeat icon and put it on whatsapp?
Thanks!!

Hi G1NTON1C
I should replace the Power key, the kospet sent me a new one, do you have some videos on how to get to the keys without doing damage?

Mr. Ticks has a video on youtube in which he opens the back of the Prime to examine the battery. But he doesn’t dismantle any further.
I have already dismantled the Prime, but not including the buttons. And unfortunately I did not record it on video.

And lets not forget he damaged the fragile connector while doing so :wink:

1 Like

If you have no experience in disassembling embedded devices it is highly likely to make it even worse, everything on those devices is built down to a price.
If you paid with paypal, open a dispute and get a proper replacement.

the seller offered me a partial refund of 63 €, sending it back for a replacement would mean waiting for at least two and a half months to get it back in addition to the trouble of having to send it back with the risk that it will not even arrive, so I was considering the idea of ​​trying to repair it find who can do it at that price, already having the spare part.

Some local repair shop might be able to it for a small fee.

Otherwise you should open a paypal dispute, describing that you can no longer use the device because of a broken power button.
They are likely to tell you should send it back to the seller for a refund, which shouldn’t take longer than a month in total.
You might need to remove the battery to avoid any conflict with the shipping service, but that is a lot easier than removing the mainboard and buttons.

1 Like

@marcomdg I agree with @none on this one.
Local mobile phone repair shop can do it fairly simply and cheaply, hopefully.
The Prime is (luckily) very well designed from a servicing perspective.
Unlike the many other devices, this one has almost all stuff like speaker, microphone and heart rate sensor built in to the rear cover.
Once the cover and the battery is removed there is a plastic ring which can be removed and the rear of the buttons will be visible.

However, I still recommend that you get it done by a repair shop.
It’s still incredibly easy to cause irreparable damage.
Cheers

2 Likes