The Kospet PRIME Official post

I have to add after testing this - it eats battery and cannot be turned off using the usual switches…
Shame because it works.

1 Like

The Kospet Prime 4G is what needs flashing due to heart rate monitor not recording wrist pulse (only records when you use finger). Dr_Vishnu gave instructions though

Does anyone know what this notification means ?

1 Like

Without knowing what apps you have installed - no.
It’s a notification from something that you have but only you know what is intsalled…

If there are no apps installed at all - it could be a warning that system time is incorrect.
But I don’t think so as I have never seen it before…

Isn’t that the icon for the settings app of Universal Launcher?

2 Likes

It’s an unknown system notification…

Hello to all, i hope you are fine at your home’s safety…
I have a general question that came in my mind, as i was reading about twrp recovery and wondering why a lot of you guys want to put it in your smartwatches…I red that with twrp it’s possible to install a custom firmware (rom) to a smartphone and i remembered that i had done that in my old Samsung Galaxy S3…Is anything like that possible in a smartwatch? A custom rom?

1 Like

To be honest the reason most people use twrp is to tweak the system and try to get better battery life etc…
Custom roms are not really a thing for these devices… Apart from stripping some system apps etc…

There is some development happening for the watches but it’s still a way off at the moment.

To be honest I don’t even bother with custom recovery anymore…

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to replace default applications like the weather app with custom ones?

You have to remove the stock apps from the system image using root Explorer otherwise you will end up with both apps.
But if you are not careful your watch will not boot.
You should only do this stuff if you know what you are doing and it’s solely your responsibility to research it and find out.

We are here to support you but we don’t take any responsibility if you destroy your watch because you don’t know what you are doing.

Sorry if that sounds mean but it happens all the time. People start to mess with stuff they don’t understand and then get upset when they have a watch that no longer works…

Cheers
Pablo.

1 Like

Ok No worries. Happy Easter to you too :+1:

1 Like

Dotsfar, if you take the watch in off state,I think the flashing don’t start,the same with my prime.
So I put the watch in the charger when it is on,I move the watch until I see the debug usb notification and then I reboot from there,without move the watch and click on download on sp.
after the watch reboot,the flash start it.
Good Easter to all.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I am familiar with rooting and used to do that with my android phones since long ago. But I was referring to linking apps in the watch face with new ones. I saw a post that was talking about using a certain code to do so. Did I understand that correctly? And will these apps get linked automatically to the face if I removed stock ones and replaced them with custom ones?

Yes - the new watch face touch functions are discussed in the watch face development section here on the forum.

to those who decide to reinstall everything every time, I am curious, have you got a procedure to automate the process or do you reinstall and configure all apps ?
thanx

1 Like

Hello.
Titanium backup apk

2 Likes

thank you, I’ll investigate on how to root my prime

thanx for the advice, just to be safe, what’s the name of the user data partition ?

It’s the one called “userdata” when firmware is loaded in the flash tool.

1 Like

In which countries the ota was issued, in Italy I have not received it